Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Trouble in Portugal

Read 7591 times
      Cy
      Re: Trouble in Portugal
      Reply #23: Feb 19, 2007 10:35:08 am
      If it was THAT serious we would have heard of a police invistagation by now. The newspaper (if we can call it that) who is reporting that story is not the best source for breaking news nevertheless sports!

Something probably happenned but it was probably nothing more then what british tourits would have done in a portugese bar anyway..

Now Bellamy and Riise that could be more serious. If it is true I'm afraid there is no option but to sack the lad, he is doing all right for us but you cannot accept that kind of behaviour. Now let's see what will be the outcome of all of this,
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #24: Feb 19, 2007 10:51:29 am
      Rafa has said that any one who breached club discipline will be fined. It will be interesting to see if any of them do get fined when they get back and what the other implications might be, like being frozen out of the team and a stint in the Ressies!
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #25: Feb 19, 2007 11:41:12 am
      Hasn't there been talk about Bellers being fined £80K plus he's out the door??  Maybe the paps again blowing things up.  In my view whether it was nothing or something, it has come at the wrong time, and we ALL need to realise this.

rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 19, 2007 01:30:00 pm
      come on guys..to wedneday hey. come on you reds
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #27: Feb 19, 2007 01:51:22 pm
      Pictures from yesterdays training session, press reports made out Riise would be black and blue Bellamy must have used a rubber golf club because I cant see a mark on him.

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2007 01:53:10 pm by Glenbuck »
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #28: Feb 19, 2007 01:55:11 pm
      Nice one Glenbuck.  Nice to see them looking relaxed and smiling!!  Roll on Wednesday  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Feb 19, 2007 02:58:03 pm
      Awww group hug :D ;D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 19, 2007 03:58:12 pm
      this was just probably a very minor incident,probably some spanish mole,trying to take the attention off the issues barcelona have.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 19, 2007 04:53:03 pm
      this comes as a big relief as there was always a thought that bellamy did it in the back of my mind BRING ON THE CATALANS
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #32: Feb 19, 2007 05:21:44 pm
      this was just probably a very minor incident,probably some spanish mole,trying to take the attention off the issues barcelona have.

you might be right, I wondered what the dodgey character by the pool was up to?
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #33: Feb 19, 2007 05:23:47 pm
      haha good one ^
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #34: Feb 19, 2007 06:29:54 pm
      actaully, i was checking up on eurosport.com, and they interviewed Morten Gamst Pedersen about the incident, and he said that he felt sorry for Riise. i don't know if it was a scripted interview, or what, but its pretty crazy.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #35: Feb 19, 2007 07:01:59 pm
      dudek has said on his website (dont know what the adress is) that he has nothing to do with this,
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #36: Feb 19, 2007 07:50:45 pm
      "actaully, I was checking up on eurosport.com, and they interviewed Morten Gamst Pedersen about the incident, and he said that he felt sorry for Riise. I don't know if it was a scripted interview, or what, but its pretty crazy."

Gamst Pedersen and Riise are both norwegians, playing together on the national team etc. Ofcourse Gamst Pedersen would say he is sorry for John Arne is someone asked him. But i dont think that says anything.

(i didnt know how to put the part from Batmans post in my reply.... lalala)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #37: Feb 19, 2007 08:09:54 pm
      It would be much better if somebody came out and said what happened.

If Craig Bellamy really did smack Riise across the legs with a golf club then he obviously didn't do it hard or surely Riise would be injured.  I would be if somebody cracked me round the legs.

I don't think Riise would take any messing off Bellamy to be honest.

I really don't want to add fire to the media frenzy (the media love stories like this - remember the 'Spice boys' and all that) but if there is an ounce of truth in it then Bellamy is finished. Rafa won't tolerate it.  I don't think he would tolerate it from a 30 goals a season striker - never mind a striker that can be replaced.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #38: Feb 19, 2007 08:15:10 pm
      It would be much better if somebody came out and said what happened.

If Craig Bellamy really did smack Riise across the legs with a golf club then he obviously didn't do it hard or surely Riise would be injured.  I would be if somebody cracked me round the legs.

I don't think Riise would take any messing off Bellamy to be honest.

I really don't want to add fire to the media frenzy (the media love stories like this - remember the 'Spice boys' and all that) but if there is an ounce of truth in it then Bellamy is finished. Rafa won't tolerate it.  I don't think he would tolerate it from a 30 goals a season striker - never mind a striker that can be replaced.

Your right there JD, i think JAR would of floored Bellamy if he had done that   ;)
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #39: Feb 19, 2007 09:27:22 pm
      Pictures from yesterdays training session, press reports made out Riise would be black and blue Bellamy must have used a rubber golf club because I cant see a mark on him.

No marks can be seen as Riise was only hit on the body so it dont show :laugh:

No marks can be seen as Riise was only hit on the body so it dont show
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #40: Feb 19, 2007 10:34:38 pm
      They deffo from yesterday tall?

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #41: Feb 20, 2007 08:26:04 am
      They deffo from yesterday tall?

I took them off the official site mate there deffo from Sunday, heres the link.
      Riise was, "beaten around the legs with a golf club" he looks okay to me

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155024070219-1015.htm
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2007 08:29:41 am by Glenbuck »
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #42: Feb 20, 2007 11:05:15 pm
      wonder if it was a five iron?Maybe just practicing his golf swing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #43: Feb 21, 2007 05:21:39 am
      so two players whose careers are at an end at LFC and two others who came here recently with Liverpool in their hearts? Aren't we playing a a spanish team sometime soon? What is it with english based footballers that when they go abroad that act like idiots...so lets say the newspapers blew the whole thing out of proportion....well there has to have been some incident to have created all this bollocks.... focus and beat Barca!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #44: Feb 21, 2007 06:17:22 am
      so lets say the newspapers blew the whole thing out of proportion....well there has to have been some incident to have created all this bollocks....

A broken glass.. The papers are soo clever!! :)

Quick Reply