Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Medical Thread

Read 67296 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: The Medical Thread
      Reply #598: Nov 15, 2011 06:37:32 am
      Quote from el batez
      Dear Mr Roddenberry I find that in these times of looseness that a hand of banana's helps to plug up that hole in the dam

I'll just assume that you are suggesting he eats these bananas, rather than what it sounded like on first read!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #599: Nov 15, 2011 08:07:14 am
      I am going to give up in January, just don't want to spoil Christmas by giving up just now. I no longer drink, I don't do drugs, so my choices are limited to sex and smoking, and sadly I can't manage sex 40 times a day. 
      That is the best way s@int,name a date and make sure you stick with it,it will be 20 years in January since i gave the ciggies away and in all honesty it was the best thing I did.I had been smoking from when I was about 13c years old and just went cold turkey.sure it will be difficult at times but the best advice i can give is when you pack in keep away from people who smoke as that will be the hardest thing.Hope you beat the ciggies and  keep going on the sex.p.s. It is probably better to die from too much sex than cancer,Cheers.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #600: Nov 15, 2011 08:09:13 am
      Of course but innuendo's do tend to be taken the wrong way at times and as for banana's  they help to bind the inside of said dam and help stop the floodgates opening least when expected so that you control the flow of said slurry ;) ;D.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #601: Nov 15, 2011 08:12:57 am
      Of course but innuendo's do tend to be taken the wrong way at times and as for banana's  they help to bind the inside of said dam and help stop the floodgates opening least when expected so that you control the flow of said slurry ;) ;D.
      What are you saying Al,innuendos are like bananas if taken the wrong way.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #602: Nov 15, 2011 10:47:56 am
      After a lousy day yesterday, sickness and diahoera, I thought I'd try some soup.  It went down well, unfortunately it came up as well.  Time to do what I usually do when ill, sleep.

Hope you're feeling a lot better today Rodders  :hug:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #603: Nov 15, 2011 11:16:06 am
      After a lousy day yesterday, sickness and diahoera, I thought I'd try some soup.  It went down well, unfortunately it came up as well.  Time to do what I usually do when ill, sleep.

Hate that, just a constant drained feeling with associated evacuations. Sleep definitely the best policy. Get well soon Rodders.

I woke up 2 days ago with a very sore throat which I thought was from reflux I get which jumps into my mouth occasionally whilst I sleep but it got worse through the day, didn't get much sleep that night so went to the docs and he said I've got tonsillitis and prescribed me a course of 80 antibiotics, 2 four times a day for 10 days. Personally I've never had a dose that high, anyone else? Can't hurt me can it?

Back at the Hossy at 2.15 today to get the results of me second CT scan, wearing my LFC shirt for luck so fingers x'd. Thanks again for all your wishes folks, a few more about 2.15 wouldn't go amiss like. ;)

Later gators.

P.S please take your particular time zone into account regarding wishes please, Thanks.  ;)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #604: Nov 15, 2011 11:28:41 am
      prescribed me a course of 80 antibiotics, 2 four times a day for 10 days. Personally I've never had a dose that high, anyone else? Can't hurt me can it?

You should be all right as long as you take them orally ;) tonsillitis is sh*t it’s the only thing that has ever slowed my missus down and she is normally indestructible.

Good luck with you CT results.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get the results of my 2nd MRI scan last time I went they had lost them. So I have been waiting a month just for the results, doing my head in.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #605: Nov 15, 2011 11:34:24 am
      Dear Mr Roddenberry I find that in these times of looseness that a hand of banana's helps to plug up that hole in the dam,one every 2 hours with a glass of water you may get some leakage but but gradually your body will get back to normal and the you can go where no man has gone before once again.
      Best Wishes in your trek to become well again.

Only one, tiny problem, bananas set off my gag reflex, so it'll cause me to throw up some more.  Add in some flu-like symptoms today.  Not even keeping much fluid down, so alternating from water to lucozade, the lucozade I'm fairly sure has a placebo effect on me, or at least it did when I was younger and ill.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #606: Nov 15, 2011 11:40:43 am
      Only one, tiny problem, bananas set off my gag reflex, so it'll cause me to throw up some more.  Add in some flu-like symptoms today.  Not even keeping much fluid down, so alternating from water to lucozade, the lucozade I'm fairly sure has a placebo effect on me, or at least it did when I was younger and ill.

Try flat coke, this puts the sugar back in your body that you loose, and helps to settle the stomach.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #607: Nov 15, 2011 11:55:07 am
      Rodderrs, hope you feel better soon mate.

Exiled, good luck mate, gonna be thinking of you, fingers crossed from now on.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #608: Nov 15, 2011 12:48:28 pm
      Ok Rodder's last ditch 2 spoon's of cornflower with a bit water,mix to a paste then swallow it tastes like **** but should batten down the hatches....Good Luck mate and get well soon.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #609: Nov 15, 2011 12:50:40 pm
      Exiled - Good luck at the hospital this afternoon, will be thinking about you.

Venison - Good luck to you too getting the results of your MRI scan, take care xx

Take care Rodders xx
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #610: Nov 15, 2011 01:04:57 pm
      Good luck Exiled, we're all behind you hoping for the best. My thoughts will be with you, hoping for some good news.

prescribed me a course of 80 antibiotics, 2 four times a day for 10 days. Personally I've never had a dose that high, anyone else? Can't hurt me can it?

Not really mate, it will if you take them long term when it will enviterable will. There was a period where I had to take 25 tablets a day, it makes you feel light headed and more sleeply, other side effects depends on the medication itself.

You may need a blood test to check your liver but don't worry mate. They shouldn't cause any harm whatsoever.

Hope you feel better Roddenberry, man flu can be nasty. I normally have Lucozade to give the sugars back into the body.

Rest, and sleep are the best cure for it mate.

As for me, I've already been to the hospital today to have my blood test, and I will have to make a comeback tour today ;) at 4 when, I go to the hospital for a consultant appointment.

Wishing everyone ill, in pain or suffering, to get well soon..

YNWA

LFCexiled
      Reply #611: Nov 15, 2011 04:15:10 pm
      You should be all right as long as you take them orally ;)

Now you tell me, an operation to remove the bottle from my ass is next on the list. ;)

I have an appointment tomorrow to get the results of my 2nd MRI scan last time I went they had lost them. So I have been waiting a month just for the results, doing my head in.

Hopefully the lack of urgency is a good thing mate, doesn't help the mental battery I know but long term it may be a good sign.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, it appears they worked! The Doctor gave me the all clear with an advisory to change my lifestyle. He said I've had a clear warning and I should treat it as such.

Apparently I have to change my lager into wine, not even sure if an atheist can perform such acts. Years of junk food and other chemically unadvisables I've ingested haven't helped and my body is demanding change, can't blame it.

In all seriousness with what's happened I'd be a selfish tw*t if I didn't pay attention and sort myself out, I know of some little girls who would never forgive me.

Thanks again for all your thoughts guys and goils, I HONESTLY believe they helped.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #612: Nov 15, 2011 04:28:49 pm
      Well in Exiled mate, made up for you. Now, just follow the doc's instructions and you should be fine ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #613: Nov 15, 2011 07:04:00 pm
      So pleased to hear your news Exiled......small steps hun and you'll get there, take it easy  :hug:
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #614: Nov 15, 2011 08:59:33 pm
      Nice one Exiled. Made up for you and wine isn't so bad, I'm quite fond of the odd bottle (or two) of a nice red.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #615: Nov 15, 2011 09:30:58 pm
      Glad to hear your news Exiled. On the plus side, J.P. Chenet is three bottles for 12 quid in Iceland and its pretty nice once you've finished the first two bottles! Nah, only kidding, it's actually not a bad drop, and you're not running the bog every two minutes like you are when you're on the beer!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #616: Nov 15, 2011 10:06:21 pm
      Just got over vomiting/crapping bug that mr rodders seems to have suffered from,bloody awful,woke up friday morning 2am legged it to the bog and just spewed and spewed until there was nowt left then the other end starts,jesus,its bleak.That carried on till 6ish then had to fit carpets all bleeding day,then collapsed in bed for 16hrs.100% fit today thank the lord.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #617: Nov 15, 2011 10:56:05 pm
      Cheers (not literally of course) Kate, Cas, Dave & Gowkecks. The thing is I like wine so it's really not too much of a chore to have to change from 1 source of alcomohol to another.

It's probably the best time anyway given the 50p a unit they'll be charging soon, wankers.

A lot of you know that I lost my Sister and Dad to cancer over the last couple of years and I was obviously worried what with all the rushing they were doing so to have to do something that's good for me is so much of a relief it's incredible.

Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth I'll be moving onwards and upwards. Yeah Baby! ;D

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #618: Nov 16, 2011 06:42:31 am
      Glad you got the all-clear, exiled  :gt-happyup:
      I can only drink wine when I've already had a skin fully of something else, can't stand the stuff. I suppose I'd probably feel the same as you in that situation though, small sacrifice.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #619: Nov 16, 2011 09:31:31 am
      Glad you got the all-clear, exiled  :gt-happyup:
      I can only drink wine when I've already had a skin fully of something else, can't stand the stuff. I suppose I'd probably feel the same as you in that situation though, small sacrifice.

Cheers Rep and exactly mate it's a tiny sacrifice really. I can still enjoy myself but he said the amount of chemicals in lager they fail to tell you about is amazing and my body has obviously had enough. I'm really very, very lucky.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #620: Nov 16, 2011 11:15:51 am
      Good news exile,well done mate on the all clear.

Quick Reply