Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Medical Thread

Read 67302 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The Medical Thread
      Reply #621: Nov 16, 2011 11:21:09 am
      Cheers Rep and exactly mate it's a tiny sacrifice really. I can still enjoy myself but he said the amount of chemicals in lager they fail to tell you about is amazing and my body has obviously had enough. I'm really very, very lucky.

Glad to hear you got the all clear.
      Change of lifestyle.
      I've been told that. To be honest, with the way my chest is feeling lately, I might have to give it serious consideration.
      Getting palpitations and a tight chest lately. Will have to visit the doc soon.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #622: Nov 16, 2011 08:19:53 pm
      Turns out I've got gastruc flu.  Just got to weather it, but anything more than water orsmall sips of Lucozade is causing my stomach to do somersaults.

Lucky it was an early warning Exiled.  I really have to do something about my lifestyle as well, my old man was only the 3rd man, in 3 generations of my family, to make it past 55. 
      LFCexiled
      Reply #623: Nov 16, 2011 09:24:33 pm
      Good news exile,well done mate on the all clear.

Cheers Shabadabadingdong ;)

Glad to hear you got the all clear.
      Change of lifestyle.
      I've been told that. To be honest, with the way my chest is feeling lately, I might have to give it serious consideration.
      Getting palpitations and a tight chest lately. Will have to visit the doc soon.

Just try and do what you think is best mate, I know 100% that I've been ignoring little noises and creaks my body's been making for a while now but touch wood I've been lucky to catch a break.

Turns out I've got gastruc flu.  Just got to weather it, but anything more than water orsmall sips of Lucozade is causing my stomach to do somersaults.

Lucky it was an early warning Exiled.  I really have to do something about my lifestyle as well, my old man was only the 3rd man, in 3 generations of my family, to make it past 55. 

Lucky break indeed Rodders. You may be similar to myself lifestyle wise and if you can hold your hand on your heart and say that you've burned the candle at both ends for waaay longer than should have been humanly possible you definitely are. If that's the case then only you can decide. Be nice for you to become number 4 in the family though no?

;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #624: Nov 16, 2011 09:51:19 pm
      Phew. Thank goodness everything is fine with you LFCexiled.

It's a small sacrifice anyway because health is the utmost of importance. Maybe now I know why I don't drink :laugh:

Anyways, got that crap out of my nose. FINALLY.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #625: Nov 16, 2011 11:10:52 pm
      It's a small sacrifice anyway because health is the utmost of importance. Maybe now I know why I don't drink :laugh:

Anyways, got that crap out of my nose. FINALLY.

A first reader of this thread would be forgiven for thinking you're a teetotal coke head. ;D
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #626: Jan 08, 2012 11:17:20 pm
      I have this killing headache that's splitting my head in two; make it stop :(.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #627: Jan 08, 2012 11:29:45 pm
      I have this killing headache that's splitting my head in two; make it stop :(.
      Are you dehydrated? Have you taken any analgesia?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #628: Jan 08, 2012 11:40:14 pm
      Are you dehydrated? Have you taken any analgesia?

I'm not dehydrated, drank quite a lot today.

I haven't taken anything, so I'll take something to help reduce the pain.

Cheer mate :clap:
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #629: Jan 08, 2012 11:49:58 pm
      I'm not dehydrated, drank quite a lot today.
      Alcohol doesn't count  ;)  :laugh:
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #630: Jan 10, 2012 11:58:20 am
      Been to the doctors today and I have got swollen glands around my throat :/
      boohamdan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #631: Jan 10, 2012 02:15:00 pm
      Could be anything really, do you have Throat infection or tonsillitis, any toothache?
      is it bilateral or one sided?
      don't be alarmed, most likely it'll be due to simple infection in the mouth area   ;)
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #632: May 04, 2012 02:59:42 pm
      The right side of my stomach is very tender, then while lying down the pain intensifies, a shooting pain comes form my stomach to my side and back. 

When I sit up or walk around for about 15 minutes the pain eases.

Been to the doctors, gave me tablets but they don't help. Suggestions please.....
      LFCexiled
      Reply #633: May 04, 2012 03:03:29 pm

Tell him to get off then, he's way overstepped the mark that Doctors should adhere to.

:f_tongueincheek:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #634: Jun 06, 2012 06:21:22 pm
      I've been getting a bit of earache on and off for about 6 weeks now (nothing to do with the missus). It's only mild so hasn't bothered my particularly but it's actually slightly sore to the touch. It comes and goes so it's easy to forget about.
      It's been back for a couple of days now and when I woke up this morning, I was almost deaf in that one ear. It doesn't seem to be clearing up.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #635: Jun 06, 2012 08:40:21 pm
      I've been getting a bit of earache on and off for about 6 weeks now (nothing to do with the missus). It's only mild so hasn't bothered my particularly but it's actually slightly sore to the touch. It comes and goes so it's easy to forget about.
      It's been back for a couple of days now and when I woke up this morning, I was almost deaf in that one ear. It doesn't seem to be clearing up.

I'd go to the doctors mate. Probably just an infection that is causing some swelling in the canal and they'll give you a presciption. Can't be too careful when it comes to your senses, i.e eyes, ears etc.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #636: Jun 06, 2012 08:41:49 pm
      I'd go to the doctors mate. Probably just an infection that is causing some swelling in the canal and they'll give you a presciption. Can't be too careful when it comes to your senses, i.e eyes, ears etc.

Called the doctors earlier and booked the first available appointment... Tuesday 19th!

If it gets any worse then I'll have to go to a walk-in centre again. It really is pointless registering with a surgery nowadays.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #637: Jun 06, 2012 08:46:11 pm
      The right side of my stomach is very tender, then while lying down the pain intensifies, a shooting pain comes form my stomach to my side and back. 

When I sit up or walk around for about 15 minutes the pain eases.

Been to the doctors, gave me tablets but they don't help. Suggestions please.....

Low down in your stomach...... appendicitis

Just under your ribs ...... Gall stones
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #638: Jun 06, 2012 08:54:06 pm
      Called the doctors earlier and booked the first available appointment... Tuesday 19th!

If it gets any worse then I'll have to go to a walk-in centre again. It really is pointless registering with a surgery nowadays.

Woah that's a long wait! You could go to a pharmacy and describe the situation, they might be able to recommend some over the counter ear drops?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #639: Jun 06, 2012 09:03:51 pm
      Woah that's a long wait! You could go to a pharmacy and describe the situation, they might be able to recommend some over the counter ear drops?

Always the same, mate, I generally end up going to the walk-in centre. Could try the pharmacy I suppose, I'd still want it checked out if it carries on much longer though. Don't mean to sound like a drama queen but until recently I was working with a lad who had similar symptoms and it turned out to be a tumor. Just makes you think.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #640: Jun 06, 2012 09:08:59 pm
      Always the same, mate, I generally end up going to the walk-in centre. Could try the pharmacy I suppose, I'd still want it checked out if it carries on much longer though. Don't mean to sound like a drama queen but until recently I was working with a lad who had similar symptoms and it turned out to be a tumor. Just makes you think.

Yea sounds like the best bet. Can understand your worry pal after hearing about the lad you worked with. All the best and let us know the diagnosis, not to sound like a drama queen too but you got me a touch worried for you mate, chances are its just an ear infection though.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #641: Jun 10, 2012 03:44:38 pm
      Went to the docs Friday, had a cough I just couldn't shake.  The first question she asks is do you have asthma, eczema or diabetes.  I answered yes, I  have eczema, which came back after 20 years for unknown reasons. 

I've now been given an inhaler!  For a skin disease!  For some reason, their is a link, although not a guaranteed one, as I have to keep track over 4 weeks for the doctor, but I must say, it's working at the moment.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #642: Jun 10, 2012 04:00:43 pm
      Went to the docs Friday, had a cough I just couldn't shake.  The first question she asks is do you have asthma, eczema or diabetes.  I answered yes, I  have eczema, which came back after 20 years for unknown reasons. 

I've now been given an inhaler!  For a skin disease!  For some reason, their is a link, although not a guaranteed one, as I have to keep track over 4 weeks for the doctor, but I must say, it's working at the moment.
      Every now and then if I feel a sore throat or just have a cough, I always use my grandads inhaler and it always works to relieve it. I used to have asthma when I was really young, had to use two different inhalers numerous times a day, it went as I got older though.

lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #643: Jun 13, 2012 09:01:10 pm
      I've gotta go to the hospital tomorrow to have a series of back injections. Thankfully, that'll be me done for a month or so. I'm just dreading it, and I'm scared.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012 09:16:18 pm by lfc_ynwa »

Quick Reply