Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Medical Thread

Read 67300 times
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Re: The Medical Thread
      Reply #644: Jun 13, 2012 11:11:41 pm
      I've gotta go to the hospital tomorrow to have a series of back injections. Thankfully, that'll be me done for a month or so. I'm just dreading it, and I'm scared.

I hope everything goes okay.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #645: Jun 13, 2012 11:38:13 pm
      Be thinking about you Tom, hope it all goes well for you  :hug:
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #646: Jun 14, 2012 01:22:21 am
      Cheers ladies :).

It hurts like hell, and bleeds badly.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #647: Jun 15, 2012 07:39:05 am
      My dad got taken to the hospital yesterday by the ambulance in the middle of the night.
      He is the reason i am a Liverpool fan. He was born and lived there for awhile. Hes only 48.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #648: Jun 19, 2012 08:42:10 am
      My dad got taken to the hospital yesterday by the ambulance in the middle of the night.
      He is the reason i am a Liverpool fan. He was born and lived there for awhile. Hes only 48.

Only just read this. How's your old man now?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #649: Nov 30, 2012 04:00:37 pm
      My 3 year old son Elias Suffered from Whooping cough when he was born,not very nice.

Three Babies Die In Whooping Cough Outbreak

Three Babies Die In Whooping Cough OutbreakThree babies die from the infectious disease in October, bringing the number of fatalities this year to 13.8:17am UK, Friday 30 November 2012 The number of whooping cough cases in England and Wales, 2002 - August 2012Year2002200320042005 200620072008200920102011 201201,6003,2004,8006,4008,000FusionChartsSource: Health Protection Agency

Graph: Rise In Whooping Cough Cases
      Enlarge EmailThree babies died of whooping cough in October amid the biggest outbreak in 20 years, health officials have said.

The total number of babies under the age of three months who have died as a result of the infectious disease this year now stands at 13, the Health Protection Agency (HPA) said.

The number of confirmed cases in England and Wales this year is now 7,728.

The HPA said 1,614 cases of whooping cough were reported in England and Wales in October. In 2011, the total number of cases was 819.

In a move to combat the outbreak, health officials recently announced that all pregnant women are to be vaccinated against the infection.

Chief Medical Officer Professor Dame Sally Davies, the Government's principal medical adviser, said mothers-to-be will be offered the vaccination to protect their newborn babies.

Health officials say all pregnant women should be vaccinated

Youngsters cannot receive the jab until they are two months old. Vaccinating their mothers before they are born will boost their immunity until they reach the age when they can have the injection themselves, she said.

Women across the UK who are between 28 and 38 weeks pregnant are being offered the vaccination.

Increases in whooping cough are usually seen every three to four years. The last rise in the number of confirmed cases was recorded in 2008.

Dr Gayatri Amirthalingam, consultant epidemiologist for immunisation at the HPA, said: "We strongly recommend all pregnant women take up the offer of vaccination."

In the very young, whooping cough can be a serious illness and can lead to death in some cases.

Babies and children can often make a distressing "whoop" sound while gasping for air after a coughing fit.

Professor David Salisbury, director of immunisation at the Department of Health, said: "Whooping cough is highly contagious and infants are particularly vulnerable."

He said there had been nearly 400 cases of the disease in children under three months old this year.

http://news.sky.com/story/1018671/three-babies-die-in-whooping-cough-outbreak
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #650: Nov 30, 2012 04:06:07 pm
      I had Whooping Cough when I was around 5, I don't think they routinely vaccinated against it back then. I don't remember a lot from that period if my lifebut I certainly remember having that! It's horrible, you just cough and cough until you're sick and every intake of breath brings on another cough so it's difficult to breathe at all. As you can imagine, sleeping and eating are near impossible so I'm not surprised infants can weaken and even die from it.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #651: Dec 07, 2012 11:39:09 am
      ive done my back in, been in agony since september. had pain killers, physio, nothing worked(due to  being on warfarin i cant  take anti inflammatries)finally went back to the docs on wednesday and shes referred me to the local sports centre across the road from the docs.since i got ill ive done no upper body exercise(nearly 3 years)and all the muscle/strength i used to  have is gone and she thinks thats the reason im in so  much pain as ive no muscle protecting me from the nerves touching.
      anyway its £60 for 3 months twice  weekly one hour sessions with one on one instruction. works out at  £2.50 an hour.not too bad and they will hopefully help me get  some muscle back and also sort my back out. also ive got a free one hours induction on monday morning. so looking forward to hopefully getting rid of this pain.

hope everyone suffering gets sorted soonest.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #652: Dec 12, 2012 07:38:53 pm
      I had a "heart attack" in June 09 and was helicoptered over to Liverpool Heart & Chest Hospital.
      After an hour in the MRI scanner it revealed Dilated Cardiomyopathy which had been brought on from an ongoing condition I have had for 16 yrs called Polymyositis..
      The consultants and doctors we're brilliant and explained to me that the best way forward would be to implant into my upper chest an ICD unit which would pace and defib my heart as and when needed..
      I spent an hour under a local in theatre and watched and listened in amazement as they surgically inserted the two leads into my main arteries around my heart, attached them to my new friend and programmed it to save my life as and when I needed it..
      I was allowed home after a couple of days and to this day, thankfully it hasn't shocked me back to life...yet !! ha ha..good job I didn't have it fitted whilst I was watching the Istanbul Final !! jeez !
      I was given a carelink monitor which I have at the side of the bed linked into the telephone line which "listens" to my ICD as I sleep and allows me to upload a reading every couple of months or whenever I'm feeling a bit unwell, give the team a call at LH&C and they can access the reading from the server in the clouds giving me advice should I need it..Truly amazing piece of technology..

So.....I have been following Fabrice Muamba'a journey with interest , however he was one lucky boy !!...

Anyone else on the LFC forum that has an ICD fitted?.. or maybe a family member?..
      MsGerrard
      Reply #653: Dec 12, 2012 08:44:32 pm
      All I can say is.....

Look after yourself 6stringer, and take care hun xxx

Quick Reply