Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

The weekend thread...

Read 233508 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: The weekend thread...
      Reply #138: Apr 23, 2007 04:29:32 pm
      redkenny, you beat me to the punch....was trying to find that exact same picture.....classic photo

Haha! :D Indeed a classic photo mate. I always know where it is on the comp, for the same reason as who Rafa is looking at  ;)

Hi All,   Spent Friday night at a sportsmans evening with David Johnson, excellent night
      lots of reminiscing about the championship winning days With Sir Bob, lots of food and even more beer, top night.  Then golf in the morning, the mighty reds winning in the afternoon, England showing a bit of backbone in the cricket for a change.  top top weekend.

The only down side was the total SNUB the BBC gave us on MOTD again!!

Play a smidgen of the game, hardly any commentary and NO discussion afterwards.  I know we aren't in the title race but its been like that now for the past 6 weeks.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but have they got a beef with us for some reason?

Anyway, can't wait for Wed, COME ON THE REDS!!

Have a good week.

DH

Alright DaveJ! Sounds like a good evening that mate. And a good weekend all round!

Not sure why MOTD are like that. If you've got Sky, watch Football First on Sky Sports1. An hour of highlights - much better than MOTD's less than 60 seconds for us. Although the pundit part isn't as good... Usually Warren Barton and last Saturday was Tim Sherwood... Need I say more....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #139: Apr 25, 2007 04:10:48 am
      Haha! :D Indeed a classic photo mate. I always know where it is on the comp, for the same reason as who Rafa is looking at  ;)

:damn:      too good redkenny...won't even attemot it nextime mate.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #140: Apr 25, 2007 11:07:12 am
      I have to go back to uni this weekend, got exams next Tuesday and Wednesday :( :(
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #141: Apr 27, 2007 07:39:01 pm
      I think its gym then the Asda tommorrow watch the blue S*ite on Sky then tune in to the Asian telly to watch the reds tonk Pompey then off out for a night on the lash.
      So has everyone else got a busy weekend or is it lounge around watching footy hoping you dont get collared to do housework walk the dog or attempt that DIY you've been putting off?
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2007 07:39:37 pm by Glenbuck »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #142: Apr 27, 2007 08:25:18 pm
      Busy one for me.... ;)
      Round to my mate's new flat tonight, to christen it... :food-smiley-005:

Tomorrow, get up hung over, have a bacon butty, go to Asda and get angry! Then might watch the blue s***e. After that, it's off to town for a few afternoon drinks in the hopefully, nice weather. And we won't be planning on going home early!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #143: Apr 27, 2007 10:53:17 pm
      Working all weekend  >:(
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #144: Apr 28, 2007 09:56:03 am
      Going down to Brighton again but this time for work.
      As it's a gay capital of Britain I have to be careful what I say.

I will be doing some humping and grinding on the job with my mate, he is quite fit so it should be fun.
      We have a wall to take down so there will be some furious thumping, sweating and, quite possibly, a lot of groaning.
      I am going to give him a hand to get this job done and I hope he gives me one too.
      It seems likely that we will both have to use our heads as well.
      Later in the job we have a big wire mesh fence to take down and this is when we have to start grinding, both of our tools will need to be turned on as this is the climax of the job. There's gonna be some sparks flying I guess!
      His wife will be there to ably assist with refreshments and my girlfriend will be coming too.
      When complete there will be access to the field at the end of the garden where people can come and go as they please!

Taking my radio to listen to the footy on 5 Live / Talksport.... COME ON YOU REDS...(!)
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #145: Apr 30, 2007 10:56:19 am
      Going down to Brighton again but this time for work.
      As it's a gay capital of Britain I have to be careful what I say.

I will be doing some humping and grinding on the job with my mate, he is quite fit so it should be fun.
      We have a wall to take down so there will be some furious thumping, sweating and, quite possibly, a lot of groaning.
      I am going to give him a hand to get this job done and I hope he gives me one too.
      It seems likely that we will both have to use our heads as well.
      Later in the job we have a big wire mesh fence to take down and this is when we have to start grinding, both of our tools will need to be turned on as this is the climax of the job. There's gonna be some sparks flying I guess!
      His wife will be there to ably assist with refreshments and my girlfriend will be coming too.
      When complete there will be access to the field at the end of the garden where people can come and go as they please!

Taking my radio to listen to the footy on 5 Live / Talksport.... COME ON YOU REDS...(!)

You be a Sick Puppy Red, Have a good one
      DH
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #146: Apr 30, 2007 11:13:31 am
      I travelled back to Plymouth yesterday, was so boring. But me and my sisters watched 'Garfield' in the car ;D

I watched hardly any footy this weekend, except for SSN to see Leeds get relegated (YESS) and Cardiff lose to blydi Hull  >:( Nevermind!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #147: May 06, 2007 08:37:54 pm
      How is everyone's weekend then? Anyone taking advantage of the day off tomorrow?

I'm shattered! Just got back from camping in Wales!! ;D Sleeping in a valley, on a hill is not good to get a proper nights sleep though. But it was a good laugh and the bbq and tinnies  :food-smiley-005: were in full flow yesterday! Thing is, I had to drive back and leave the rest there becuse I'm working tomorrow "BOOOO"
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #148: May 06, 2007 08:44:25 pm
      just got back from camping as well , had bbq and lots and lots of drinks too :) pretty hungover now, but it was worth it!
      there was actually a surf-worldcup but nobody went surfing cos there wasn`t any wind, so just visited some concerts and got drunk ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #149: May 06, 2007 09:00:08 pm
      just got back from camping as well , had bbq and lots and lots of drinks too :) pretty hungover now, but it was worth it!
      there was actually a surf-worldcup but nobody went surfing cos there wasn`t any wind, so just visited some concerts and got drunk ;)

Good stuff Lea! There wasn't any events by where we were, but there most certainly loads of wind!!!!!! Thought my tent was gonna end up at the top of a Mountain at one point!!!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #150: May 06, 2007 09:06:54 pm
      Kenny where in Wales were you? I'm guessing west or north ish?

Hmm.. I've just made 2 posts, both the top of their pages, hehe
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #151: May 06, 2007 09:14:17 pm
      Kenny where in Wales were you? I'm guessing west or north ish?

Hmm.. I've just made 2 posts, both the top of their pages, hehe

Spot on Nic! Just past Wrexham, place called Llangollen. That's north west'sh isn't it?
      Love going to Wales. Always have a laugh and one of my best friends is from there. Not far from Newport.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #152: May 07, 2007 10:04:40 am
      Ahh Llangollen. Well Wrexham is in North Wales, but I'm not exactly sure where Llangollen is. Have you non-welsh speaking people tried to say 'Llangollen' ? Hahaha imagining it now is making me laff :D
      I love going to Wales too, Plymouth is doing my head in ATM! Cardiff is the best though ;) But The Kop Shop in Newport did take me to Anfield.. :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #153: May 07, 2007 03:22:38 pm
      Ahh Llangollen. Well Wrexham is in North Wales, but I'm not exactly sure where Llangollen is. Have you non-welsh speaking people tried to say 'Llangollen' ? Hahaha imagining it now is making me laff :D
      I love going to Wales too, Plymouth is doing my head in ATM! Cardiff is the best though ;) But The Kop Shop in Newport did take me to Anfield.. :D

:D :D :D
      I can assure you now, I speak fluent Welsh.........well, after 8 pints of Stella  ;)
      Wouldn't it be said with a "chhhhhhlangollen"?

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #154: May 07, 2007 05:50:22 pm
      Hehe, no "ch" is a different sound to "ll" - lots of people make that mistake :)
      Welsh is my first language :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #155: May 07, 2007 09:39:48 pm
      Wales is a great country...family has a holiday home in Aberdovey (Aberdyfi) and went to Llangollen as a kid on a school trip...isn't there a hill with a ruined building on top? very vague I know as wales is stacked in history...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #156: May 07, 2007 11:52:49 pm
      Wales is a great country...family has a holiday home in Aberdovey (Aberdyfi) and went to Llangollen as a kid on a school trip...isn't there a hill with a ruined building on top? very vague I know as wales is stacked in history...

That's bizarre! I was camping on the hill that has that ruined building on the top of it! Spot on Lester! We were gonna walk up to it, but was too "delicate" to make the journey up, yesterday...
      We ended up going to a canal that bridges over the River Dee, 126 feet high!! There's a tiny pathway that runs along this man made canal. We walked across it. In very strong winds. If you're scared of heights, DO NOT DO THIS! When we got back to the pub after the walk. I was seriously having words to myself that walking up a big hill to a very old ruined building with a hangover, is probably better than walking next to a canal, on a tiny footpath, 126 foot in the air, above a river, with a hangover....
      Wales is indeed a great country in my opinion as well though. Love going there. Always have a good time.
      And we all know how good Cardiff is....

So that was my weekend events. Anybody else have a traumatic, but nice weekend?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #157: May 08, 2007 12:03:55 am
      Glad you had a great time there...I share your love of Wales....its funny whenever I can't sleep and naming every player for the 86 FA cup final doesn't help I recall memories of being in Wales as a kid....best times.....going crabbing at the pier, huge beaches and mythical legends...as a kid that was all you needed!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #158: May 08, 2007 12:14:59 am
      Oh yeah. That's all what you needed indeed mate. Good times!

Can you believe I actually met Timmy Mallet in castle Carnarvon filming Wacaday when I was a kid? How random is that!?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #159: May 08, 2007 12:27:42 am
      Timmy Mallet! was he wearing big glasses and carrying a 4 foot mallet or was he in disguise in jeans and a t-shirt
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #160: May 08, 2007 01:02:07 am
      Timmy Mallet! was he wearing big glasses and carrying a 4 foot mallet or was he in disguise in jeans and a t-shirt

Come on Lester. When did he ever film Wacaday in jeans and t-shirt?
      It was full on, mad glasses, big mallet, crazy cap, bermuda shorts, the works.
      In Carnarvon Castle though. Too random....

Quick Reply