Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

House of Girl Rock Band

Read 2929 times
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      House of Girl Rock Band
      Jun 21, 2009 02:35:13 am
      Really don't know what to name this thread. So just random out a name in my mind. Anyway, i have been really into girl bands recently. Not really all girls band. Just band with a leading female vocal. I have manage to find few good girl band. You can now find the likes of CSS(i don't know if you call them rock band or not, but for me, a band with a electric guitar is a rock band), Eyes Set To Kill, Flyleaf, Paramore and a really old school band called Within Temptation(I have no idea who they are, just got from someone. But its good) on my mp3. All them are awsome. I would like to expand my girl rock band list. So if you like or know any girl rock band, you are welcome to post the band's name here. And i would love to read about your thought on them, if you are not too lazy to type it out. ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Re: House of Girl Rock Band
      Reply #1: Jun 21, 2009 02:42:35 am
      Was it Fleetwood Mc who was led by Stevie Nicks? If so, listen to some of their stuff mate. Proper good band with a leading woman vocals.

Others I'd suggest are The Angels, The Shirelles or The Ronettes. Not sure if they'd be classed as rock, but still quality bands.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Jun 21, 2009 03:33:29 am
      Thanx DLS. Sound like some really old bands. I'll try to get some of them soon. And hope I'll enjoy it. Within Temptation is real classic! Just got it. And already falling in love with them. Get the two songs Running Up That Hill and Ice Queen if anyone likes girl vocal rock.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: Jun 21, 2009 08:46:10 am
      Within Temptation's European "Gothic" sound ain't for me Darkone - I prefer Kate Bush's original or even the Placebo version of "Running Up That Hill" tbh but if it's Rock your after.....

Bands fronted by girls ain't usually my thing but, as with everything, there are exceptions to the rule. My personal favourite would be Blondie (a fantastic band). Others, I can recommend: Spinnerette (s.t. debut album just out), Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Garbage, The Gossip, No Doubt, Texas, Sonic Youth, Cowboy Junkies, The Slits and, the lady that paved the way - Janis Joplin (Big Brother and the Holding Company)......here:

Janis Joplin - Piece Of My Heart (Live In Germany)
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2009 09:00:28 am by bad boy bubby »
      slimdogg
      • Forum John Barnes

• 407 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 21, 2009 09:11:57 am
      Alot of the bands fronted by girls I listen to have already been mentioned but here's a couple more The Pretenders and The Patti Smith Group
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #5: Jun 21, 2009 11:33:07 am
      Yeah Yeah Yeah's are great.

Also No Doubt.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Jun 21, 2009 01:00:48 pm
      Cool. Bad Boy guy. I know you are too gangster to listen to Within Temptation. :D But i like them. Dirk Kuyt must like them too! They are famous in dutch.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Jun 21, 2009 06:53:11 pm
      Bad boy bubby. Isn't Placebo a all male's band? Just saw their new video on mtv. But the leading vocal does look like a chick.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8: Jun 22, 2009 08:14:54 am
      Bad boy bubby. Isn't Placebo a all male's band? Just saw their new video on mtv. But the leading vocal does look like a chick.

Ha ha. Brian Molko is, indeed, a bloke. I was only stating that i preferred Placebo's version of "Running Up That Hill" to the Dutch Goth version.  ;D
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Jun 22, 2009 03:44:39 pm
      Oh. Just download Placebo's Running Up The Hill. Its... too quite.

Quick Reply