Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Setanta on the brink of collapse

Read 7172 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Setanta on the brink of collapse
      Reply #46: Jun 23, 2009 04:36:50 pm
      Setanta bye bye! (UK Only)
      Setanta goes into administration
      The Irish broadcaster Setanta Sports has gone into administration after failing to make a number of payments to sporting organisations.

The administrator Deloitte said that it would shortly cease broadcasting to customers in Great Britain but would continue to operate elsewhere.

They said they would immediately stop collecting subscription payments.

About 200 employees involved with the British operations will be made redundant, the firm said.

Setanta had a total of 420 employees in the UK and Ireland.

"This is a sad day for all concerned," said Sir Robin Miller, chairman of Setanta.

"Unfortunately, in a difficult and highly competitive market, and despite strenuous efforts by the board and management, it has not been possible to find sufficient additional funds in the time available to ensure its survival."

Setanta will continue to broadcast in Ireland.

Setanta International and Setanta Ireland have not entered administration.

Setanta Sports missed payments to both the English Premier League and the Scottish Premier League (SPL) in recent weeks, resulting in both organisations taking their respective broadcasting rights back.

On Monday, the US sports network ESPN bought the rights to show the 46 English Premier League games Setanta was due to show next season, as well as the 23 matches it was to broadcast in each of the following three seasons.

The SPL has said it is also looking for a new buyer for its domestic broadcasting rights.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #47: Jun 23, 2009 04:43:10 pm
      Does anybody know how this will affect the Lfc channel,as i get my free through having setanta with sky?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #48: Jun 23, 2009 05:17:46 pm
      They said they would immediately stop collecting subscription payments.

Excellent. Saves me a job.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #49: Jun 23, 2009 05:17:59 pm
      Does anybody know how this will affect the Lfc channel,as i get my free through having setanta with sky?

I would imagine it will be going off, no?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #50: Jun 23, 2009 07:19:53 pm
      I would imagine it will be going off, no?

LFC STATEMENT REGARDING LFC TV
      Liverpool Football Club have issued the following statement regarding the future of the official club TV channel, LFC TV.
      "LFC TV is currently broadcasting as normal and will continue to do so until further notice. However, following the announcement that Setanta GB is no longer trading, there may be some disruption to our service for UK television viewers.

"We're continuing to monitor developments but wish to point out that our online and international viewers should remain unaffected and that Liverpool Football Club remains committed to the future of LFC TV."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164872090623-1841.htm
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #51: Jun 23, 2009 08:26:56 pm
      Out of interest, will ESPN open their channels for Virgin customers? Otherwise I will be watching no live football this year in the house- except for a couple of European games on ITV!!!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #52: Jun 23, 2009 08:30:05 pm
      Just seen, it's the England games too. Come on BBC FFS.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #53: Jun 24, 2009 03:21:33 pm
      lfcs offical statement really doesnt say much does it?so if i cancel my dd,will lfc still be broadcasting?even though setanta is blacked out?exceot the irish channel!!!

Quick Reply