Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Rick Parrys New Job

Read 4240 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Rick Parrys New Job
      Jun 24, 2009 05:30:03 pm
      Parry given betting integrity job (BBC News)
      Outgoing Liverpool Football Club chief executive Rick Parry has been appointed to chair an expert panel on sports betting integrity.
      The panel will comprise representatives from the industry; police, players, fans, governing bodies, the legal profession and the Gambling Commission.
      They will be asked to ensure current rules are sufficient and how to identify suspicious betting patterns.
      A clear set of recommendations have been requested within six months.
      Another aspect in the panel's work will be the education of sports men and women on the issue of sports betting corruption, and improving communication between the relevant parties involved in tackling it.
      "I am delighted that Rick Parry has agreed to lead this vitally important work," said sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe.
      "His expertise in the nation's most high profile sport, along with that of the other panel members, will give this project the impetus it needs to tackle sports betting corruption head-on.
      "We cannot be complacent and need to act now to prevent this becoming a real threat to the integrity of sport.
      "There are some complex issues involved and this is by no means an easy task, but I have great confidence in the panel and I look forward to hearing the recommendations."
      Parry, who is leaving Anfield this summer after 12 years at Liverpool, added: "Integrity and sport must go hand-in-hand and anything that threatens that bond of trust has to be stamped out.
      "I am confident that we can build on the work already done to ensure we have the toughest possible approach to corruption - protecting and preserving the reputation of sport."
      The panel also includes Nic Coward, chief executive of the British Horseracing Authority, Darren Bailey, FA director of football governance and regulation, and Mark Davies, managing director of Betfair.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/8116904.stm

sh*t, when I drop a buttered slice of bread it usually drops on the buttered side.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: Rick Parrys New Job
      Reply #1: Jun 24, 2009 05:40:35 pm
      Parry given betting integrity job (BBC News)
      Outgoing Liverpool Football Club chief executive Rick Parry has been appointed to chair an expert panel on sports betting integrity.
      The panel will comprise representatives from the industry; police, players, fans, governing bodies, the legal profession and the Gambling Commission.
      They will be asked to ensure current rules are sufficient and how to identify suspicious betting patterns.
      A clear set of recommendations have been requested within six months.
      Another aspect in the panel's work will be the education of sports men and women on the issue of sports betting corruption, and improving communication between the relevant parties involved in tackling it.
      "I am delighted that Rick Parry has agreed to lead this vitally important work," said sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe.
      "His expertise in the nation's most high profile sport, along with that of the other panel members, will give this project the impetus it needs to tackle sports betting corruption head-on.
      "We cannot be complacent and need to act now to prevent this becoming a real threat to the integrity of sport.
      "There are some complex issues involved and this is by no means an easy task, but I have great confidence in the panel and I look forward to hearing the recommendations."
      Parry, who is leaving Anfield this summer after 12 years at Liverpool, added: "Integrity and sport must go hand-in-hand and anything that threatens that bond of trust has to be stamped out.
      "I am confident that we can build on the work already done to ensure we have the toughest possible approach to corruption - protecting and preserving the reputation of sport."
      The panel also includes Nic Coward, chief executive of the British Horseracing Authority, Darren Bailey, FA director of football governance and regulation, and Mark Davies, managing director of Betfair.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/8116904.stm

sh*t, when I drop a buttered slice of bread it usually drops on the buttered side.

So I take it he won't be playing the numbers game?

And have you seen his new office?

redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #2: Jun 24, 2009 05:43:52 pm
      I don't know how he got his job. Everyone knows how sh*te he was when he was in charge of us - that's its beyond belief if he even got a job as a rubbish collector.

And to think he got this job? What has the world gone to? ::)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jun 24, 2009 07:10:36 pm
      Integrity and sport must go hand in hand eh, Rick? Where was the integrity when you and Moores brought the yanks in for an extra few squid?

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #4: Jun 24, 2009 07:18:05 pm
      Seen his new PA?

johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #5: Jun 25, 2009 09:20:43 pm
      I didnt know David Moores was a Tranny.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Jun 29, 2009 09:26:04 am
      I don't know how he got his job. Everyone knows how sh*te he was when he was in charge of us - that's its beyond belief if he even got a job as a rubbish collector.

And to think he got this job? What has the world gone to? ::)
      I do not know how he got the job but one thing is for sure he did not get a reference of RAFA and the Anfield faithful.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Jun 29, 2009 09:38:06 pm
      I do not know how he got the job but one thing is for sure he did not get a reference of RAFA and the Anfield faithful.

I'm sure Rafa did give him a reference, but no one read it.

Quick Reply