Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

EPL Coverage in the USA

Read 9255 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      EPL Coverage in the USA
      Jun 24, 2009 09:34:44 pm
      Im going to be living in the USA for at least the next year, and i was wondering if anyone can give me any information on the EPL coverage over here? What are the channels or packages available that will give me best access to Liverpool games? Back in Australia i was able to see every game of the season on my cable but i doubt thats the case here right?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: EPL Coverage in the USA
      Reply #1: Jun 24, 2009 09:36:03 pm
      Well ESPN have just taken over Premier League games haven't they, so there's your answer.

Also I think it may be channels like Fox Sports.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: Jun 24, 2009 09:40:10 pm
      Well ESPN have just taken over Premier League games haven't they, so there's your answer.

Also I think it may be channels like Fox Sports.

Yah, but thats only a select amount of games right? Yeah i want something like fox sports back in Australia that has all games every weekend, that would be great :) loved sitting down and having every match available. Thanks though!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Jun 24, 2009 09:41:43 pm
      That's extremely lucky to be able to watch every single match. Actually that's brilliant.

Wish that was the case here in England. To be honest I'm not sure if USA television will match that!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #4: Jun 24, 2009 09:42:28 pm
      I've quite often watched internet streams of the games online and one of them was off a TV station called Fox Soccer Network which is american so you should be able to get quite a few games on there.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: Jun 24, 2009 09:46:24 pm
      Alright cheers Dmasta ill look into it :)

Yeah, Australia has brilliant EPL coverage. I didnt mind paying a little bit of cash every month to watch every Reds game of the season, i basically planned my year around it :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Jun 24, 2009 09:48:38 pm
      Alright cheers Dmasta ill look into it :)

Yeah, Australia has brilliant EPL coverage. I didnt mind paying a little bit of cash every month to watch every Reds game of the season, i basically planned my year around it :D
      Cant afford foxtel unfortunately and wouldn't pay the extra it costs on the sports package each month on principal. But I still get 95% of games online. ;D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #7: Jun 24, 2009 09:54:51 pm
      Fox Sports in Australia is better than the dogs bollocks.  When I was there they showed the 12:45, 3.00 and 5:30 kick offs on a Saturday(Sunday morning for them) and the Sunday matches too.  Not to mention pretty much every international cricket test(the Aussie tests were on their terrestrial TV), Cricket World Cup(twenty20 and 50 overs).  Think its fair to say I didn't get much sleep when I was there.

In answer to EPL coverage in America, I haven't the foggiest. :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: Jun 24, 2009 09:56:03 pm
      I probably would have done the same, except we had sh*te internet in the country so Foxtel it was, and i enjoyed spending the entire Saturday night/Sunday morning on the lounge with a bottle of Scotch and a bag of chips and watching the Football until the sun came up :D
      Internet is alot faster in the States from what ive seen so far, so online might be the best way to go
      lfcinpa
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 25, 2009 12:47:25 am
      BigvYNWA,

Here in the states there are precious few options available.  Most cable companies will offer Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) as part of regular cable or sometimes the first sports tier.  FSC will usually show the Saturday 3 pm (10 am east coast), the Saturday 5:30 PM (12:30 PM east coast), and then the Sunday 4 PM.  So you'll almost always be able to get those three games every week.  Setenta used to have every other game (I think), but they're gone now, so who knows what ESPN will provide.  Setenta was a little more expensive and was only available with satellite TV.  I'm not sure what packages the bars and pubs use, but the football bars will usually have any game you want to watch (at least here in NYC).  Otherwise, I usually stream games.  Hope this helps!

Im going to be living in the USA for at least the next year, and I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on the EPL coverage over here? What are the channels or packages available that will give me best access to Liverpool games? Back in Australia I was able to see every game of the season on my cable but I doubt thats the case here right?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #10: Jun 25, 2009 01:32:47 am
      Hey there.
      I live in Los Angeles and get my satelite service through Dish Network. As previously stated we have Fox Soccer Channel, ESPN and Setanta. The setanta feed is through ireland so the collaspe this week of setanta UK won't affect the supply of epl games on the channel in the usa.
      Every game gets shown on these networks.
      I actually think I get more access and opportunities to watch games than when I was back home in england. 
      So don't worry, you will see every liverpool game live on the box
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #11: Jun 25, 2009 01:33:30 am
      Where are u moving to?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #12: Jun 25, 2009 02:26:26 am
      Im going to be living in the USA for at least the next year, and I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on the EPL coverage over here? What are the channels or packages available that will give me best access to Liverpool games? Back in Australia I was able to see every game of the season on my cable but I doubt thats the case here right?
      On regular TV. None.  Sorry.  Fox Sports will show the Replays 2-3 days after the Match. They do show Champions League Live but only the Quarterfinals and Final. However, now that ESPN bought the broadcast rights that might change and you may be able to get it through your cable provider.

If ESPN does not have a specific package you will need to get a Dish and then sign up for the "Football Package" which is awesome, You get every Premier Match and Coca-Cola Matches, Championship, Champions League and I think it may Include the other leagues Serie A, Bundesliga etc, But I am not 100% sure.

It sucks being a fan of Liverpool and I live in the only country in the f***in world that doesnt follow English football. You will have some other options. You can go to any number of local sports bars. You will need to do some research and find a pub which shows the matches.  The main issue in going to a Pub is the time difference.  If their is an early kickoff, the Pub might not even be open... I live in Atlanta, and luckily, their is a huge EPL pub in Atlanta which has Breakfast and Football.  The pub opens at 6-7 am depending on kick-off.  It is early, but the food is good and the people their are Real fans. In the US if you go watch a match at 6am then your considered a real fan. Plus the other people their are the same and you meet some cool people.

If you go to a US pub on Saturday or Sundays you may not see the EPL matches.  In the US Saturday and Sunday are "American Football" days.  Saturday will be mostly College Football and Sundays and Monday Night are NFL, our Pro Football. If Interested you might like American Football..I love both. I love Liverpool and I love the Sport everything about the English Game. I also love American Football and followed the Cleveland Browns since I was 1.

I make room for both and If your planning on living here you should watch it. I know the argument, "Its Boring", "too slow" etc,etc,.. Its not the highest grossing sports league in the world because it sucks..Their is no argument in trying to compare the sports. Its pointless, they are 2 totally different sports. You might need a little time to understand the game, but it is awesome and well worth following.

If your moving to Atlanta your in luck, and I can steer you to the right place. Boston has a huge LFC fan base and they have a LFC Pub.  They get old players to come a sign autographs and talk and watch the matches. Pretty Cool...Anywhere else you need to do a little work. Drop me a line If you need any help or have questions and I'll try and hook you up.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #13: Jun 25, 2009 02:37:47 am
      I forgot one other option...Which Is the option I use if I cant make the Pub...Online.  I stream about half of the matches.  Depending on which site I am on. I currently have a good router and my Internet is fast enough to stream movies and matches.  I have a wireless N card in my laptop and have a N router which is B,G and N.  Sometimes I have buffering Issues.  The only time I had real problems were the Everton/Liverpool matches.  Due to the match and traffic on the site. If you want the links let me know and I'll send them to you.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #14: Jun 25, 2009 02:40:04 am
      Im gonna be in Eugene OR from september onwards, but before then moving around California visiting people with my girlfriend. I was wondering what the go was with Setanta, but good to hear we will still have it here. What is the ballpark cost of having the channels you need?
      I do like american football too, ive been following the Patriots for the past few years and finally have worked out most of the rules :P coming from Australia its completely foreign to us!! Ice hockey i enjoy too, probably my favourite of American sports.
      When you say every premier league match you mean Liverpool shown every week? Because ideally thats what i want, as i had that in Australia.
      Hopefully ill have a bar in Oregan sympathetic to EPL, nothing beats a beer at the bar while the games on!
      Oh and yes if i need a link ill give ya a shout, thanks heaps mate.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: Jun 25, 2009 02:43:18 am
      Also, does Setanta US show LFC TV? I have a subscription on the computer anyways, but i still enjoy sitting on the lounge more :P
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #16: Jun 25, 2009 03:19:37 am
      No, setanta doesn't have LFC tv...it has chavs and manure tv. But for about $15 a month for setanta plus fox soccer channel as part of the fox sports package you get all the games. I spend about $50 a month in total for my dish network subscription.
      Oregan is a beautiful place. In fact the entire west coast is awesome.
      Here in LA, the best footie pubs are The Fox and Hounds (my local) and The Kings Head and The Cock and Bull.
      There are loads of us expats out here so all those places feel as close as u r going to get to a british pub amosphere.
      Look me up when u get here!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #17: Jun 25, 2009 03:27:35 am
      Yeah just like Setanta in Australia didnt have it. Oh well good thing i got it for a year on my computer anyways.

Im hoping we'll be in LA around opening weekend of the season so ill make sure to look up where the actions at and let ya know. Thanks heaps for the help with the TV stuff too :)
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #18: Jun 25, 2009 03:38:50 am
      If you go with the Satellite package you would get the whole Premier League. Every match and every team. So on any given Saturday you could watch a dozen matches.  There are 2 main Sat. Providers Dish Network and Direct TV.  Direct TV is the best for sports. They have it all. They have a Setanta Package which has everything. EPL,SPL,Gaelic Football,Rugby...Go to www.directtv.com and go to the Sports page. It will list all the packages.  The Setanta package is AWESOME!!! But now that they lost the EPL contract to ESPN, I dont know If they are going to continue that specific package.. I would call or email Direct TV and ask..

I do not know if you can get LFC TV..They do have Chelsea TV and MUTV in the Setanta package on Direct TV. If it is not included in the Premier League Package on Satellite, I doubt it is available. It is probably a regional broadcast and not available in the US. I think you can watch it online for $80.00 US.

Oregon is beautiful...If you like wide open sky, Mountains and nature then you will love Oregon. The weather is comparable to the UK. It gets a lot of rain and snow. Its an area called the Pacific Northwest. Lush forests, miles and miles of trails,hiking,climbing. Mountain Biking,kayaking,skiing, trout and salmon fishing.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #19: Jun 25, 2009 05:14:22 am
      Alrighty cheers for the link ill have a look. Glad to hear i should be able to see every game though :D Im going to be studying on Oregon so itll make the year a lot easier being able to watch the Reds :D
      I have got LFC TV on my laptop but in seasons gone by they have never shown the match live, only a commentary (which is still good, but pictures are still much better)
      I love wide open spaces and all that kind of thing :) Im from a farm back in Australia so ive grown up with wide open spaces. And yeah my girlfriend showed me pictures of the snow over christmas last year so cant wait for that! Im used to summer christmas so itll be a big change. And my girlfriends dad where we are going to be living brews his own beer so thatll be handy :D
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 25, 2009 07:11:12 am
      I think thats where we in South Africa are lucky.We got a package called DSTV.You pay 450 rand a month which is about 30 pounds or so for it and you get something like 120 channels,20 of those channels are just sport.All the EPL,CL and various other football leagues are shown live.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #21: Jun 25, 2009 07:15:37 am
      I think thats where we in South Africa are lucky.We got a package called DSTV.You pay 450 rand a month which is about 30 pounds or so for it and you get something like 120 channels,20 of those channels are just sport.All the EPL,CL and various other football leagues are shown live.

Same in Australia where im from originally mate, i didnt miss a game with my package last season. Why cant there just be a channel dedicated to premier league!
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #22: Jun 25, 2009 07:24:01 am
      Same in Australia where im from originally mate, I didnt miss a game with my package last season. Why cant there just be a channel dedicated to premier league!
      There should be mate,its the greatest sport in the world.Even if there is no games on they could show previews or have a talk show or something like that.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23: Jun 25, 2009 07:30:51 am
      There should be mate,its the greatest sport in the world.Even if there is no games on they could show previews or have a talk show or something like that.
      Replays of matches as well, classic matches, player specials.. theres so much they could do!

Quick Reply