Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Glen Johnson (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 360627 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Glen Johnson Player Thread
      Reply #2553: Apr 14, 2014 09:54:24 pm
      Though he was dodgy in the second half.

I like Johnson and on his day he's excellent, but he has too many brain farts and I still miss a player of Steve Finnan's reliability in that position.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2554: Apr 19, 2014 03:49:43 pm
      Think we offer him a one year extension but on less money and buy Mica Richards to push him for a place. I dont think he will sign as I suspect he wants to try and get one last big money move abroad before he calls it a day. Think he's got 2-3 seasons left in him MAX xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2555: Apr 20, 2014 02:14:11 pm
      Shocking game!
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2556: Apr 20, 2014 03:00:10 pm
      1 decent game in 10 isn't cutting the mustard for me anymore, especially when he's taking home close to a £100,000 a week.

Seriously hope it's one of the positions we look at in the Summer. Becoming more and more of a liability.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2557: Apr 20, 2014 03:17:42 pm
      I don't like to bag players especially after a win but this guy is an absolute liability. Right back seriously needs to be addressed in the summer.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2558: Apr 20, 2014 03:26:14 pm
      Glen is a very skilful player with a first touch to rival most and great strength.
      Unfortunately he seems to be pretty slow mentally so is unable to play one-touch. You only have to look how long it takes him to take a throw-in, you've got time to make a brew while he decides where to chuck it.
      I DO think he's a decent player but I'm not convinced he's right for this team.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2559: Apr 20, 2014 03:55:07 pm
      Glen is a very skilful player with a first touch to rival most and great strength.
      Unfortunately he seems to be pretty slow mentally so is unable to play one-touch. You only have to look how long it takes him to take a throw-in, you've got time to make a brew while he decides where to chuck it.
      I DO think he's a decent player but I'm not convinced he's right for this team.
      He needs some brain food or a few gallons of Red Bull .

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2560: Apr 20, 2014 03:58:18 pm
      Though he was dodgy in the second half.

I like Johnson and on his day he's excellent, but he has too many brain farts and I still miss a player of Steve Finnan's reliability in that position.
      Totally agreed , Finnan was solid and if Enrique comes back fully fit maybe flanagan could fill that right back like finnan did .

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6737 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2561: Apr 20, 2014 09:53:20 pm
      I don't like to bag players especially after a win but this guy is an absolute liability. Right back seriously needs to be addressed in the summer.

Spot on, didn't want to say a bad word about any lad last night as we did what we needed to and got the 3 points, but Glen what sh*t all game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2562: Apr 20, 2014 10:34:40 pm
      Another of those games where he needed a rocket putting firmly up his arse.

Too casual.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2563: Apr 20, 2014 11:00:34 pm
      I'm fed up of his inconsistency, can't have it at a club of our aspirations. Parting of the ways in the summer I think
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2564: Apr 20, 2014 11:03:59 pm
      Not one for criticising players but he was an absolute liability today. He kept giving it away and not working hard enough to get back in to position. I understand that with Sturridge and Hendo not being involved, maybe less options to find in forward positions but he was a little careless at times. If he plays in the remainder of games, which is likely to be the case, he needs to switch on and do nothing stupid.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #2565: May 05, 2014 10:14:52 pm
      Well...

I mean...

what?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2566: May 05, 2014 10:26:38 pm
      Faultless second half. Piss poor second half, think the Chuckle Brothers would have had more a better chance than him and Lucas.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #2567: May 05, 2014 10:38:07 pm
      Both were absolutely embarrassing as senior players in the team.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2568: May 05, 2014 10:42:13 pm

'Elllloooooooooooooooooo!'
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2569: May 05, 2014 10:42:31 pm
      To be fair to Lucas he seemed like he was giving it his best shot. Glen on the other hand was lazy and sh*t in attack and defence. Between the two of them they fu**ed it right up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #2570: May 05, 2014 10:44:03 pm
      Can't believe the rumours suggest we're about to hand this lad a new contract.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2571: May 05, 2014 11:02:09 pm
      Thought for a long time tonight that it was one of his best performances for us this season. Can only think he was completely knackered because some of that defending at the end was poor if you were looking to be complimentary.

New full/wing-backs is a high priority in the summer I hope for at the bare minimum some proper competition because the lads in that side couldn't have bad games because there was simply nobody else to come in and do their job and that has been a problem for a long time and why so many have harped on about our poor transfers.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2572: May 05, 2014 11:08:59 pm
      Thought for a long time tonight that it was one of his best performances for us this season. Can only think he was completely knackered because some of that defending at the end was poor if you were looking to be complimentary.

New full/wing-backs is a high priority in the summer I hope for at the bare minimum some proper competition because the lads in that side couldn't have bad games because there was simply nobody else to come in and do their job and that has been a problem for a long time and why so many have harped on about our poor transfers.

Beat me to that Luke - he was arguably our biggest threat first half and has been a big asset since he came back.

Goals were poor but he wasn't only one at fault.

Tonight has gone and BR will review in summer.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2573: May 06, 2014 02:26:40 am
      Threat?

He F***ing kept turning around to pass the ball backwards, or ignored overlapping runs to cut inside to dead ends!

And it takes him 30 seconds to throw the ball in. What in the F**k is wrong with this lad? It seems like him getting an injury every two months is the only way he performs. He always returns to the team brilliant, full of energy and electric. Then after a month he's back to being a shitbag.

On his day - quality. But so many players in the Premier League are quality. It's consistency that separates a good player from a great player. When he performs for 1/4 of the season it's not good enough. He is so frustrating because you know he has the ability but why doesn't he show it more? FFS.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #2574: May 06, 2014 05:59:00 am
      Heard he called out LFC supporters on twitter after the match? Anyone see it?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2575: May 06, 2014 06:00:28 am
      Heard he called out LFC supporters on twitter after the match? Anyone see it?

Really hope not.

As for the game, he was good and as said above has been since he's come back into the team.

Quick Reply