Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Glen Johnson (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 358598 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Glen Johnson Player Thread
      Reply #2070: Feb 12, 2013 12:08:52 am
      completely out of sorts tonight he was . He wasn't his usual but it's no reason for him to lose his place to Wisdom .
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2071: Feb 12, 2013 12:09:44 am
      Woeful does not cover it. I normally love him as a player but after that showing Wisdom should get a chance next week.

Give me a F***ing break.

Johnson has been our second biggest attacking threat this season after Suarez.  He was woeful tonight, but he's a massive threat the other 99% of the season.  And you want to drop him for Wisdom?  FFS.

Some bizarre Alice in Wonderland stuff going on here tonight.  Borini came on and, as usual, was awful--so he should have started.  Johnson has been outstanding the entire season, and he had one bad game--he needs to be benched.

Huh?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2072: Feb 12, 2013 02:03:52 am
      Give me a f**king break.

Johnson has been our second biggest attacking threat this season after Suarez.  He was woeful tonight, but he's a massive threat the other 99% of the season.  And you want to drop him for Wisdom?  FFS.

Some bizarre Alice in Wonderland stuff going on here tonight.  Borini came on and, as usual, was awful--so he should have started.  Johnson has been outstanding the entire season, and he had one bad game--he needs to be benched.

Huh?

I totally agree with you regarding Johnson, it's ridiculous to suggest he should be benched based on one bad game, but... seriously, do you really need to mention Borini in every single thread? :lmao:

Do you think of him when you're f***in your girlfriend (or boyfriend)? (or wife, etc, assuming you have one).

You're totally obsessed mate.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2073: Feb 12, 2013 02:27:06 am
      I totally agree with you regarding Johnson, it's ridiculous to suggest he should be benched based on one bad game, but... seriously, do you really need to mention Borini in every single thread? :lmao:

Do you think of him when you're f***in your girlfriend (or boyfriend)? (or wife, etc, assuming you have one).

You're totally obsessed mate.

;D

I'm obsessed with getting rid of players who aren't good enough...

But seriously, you should go take a scroll through the match thread and some of the other player threads.

Borini and Sterling etc were poor tonight, along with many others.  And yet some people are saying they need to play MORE!

And this bloke up above says Johnson needs to be benched, for WISDOM!

So, to get this straight--

If you play awful game after game after game, you need to play more.

If you play fantastically game after game after game, then have one bad game, you need to be benched.

Mind-boggling.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2074: Feb 12, 2013 02:31:25 am
      I agree mate. And by the way, speaking of Wisdom, while I do like the lad, I think he's actually not ready to be playing every week. He still shows signs of lack of experience, exitant decision making, that kind of stuff. Technically and offensively speaking, he's not on the same league as Johnson either.

But you get a bit annoying the way you talk about Borini all the time...

People complain about my... er... "problems" with Downing, and I don't half talk about him as much as you do about Borini :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2075: Feb 12, 2013 07:31:22 am
      Bad game last night.
      I'd play him on the left though.

Enrique wasn't great either.
      Maybe Wisdom makes us more solid at the back.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #2076: Feb 12, 2013 08:10:50 am
      I didn't think Johnson was THAT bad, he did ok going forward getting some shots in and just average in defense. I thought Agger had a worse game than him, so did Shelvey
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2077: Feb 12, 2013 12:02:02 pm
      Glen will come good. Everyone has a stinker. And even playing poorly he still looked better than Enrique did last night.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2078: Feb 12, 2013 12:29:42 pm
      I didn't think Johnson was THAT bad, he did ok going forward getting some shots in and just average in defense. I thought Agger had a worse game than him, so did Shelvey

The point was the peformance was well below what we're expecting, especially this season, going forward. Apart from the early shot that ended up with Shelvey being called offside, I don't remember Glen getting past his man or putting in a particularly good ball. He wasn't even that bad defensively he just wasn't up to standards going forward.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2079: Feb 12, 2013 12:34:58 pm
      I think Glen is an awesome player but if you really think he wasn't that bad last night you weren't really paying attention. He lost the ball so many times the stats guys would of lost count. Attack after attack broke down with Glen's poor play, by the end of the game I was questioning was everything all right with his personal life because it was so out of character for him to be that poor offensively.

Thankfully Glen has bought plenty of credit with outstanding performances this season so he's entitled to have a bad day at the office. Someone like Shelvey deserves every bit of criticism thrown at him though, big chance thrown away for the lad and he'll regret such a shocking performance, as much in attitude as application, don't think he'll be seen in the premier league again this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2080: Feb 12, 2013 02:07:06 pm
      The thing with Glen last night seemed to be indecisiveness. He got by his man, made some nice runs in support into the box but seemed to hesitate once he got there, not sure whether to shoot, pass, dribble, etc....

And he really couldn't beat his man last night once the defender got in front of him, although not too many of our guys could.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #2081: Feb 12, 2013 02:15:17 pm
      I think Glen is an awesome player but if you really think he wasn't that bad last night you weren't really paying attention. He lost the ball so many times the stats guys would of lost count. Attack after attack broke down with Glen's poor play, by the end of the game I was questioning was everything all right with his personal life because it was so out of character for him to be that poor offensively.

Thankfully Glen has bought plenty of credit with outstanding performances this season so he's entitled to have a bad day at the office. Someone like Shelvey deserves every bit of criticism thrown at him though, big chance thrown away for the lad and he'll regret such a shocking performance, as much in attitude as application, don't think he'll be seen in the premier league again this season.

Like I said, he wasn't up to his own standards, but to say he had a stinker is being a bit harsh. He did ok going forward, had a few crosses in and got a shot blocked by the keeper. He was pretty average all in all
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #2082: Feb 12, 2013 02:15:49 pm
      The point was the peformance was well below what we're expecting, especially this season, going forward. Apart from the early shot that ended up with Shelvey being called offside, I don't remember Glen getting past his man or putting in a particularly good ball. He wasn't even that bad defensively he just wasn't up to standards going forward.

I agree mate, not to his standard he could do so much better
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #2083: Feb 12, 2013 03:30:45 pm
      Agree he was dire last night but to drop him for one bad performance is lunacy.

Still one of the players of the season for me and he wasn't at fault for any of the goals. He has set such a high benchmark that the occasional blip is inevitable.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2084: Feb 12, 2013 07:09:40 pm
      Agree he was dire last night but to drop him for one bad performance is lunacy.

Still one of the players of the season for me and he wasn't at fault for any of the goals. He has set such a high benchmark that the occasional blip is inevitable.

Agree.

He has been excellent all season but just so happens his worst game was when half the team didn't turn up as well and we got beat.

Still one of our players of the season so far.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2085: Feb 12, 2013 08:06:03 pm

Agree.

He has been excellent all season but just so happens his worst game was when half the team didn't turn up as well and we got beat.

Still one of our players of the season so far.

Wonder if he was tired from the England game.  Who knows.  But he's a huge threat when he's on his game, and it's contagious; it seems like it works the other way around, too, when he's off, it throws everything out of whack.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2086: Feb 12, 2013 08:07:31 pm

Wonder if he was tired from the England game.  Who knows.  But he's a huge threat when he's on his game, and it's contagious; it seems like it works the other way around, too, when he's off, it throws everything out of whack.

That's because he's like a playmaker from RB. Such a quality all around player, just had a mare last night.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2087: Feb 13, 2013 01:28:14 am
      Woeful does not cover it. I normally love him as a player but after that showing Wisdom should get a chance next week.

Get a grip fella! One bad performance (which a majority of the team had for that matter) should not mean he gets dropped, especially for a youngster who has looked out of sorts lately when he has played. If that is the case then 4-5 should mean somebody gets sold - bye bye Agger if that is the case then eh?! F***ing hate posts like yours! In terms of consistency Johnson is easy our second best player this season behind Suarez, Gerrard has only been in consistent form for around 3 months.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2088: Feb 13, 2013 04:33:48 pm
      One bad performance doesn't make a player a bad one. They often say how a player is managed after these kind of games will determine how he performs in latter games. In my opinion, if I was the manager, I would leave Johno in. He will know himself that he didn't play well and he is experienced enough to overcome it. It is funny how as soon as a player has a bad game, people come on here calling for his head. Lets not forget that he wasn't the only player who played badly.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2089: Feb 14, 2013 03:21:41 am
      Glen does this from time to time I have noticed and it usually comes off the back of a string of good performances. IMO he loses some intensity in his game and becomes to casual for his own good. I've commented on it a few times but he seems to believe his own hype at times and needs a bad game to kick him back into gear. Far to many step overs and other soft play in his game against West Brom but I expect him to bounce back right away.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #2090: Feb 14, 2013 09:53:02 am
      Glen Johnson is one of the best attacking right back in football. His defending is not. However, Johnson reminds me of a certain Roberto Carlos. Carlos can't defend well too but was covered by some of the best players in the world while at Madrid. That's the difference.
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2013 12:36:22 pm by Bpatel »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2091: Feb 18, 2013 12:12:20 am
      Much more like it today although still not quite as dynamic as he has been this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2092: Mar 02, 2013 10:59:31 pm
      The run today for our 4th was a joy to watch.

Quick Reply