Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Glen Johnson (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 358545 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Re: Glen Johnson Player Thread
      Reply #2967: May 27, 2015 07:51:31 pm
      At one stage of his childhood, he lived in a hostel as his mother had nowhere to live. Johnson credits his mother with helping him develop a football career, he said "She had a tough time, bringing up three kids as a single parent with no help apart from the goodwill of close friends, and there were times when we had nowhere to stay.

"At one point we were homeless and staying in a hostel, but once mum got herself on her feet after a few hard years, and passed her driving test so she could take me to football every week, that gave us a fresh start."[7]

From Wikipedia.

Whatever stick he has taken with his performances and one of the last big contract players , this guy has still worn the shirt of Liverpool Football Club and shouldn't leave this summer as just the forgotten man.
      He represented his country as well as his club.

Respect.

He's been a good servant to this Club, I know of him personally and he's a good man with a lovely family.
      I wish him nothing but the best, wherever he goes. He doesn't deserve what some are throwing at him.
      Good luck Glenn, I hope you reflect on your time here with fondness!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2968: May 27, 2015 09:07:23 pm
      Tale of two halves for Glen he gave us three good seasons and three sh*t ones.

I won't forget the good years he gave us but I'll happily see him leave for the last three.

Best of luck Glen wherever your playing career takes you next.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #2969: May 27, 2015 09:15:52 pm
      not sure where it all went wrong for glen...

should have kept them dreadlocks me thinks
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2970: May 27, 2015 09:21:51 pm
      I defended him until recently but he never seemed to regain his form after his injuries.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2971: May 27, 2015 09:48:45 pm
      Tale of two halves for Glen he gave us three good seasons and three sh*t ones.

No he didn't, he was just slightly more effective going forward. He's always been total cack at defending and given he is a defender, first and foremost he should be able to defend.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2972: May 29, 2015 01:19:58 am
      He was never good in the first place and Rafa buying him was a mistake I'm afraid. He'll epitomise the era of Liverpool being a below CL level club because he was a below CL player...if that.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2973: May 29, 2015 12:31:25 pm
      might aswell delete him from the thread now he's gone

thanks for all his goals but to be honest we are not going to miss his defensive abilities.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #2974: May 29, 2015 01:41:00 pm
      All the best Glen, you've had some almighty stick lately and still come out in front of those people, in that red shirt, to play for my club.  My respect - you are the bigger man.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2975: May 29, 2015 01:51:22 pm
      I wish him the best wherever he goes next, he'll probably join Cole at Roma. Has been very poor for the past few years but it's not his fault he got picked I guess.

All the best Glen, you've had some almighty stick lately and still come out in front of those people, in that red shirt, to play for my club.  My respect - you are the bigger man.

Well the club paid him handsomely to "come out in front of those people". 
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #2976: May 29, 2015 04:36:31 pm
      It does indeed, but the grief some fans give the players makes me sick mate, however much they're paid.  They play for Liverpool and I will support them.  I can't stand the negativity some people dish out.  Don't care how much you're paid, I don't believe thousands of people telling you you're sh*t makes you play any better.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2977: Jun 06, 2015 09:55:23 am

This ...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2978: Jun 06, 2015 12:00:50 pm

The double standards lately is shocking even though we should be used to it by now.

Just to clarify Skip, and if you could answer in plain English without the use of riddles that would be great, Glen deserves repect for representing the club despite getting stick all season but the manager isn't entitled to the same respect even though he has week in week out tried to put a team out to represent the club?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2979: Jun 06, 2015 06:41:52 pm
      The double standards lately is shocking even though we should be used to it by now.

Just to clarify Skip, and if you could answer in plain English without the use of riddles that would be great, Glen deserves repect for representing the club despite getting stick all season but the manager isn't entitled to the same respect even though he has week in week out tried to put a team out to represent the club?

WHAT are you on FFS ?

I will put this as simply as I can or you need it to be.

One is a Liverpool professional footballer ... had talent .... won stuff .... and represented  his country 54 times.

Plus   League Cup : 2011–12 and   Match of the Day Goal of the Season : 2008–09

Other is a football manager who won a Championship Play Off Final.

First manager who hasn't won anything in his first three years for the club.
      The manager who was on watch when we suffered our worst loss since April 1963.
      Plays a reserve side against Real Madrid .

How long have you got?

Not double standards . Different standards.

One is to be respected.

The other hasnt earnt it.

Do change the record.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2980: Jun 06, 2015 07:23:28 pm
      I think Glen Johnson has carried quite a lot of injuries over the last few seasons. He was never a good defender but caused plenty of  trouble going forward.
      He never quite reached his potential for me maybe those injuries hampered him too much.
      Best of luck Glen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2981: Jun 06, 2015 08:22:04 pm

WHAT are you on FFS ?

I will put this as simply as I can or you need it to be.

One is a Liverpool professional footballer ... had talent .... won stuff .... and represented  his country 54 times.

Plus   League Cup : 2011–12 and   Match of the Day Goal of the Season : 2008–09

Other is a football manager who won a Championship Play Off Final.

First manager who hasn't won anything in his first three years for the club.
      The manager who was on watch when we suffered our worst loss since April 1963.
      Plays a reserve side against Real Madrid .

How long have you got?

Not double standards . Different standards.

One is to be respected.

The other hasnt earnt it.

Do change the record.

MOTD Goal of the Season.

Holy F**k. ;D

Your hatred of Brendan is well known Skip but you're talking bollocks on this one mate.

If Glen is to be respected for 'coming out in front of those giving him stick and playing for the club' the manager is to be respected for doing likewise.

It's irrelevant whether you think they are doing a good job or not.

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015 08:56:17 pm by srslfc »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2982: Jun 06, 2015 10:06:45 pm
      MOTD Goal of the Season.

Holy f**k. ;D

Your hatred of Brendan is well known Skip but you're talking bollocks on this one mate.

If Glen is to be respected for 'coming out in front of those giving him stick and playing for the club' the manager is to be respected for doing likewise.

It's irrelevant whether you think they are doing a good job or not.

Marlin to Dory .

" I think your wasting my time " 

Copyright : Pixar Disney.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #2983: Jun 06, 2015 10:49:02 pm
      Injuries ruined it for him sadly and it's not his fault he arrived precisely at the most turbulent era in our history. Just a shame that summer we well and truly screwed up - we payed ridiculous amounts for replacing Arbeloa and Alonso with two players (Aquilani of course) who simply were nowhere near their level.

Once again, the failings of our youth system have come to light, and arguably our transfer policy. Instead of having a youngster in reserve who could have been nurtured and slotted in their places (like the best teams do), we paid through our noses for severe risks that failed spectacularly. It's the same as last year - rather than having young hot potential behind Suarez, we spent it on Lambert and Balotelli - complete antithesis of what we were meant to be about.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2984: Jun 07, 2015 07:31:28 am
      For £100k+ a week I'd come out in front of almost anyone and pretend to be good at whatever it is they're paying me for.

He's utter crap on the football field. Glad he's on his way out.

May be a nice fella, I don't know, but he's stolen a living off his mythical talents.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2985: Jun 07, 2015 10:54:58 am
      I've always liked Glen as a player. Got dog's abuse down the years for us.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2986: Jun 07, 2015 11:13:36 am
      I've always liked Glen as a player. Got dog's abuse down the years for us.
      Well you play dog sh*te while earning 100k you will get dog's abuse.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2987: Jun 07, 2015 11:25:24 am
      Match of the day goal of the season winner 6 years ago, the boy done well
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #2988: Jun 09, 2015 11:48:53 am
      Well you play dog sh*te while earning 100k you will get dog's abuse.

you play an injured fullback with injections because you don't have any other fullbacks on the list and the clueless will heap sh*t on you...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2989: Jun 10, 2015 02:17:22 pm

Quick Reply