Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Glen Johnson (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 358599 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: Glen Johnson Player Thread
      Reply #23: Jun 26, 2009 05:21:48 pm
      Hope he does well. Hope he can be the player we all want him to be, with values of the club stongly instilled into him.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #24: Jun 26, 2009 05:26:03 pm
      Very excited about this signing. If all goes well, could be a massive signing for us for seasons to come.

Best of luck Glen
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #25: Jun 26, 2009 06:03:21 pm
      I sincerely hope you add to your title winning medals whilst at Liverpool.

Good point that. Only player in the LFC squad to have an English league medal? Let's hope it's catching.

Welcome aboard the red machine Johnno!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #26: Jun 26, 2009 06:07:07 pm
      EXCLUSIVE: RAFA ON GLEN JOHNSON
      Jimmy Rice 26 June 2009  
        Rafa Benitez took five minutes to chat to Liverpoolfc.tv about his first major acquisition ahead of the 2009-10 season.  

Why did you decide to bring Glen Johnson to the club?  
      We were thinking about bringing in players with quality - that's the first thing. He is also English and that is important for the Champions League list. We were thinking about improving the team and Johnson is a very good player who will do that.

What will he give us?  
      He was important at Chelsea and in the last year at Portsmouth he has improved and is much better. One of the main things is his mentality - it's really good. He is a winner. I was impressed with the conversations I had with him. He wants to improve.

Does he represent value for money?  
      We knew the market was going to be difficult this summer and some of it has been crazy. Manchester City and Chelsea were there - they were making offers. We had to be quick and the club acted quickly. It was down to the player whether he chose us or City or Chelsea and he chose us. It was very clear from talking to him that he wanted to play for Liverpool.

What does this mean for Alvaro Arbeloa?

Arbeloa was a good player for us last year. The thing is, he has one year left on his contract. We have offered him an extension and we're talking. He is our player but if there is a good offer we have to consider it. We have two or three clubs asking about him. He would like to stay but he knows the competition will be hard.

Can fans expect any more signings?

We are working and trying to bring new players in but we are happy with the squad we have at the moment. We were thinking about improving and with Johnson we have improved. Like I have already said, we could buy one more player without selling anyone. We now have to wait.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164869090626-1555.htm
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #27: Jun 26, 2009 06:08:58 pm
      Super super Glen
      Super super Glen
      Super Glen Johnson!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #28: Jun 26, 2009 06:21:20 pm
      Welcome glen, its always a good sign having a player with the surname

JOHNSON

ITs  just like the 80's again, liverpool are great, unemployments high and
      anybody remember another johnson who played during the glory years......brilliant another good sign of success to come.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #29: Jun 26, 2009 06:56:16 pm
      Welcome Glen Johnson, you're now officially a Red. I think this guy is good, he has the pace, he's technically gifted and he scores goals, pity about the price though. Rafa has a way of improving players, if he can improve Glen over the coming years he will turn him into one helluva player, Glen is a good player already.....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Jun 26, 2009 07:09:08 pm
      What I like about this transfer is that he had options open to him, but he chose us. When you consider the fact that the other two clubs in for him were Manchester City and Chelsea, I have troubling believing we were offering him the highest wage.

He's young and ambitious, and surrounded by the quality of players and coaches we have he can only get better.

Very true, its good to see there is some people with common sense and pride in this day and age of cheques stating where you play.

Also probably came here because we are the ones who are going to win the title next season ;)

Welcome Glen, i sincerely hope you live up to yours and ours expectations, and more :)
      ste-t-4eva
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #31: Jun 26, 2009 07:23:08 pm
      Really think this guy is what we nees down the right, great defender and quality going forward too, has good pace big and strong and can whip in a great cross has the ablitiy to pop up with a few goals too, hope he scores 1 like the screamer last season
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32: Jun 26, 2009 07:33:47 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Glen Quality addition him and the dirkinator on the right hand side seems very good to me as when Johnson makes surging runs up the right the dirkinator will be there filling in the void and tracking back for him as dirk never shirks. Hope we can keep Arbeloa also for strength in depth or we are just back to square one looking for a right back.

All we need now is for us to Draw and knock out Mourhino's Milan in the Champions League and for Johnson to get Man of the Match in Both Legs and i'm sue that will be the icing on the cake for Johnson and a two finger salute to Mourhino for the way he treat him at Chelski
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #33: Jun 26, 2009 07:34:39 pm
      not totally convinced he's any better than Arbeloa, hope im wrong, so welcome to the 09/10 premier league champions glen
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #34: Jun 26, 2009 08:25:21 pm
      *rubs hands together*.....  Welcome to the best club in the land..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Jun 26, 2009 09:26:02 pm
      Good luck.

Youve joined the Greatest Football Club In The World.

18 + 5

YNWA.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #36: Jun 26, 2009 09:39:42 pm
      Welcome to you Glen. All the very best on your career at Anfield. I'll look forward to seeing you in the Red shirt.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #37: Jun 26, 2009 10:09:18 pm
      Welcome Glen you're now  a Red and that only should make you  proud and a better player
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #38: Jun 26, 2009 10:32:18 pm
      Now that this deal had gone through, i am genuinely getting very excited. I love his style of game and i think he is a great addition to the team. Welcome Glen- go prove your doubters wrong!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Jun 26, 2009 10:39:45 pm
      Indeed.

Let's get working on a Johnson song! :D

He's Glen Johnson he's Liverpools Number Two
      He stole a toilet seat as he needed to use the loo
      Ohhhhh its Glen he's running down the wing
      The officer on the scene said its time for you to sing
      He then replies lets take it from the top
      I only want to play in front of the Kop
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: Jun 26, 2009 10:41:48 pm
      He's Glen Johnson he's Liverpools Number Two
      He stole a toilet seat as he needed to use the loo
      Ohhhhh its Glen he's running down the wing
      The officer on the scene said its time for you to sing
      He then replies lets take it from the top
      I only want to play in front of the Kop

Nice :D except we gotta sell doss and give him the number two first :D
      redsdelight
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #41: Jun 26, 2009 11:48:21 pm
      great addition to the club!! need a quality striker now to play alongside torres
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Jun 26, 2009 11:49:43 pm
      great addition to the club!! need a quality striker now to play alongside torres

We have got one called Steven Gerrard or has that passed you by ? ;D
      red_micheal
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 26, 2009 11:51:26 pm
      great signing though question mark over the price......hope he proves all the doubters wrong!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Jun 26, 2009 11:54:36 pm
      great signing though question mark over the price......hope he proves all the doubters wrong!

Im sure he will for all the questions about his defensive game, when he's attacking the Durkinator will be tracking back and filling the void making tackles etc as Durk does i think they will complement each other and i'm looking forward to seeing them in tandem
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #45: Jun 26, 2009 11:57:45 pm
      Im sure he will for all the questions about his defensive game, when he's attacking the Durkinator will be tracking back and filling the void making tackles etc as Durk does i think they will complement each other and i'm looking forward to seeing them in tandem

I see masch as the one who covers for Glen's runs with Dirk pushing into the box.

Quick Reply