Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Benitez - Robbie is the best finisher we have.

Read 1635 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Benitez - Robbie is the best finisher we have.
      Feb 26, 2007 01:59:54 pm
      Rafa Benitez hailed Robbie Fowler as the best finisher at the club following his brace in the 4-0 win over Sheffield United.
      The striker netted two first-half penalties to take his tally for the season to seven.

Benitez said: "He's a really good finisher, still the best we have, and I sometimes think that if we could have Bellamy running at defenders and carrying the ball 20 yards, then turning into Fowler with the goal in sight, it would be perfect.

"If you create chances for him, you know you can rely on his finishing and that is a very important quality to have.

"We have four very good strikers, all with different skills. You can make the most of Crouch's aerial ability, Kuyt works hard between the lines and Bellamy runs behind defences.

"Robbie operates in and around the box and, of course, he snaps up chances.

"We can talk about Robbie's future at a later date, but if he scores every time he plays over the next few months, you never know.

"You need a regular supply of goals from someone and if Robbie is not with us next season we will have to look for another like him. It will not be easy, but it is clear we would need someone with the same qualities."

Great to hear that Rafa, NOW START HIM MORE OFTEN!
      And another year deal in the process ;)
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 02:02:34 pm by Court_LFC »
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Re: Benitez - Robbie is the best finisher we have.
      Reply #1: Feb 26, 2007 04:41:48 pm
      "We have four very good strikers, all with different skills. You can make the most of Crouch's aerial ability, Kuyt works hard between the lines and Bellamy runs behind defences.

Just something off the record, with the American dollars we have in our bank now can we just buy one striker with ALL these abilities? :D

And I agree, Robbie has to start more often and I'm sure he'll become the devastator that he always is.

RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #2: Feb 26, 2007 06:43:33 pm
      God is omnipotent!! Hallelujah!!

adj(especially of a deity) (the creator and supreme being), human having unlimited or very great power!

Robbie, sorry  :angel:GOD :angel: is 31?

He's still got miles in the tank as long as the bodywork doesn't take too much of a battering! It's no good owning a classic if you're gonna leave it locked up in the garage! You should take it out for a spin, turn a few heads, get some value for money. The time will come when you'll need to put it in the showroom but until then Rafa let the legend do his thing and have a blast!

RED1028 Ch1 Vs1 Amen  :D :angel:
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 06:47:55 pm by RED1028 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Feb 26, 2007 11:22:46 pm
      God is omnipotent!! Hallelujah!!

adj(especially of a deity) (the creator and supreme being), human having unlimited or very great power!

Robbie, sorry  :angel:GOD :angel: is 31?

He's still got miles in the tank as long as the bodywork doesn't take too much of a battering! It's no good owning a classic if you're gonna leave it locked up in the garage! You should take it out for a spin, turn a few heads, get some value for money. The time will come when you'll need to put it in the showroom but until then Rafa let the legend do his thing and have a blast!

RED1028 Ch1 Vs1 Amen  :D :angel:

I have been so disappointed that for whatever reason Robbie didn't do more this season. I know he is only 31, but he is probably the 'oldest' 31 year old striker in the Premiership if you get my meaning.  Strange because he never actually had raw pace like Michael Owen, I thought he was going to be like a Rush and go on till his mid-30's. 

I really don't understand what has gone on this season with him.  I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in an updated biography. He hasn't moaned once though as far as I am aware.  That also suggests that he probably knows something we don't.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Feb 26, 2007 11:24:19 pm
      I have been so disappointed that for whatever reason Robbie didn't do more this season. I know he is only 31, but he is probably the 'oldest' 31 year old striker in the Premiership if you get my meaning.  Strange because he never actually had raw pace like Michael Owen, I thought he was going to be like a Rush and go on till his mid-30's. 

I really don't understand what has gone on this season with him.  I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in an updated biography. He hasn't moaned once though as far as I am aware.  That also suggests that he probably knows something we don't.

You've got a point there.
      To be honest if he was given the chance he would of given us more than Bellamy has this season! Honestly!
      7 goals in 7 appearances... now thats prolific if he can't get into the side.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 11:25:08 pm by Court_LFC »
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #5: Feb 27, 2007 12:13:30 am

Strange isn't it?! My sentiments exactly. Look what Gary McAllister did for Liverpool in 2 years and at 35/6? With 5 strikers Crouch, Bellamy, Kuyt, Fowler and now Voronin plus any Reserves trying for 1st team footy I'd guess Robbies' days are numbered but then I didn't ever expect to see him pull on a red shirt again... stranger things have happened but not many! 
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2007 12:14:11 am by RED1028 »

Quick Reply