Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool V's Moanchester Urinals 12.45 3/3/07

Read 17807 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Liverpool V's Moanchester Urinals 12.45 3/3/07
      Reply #69: Mar 03, 2007 03:48:22 pm
      Even Rafa thinks they're a bunch of spawny bas**rds

"It's unbelievable how we lost this match because we controlled the game and deserved to win it," reflected Benitez.

"We controlled the attacking side of the game and had many corners and free-kicks, but in football you sometimes have luck and sometimes have bad luck.

"We made a mistake for the goal but when you create as many chances as we did then you need to score against a team like Manchester United.

"We must stay positive now and look forward to the Barcelona game and maybe we will have better luck on Tuesday."
      El Liverpool
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #70: Mar 03, 2007 04:06:28 pm
      Nobody can say we didn't work hard but sadly we just haven't quite got what they have....100% quality...don't shoot me down I'm trying to be honest, a true football fan cannot deny they are a quality side and very entertaining to watch.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #71: Mar 03, 2007 04:30:13 pm
      I can't believe we lost that, the mancs never had a shot on target until the ref awards a free kick for what? I  was in the boozer with a load of mancs and they didn't know what it was for. Giggs lost control of the ball, looked at the ref and he gave the free kick.  F**k , them bas**rds need to be answerable to somebody for decisions like that, I hope the b***ard dies on the way home. cheating c**t. Apart from that we played brilliantly. Bring on barca and an honest ref ! 
      El Liverpool
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #72: Mar 03, 2007 04:36:59 pm
      I can't believe we lost that, the mancs never had a shot on target until the ref awards a free kick for what? I  was in the boozer with a load of mancs and they didn't know what it was for. Giggs lost control of the ball, looked at the ref and he gave the free kick.  fu*k , them bas**rds need to be answerable to somebody for decisions like that, I hope the b***ard dies on the way home. cheating c**t. Apart from that we played brilliantly. Bring on barca and an honest ref ! 
      I can't believe we lost that, the mancs never had a shot on target until the ref awards a free kick for what? I  was in the boozer with a load of mancs and they didn't know what it was for. Giggs lost control of the ball, looked at the ref and he gave the free kick.  fu*k , them bas**rds need to be answerable to somebody for decisions like that, I hope the b***ard dies on the way home. cheating c**t. Apart from that we played brilliantly. Bring on barca and an honest ref ! 

Too harsh, I hope any outsiders visiting this forum don't tar all Scouser with the same brush...there's some very very nasty unsportsmanlike posters on this forum...Nasty horrible people!!!!! Stop it NOW!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #73: Mar 03, 2007 04:55:25 pm
      Nobody can say we didn't work hard but sadly we just haven't quite got what they have....100% quality...don't shoot me down I'm trying to be honest, a true football fan cannot deny they are a quality side and very entertaining to watch.

Are you for real ?  You dont know someone by the name of NWA or FLB do you  ???  Liverpool played class football today and played the Manc sh*te off the pitch.  If you find Manc Sh*te entertaining and 100% quality then i suggest you burn your scarf and  post on another site !    You may be a football fan but certainly not a Liverpool fan.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #74: Mar 03, 2007 05:18:13 pm
      Too harsh, I hope any outsiders visiting this forum don't tar all Scouser with the same brush...there's some very very nasty unsportsmanlike posters on this forum...Nasty horrible people!!!!! Stop it NOW!

who are you to comment on the users on this site ? your a newbie and not making many friends at the mo you manc scum.
      go and have a sleep, come back and look round our trophy room.

as for the match, well, they've done us again.
      can anyone confirm if Bellamy's 'goal' was onside or offside, and was it a justified freekick which led to the goal?
      cheers
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2007 05:59:18 pm by mrtommo »
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #75: Mar 03, 2007 05:32:24 pm
      [All part of the RTK campaign.  I did hear 'In Istanbul we won it five times'.

Yep, same Andy Gray, I always think he's very pro Liverpool.
      Andy Gray loves it when Liverpool lose,he never as anything good to say about us and listening to him before kick off today,he seemed of the opinion that Liverpool should should not even bother to turn up at home to play THE SCUM UNITED.
      Andy "I love United" Gray! God I hate that man
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #76: Mar 03, 2007 05:46:46 pm
      Gutted.

I knew if we took our decent chance's we'd win. But once again, this wasn't the case. To beat top teams you have to take any chance you get. There was one in the first half with Kuyt not anticipating and then the one in the second half with Crouch.
      That's the only thing that gets me down though. The lads got stuck in and the second half was all us. Would feel even worse if we hadn't controled the game and had the upper hand.

Tommo, it looked to me he was onside but the flick from momo must have changed the linesman's mind. Was a silly free kick to give for the ref as well. He fell for gigs appeal for it.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #77: Mar 03, 2007 05:54:54 pm
      Gutted.

I knew if we took our decent chance's we'd win. But once again, this wasn't the case. To beat top teams you have to take any chance you get. There was one in the first half with Kuyt not anticipating and then the one in the second half with Crouch.
      That's the only thing that gets me down though. The lads got stuck in and the second half was all us. Would feel even worse if we hadn't controled the game and had the upper hand.

Tommo, it looked to me he was onside but the flick from momo must have changed the linesman's mind. Was a silly free kick to give for the ref as well. He fell for gigs appeal for it.

cheers pal, I went to the game so only got the one chance so see it happen.
      don't think I'll be watching the re run
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #78: Mar 03, 2007 05:54:54 pm
      I don't believe El Liverpool is a red at all.  At least not a Merseyside red anyway.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #79: Mar 03, 2007 05:57:45 pm
      I don't believe El Liverpool is a red at all.  At least not a Merseyside red anyway.

He's a manc, look thro' it's post's, only posts when it's a scumbag topic.
      what a very very horrible poster - as he says.
      I wonder if he's been round our trophy room ? he might see the European Cup scumbag's won in 1999 - now on permanent display at Anfield ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #80: Mar 03, 2007 06:22:00 pm
      He's a manc, look thro' it's post's, only posts when it's a scumbag topic.
      what a very very horrible poster - as he says.
      I wonder if he's been round our trophy room ? he might see the European Cup scumbag's won in 1999 - now on permanent display at Anfield ;)

What, you mean this one Tommo? ;)

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #81: Mar 03, 2007 06:59:32 pm
      We were unlucky, Bellers should of squared it a bit better to Kuyt, Riise's shot swerved last second, Bellamy was a bit unlucky with offside goal, Crouch did well but Van Der Sar was the difference between the Scum outfield players and luck just didn't go our way. We should of won but we haven't but next season i am sure we will be more powerfull then them, they have won it this year but not in style they have had a lot of luck.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #82: Mar 03, 2007 07:11:37 pm
      If we got beaten today by the future champions then this is why...

1. Sissoko in midfield and Gerrard on the right wing?  :angry-smiley-034:

Everyone knows, including Rafa, Stevie performs best in the middle, end of.  ??? In all fairness Sissoko was crap today and it was plain to see, his control and passing were terrible at times.  >:(

2. Possession and domination.

At home with a full house we had a chance to carry on our form and yes, we dominated the match!  Bellamy made Vidic look pathetic at times and caused chaos on the right. Our attacking football was quality save for some dodgy passing at times. Utd responded to our dominance and could only counter-attack with a 5 man midfield in the 2nd half. (They did no better in the 1st half either). When was the last time Utd came to Anfield and were made to look ordinary?
      How much possession did we have? How many corners did we have? And convert? That brings me to my next point.

3. Our finishing is suspect and very questionable at times. :-[

I won't mention names, it's the usual suspects. Credit for the attempts I suppose but it's soul destroying at times to see so much possession fizzle out to nothing. We must convert our chances!!  :o
      (For a split second half the universe thought Risse had pulled a rabbit out of the hat with his free-kick but it's exactly those chances we must take if we can't score from open play).
      Long range chances ie Gonzalez, Gerrard & Risse (from open play) are potshots at worst and unlucky at best if the 'keeper gets a finger on them. The ratio of potshots v unlucky was more for the former than the later, a lot more.  :-[ Not good.  :angry-smiley-034:

4. Substitutions

I think Rafa got it wrong on 2 counts today. The starting 11 and the subs.
      Aurellio for Gonzalez. Like for like so no change there. And little advantage gained.
      It mystified me why he subbed Pennant for Bellamy. I expected to see Stevie G slot in behind Dirk and Pennant to take his position on the wing? No!  ??? Bellamy is an out-and-out striker so why bring on a winger for a striker and leave a below-par midfielder on?
      Crouch for Sissoko. See above. All very strange if you ask me and all very strange if you don't.

5. Champions are lucky. Or classy, or both.

I had a horrible feeling in the last 10mins that we hadn't taken our chances and might be punished.
      It was like Grounhog day as the team who scrapped a late winner last week repeated the feat this week. They turned the screw after doing f**k all for most of the match and got lucky. All our pummeling on their goal and we were hit with a sucker punch. But that's foootball. They aren't 12 points clear 'cos they're crap, we're 19 points behind them 'cos we haven't taken our chances or been that good. Fact.
      If we are gonna get beat it might as well be by the future champions (and I hate saying that!)
      Lets not forget we did good in Istanbul and Cardiff and needed an element of luck and class to win so credit where credit's due.
      At least Chavski won't win it this year! And the Gooners are closing in so time for some decisive finishing.

PS I just loved it when Gary Neville got kicked in the nuts :o :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2007 07:13:42 pm by RED1028 »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #83: Mar 03, 2007 08:51:47 pm
      If we were going to play Gerrard on the right then i think Mascherano >> Sissoko as Xabi Alonso is not replaceable when on top of his game. Sissoko is a great midfielder but he needs to improve his on the ball skills.

Because we lost today that will make the team to face Barca on Tuesday unpredictable but would love to see Stevie G in the middle with Mascherano or Alonso or both :angel:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,777 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #84: Mar 03, 2007 09:09:32 pm
      gutted....f*%K I hate those bas**rds >:( >:(.....sometimes I think that God (the one above) is a Manc supporter!!! >:D they have all the luck in the world.....we dominated them, played them off the park.  When was the last time that any team has kept
      Ronaldo, Shrek, Giggs and Scholes so quiet, it was like they weren't even there.

We just couldn't put the ball in the net, in hindsight maybe we should have bought Robbie on, I'm sure he would have loved to have had a crack at those pricks.

And then once again (feels like the blackburn game but hurts sooooo much more)....the lucky arseholes have one lucky freekick and with all the boys standing around after Reina couldn't hold on, the f***in ball falls straight at the feet of O'Shea....wheres the luck? ??? ??? ???
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #85: Mar 03, 2007 09:35:18 pm
      we have been better but we have lost, now to by Barcelona
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #86: Mar 03, 2007 09:37:45 pm
      i think if liverpool play the same they did theyll beat barcalona on tuesday as if liverpool had put one of those chances away it would have been a 3-4 nil thumping for the reds..so really i thought carragher and the rest of the defence had a solid hold and didnt allow anything of man utd to build up. So really in the positive sight we now have a massive game that means so much coming up so we have something to look forward to..COMON U REDS KEEP UR HEAD UP
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #87: Mar 03, 2007 09:42:59 pm
      PS I just loved it when Gary Neville got kicked in the nuts :o :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh yes, my vote for play of the day!
      I think if liverpool play the same they did theyll beat barcalona on tuesday as if liverpool had put one of those chances away it would have been a 3-4 nil thumping for the reds..so really I thought carragher and the rest of the defence had a solid hold and didnt allow anything of man utd to build up. So really in the positive sight we now have a massive game that means so much coming up so we have something to look forward to..COMON U REDS KEEP UR HEAD UP

Very refreshing post, brother! It was straight to the bed for me after the game but now I'm keeping my head up with Champions League and next season to look forward to! I'll just be one of those anonymous fans who walks with Liverpool even in times of defeat.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #88: Mar 03, 2007 10:10:26 pm
      Someone did tell the scum that we don't care about the league this year and just want to reclaim the European Cup?
      united
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #89: Mar 03, 2007 10:20:44 pm
      Who do you think will score against u next time van der sar
      1st ferdinand twice
      then o'shea

and two of them came in the 90th minute  olwell done the double over you
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #90: Mar 03, 2007 10:34:13 pm
      Absolutely gutted about the result.  :(
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #91: Mar 03, 2007 11:25:48 pm
      Who do you think will score against u next time van der sar
      1st ferdinand twice
      then o'shea

and two of them came in the 90th minute  olwell done the double over you

I smell an inbread, anyone else? Look you stupid manc t**t Man United were lucky and knowing Rafa he had Barcelona the more difficult tie in mind. Even if we beat Man United we would of stood no chance of winning the title this season so Rafa is going all out in the Champions League. Today was a warm up match for us i hope we meet you in the QF of the CL and batter you out of the competiton (thats if we beat the might Barca) - (which we will)

Quick Reply