Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Is Chelsea going to steal Torres?

Read 1117 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Is Chelsea going to steal Torres?
      Jun 28, 2009 03:06:30 am
      I read an article on Bleacher Report which said Chelsea is going to make an offer of 50 Million for Torres.  They want him and David Villa.  Is this a real possiblity?

I dont know how transfers work in EPL.  I am used to the American sports and Free Agents,drafts and trades....If offered to Liverpool do they have to accept the Bid or match it or can they just decline the offer?
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Is Chelsea going to steal Torres?
      Reply #1: Jun 28, 2009 03:15:38 am
      I don't see how Torres is going to move to Chelsea honestly. He has committed his future to Liverpool just a week ago, I remember him saying "As long as Liverpool want me, I'll stay." And that is quoted on the official site as well.

Yes, I have also read that Chelsea want Torres but I for one am not arsed. I'm confident he's not moving, because if he does then he is going to come in for a lot of stick from us fans. He also stated that he knows the rivalries and he's going to move there etc.

Answering your question, it all depends to the manager and the player. If Chelsea make a offer for the player, Rafa will consider it and I'm certain he'll say no. And even if Rafa accepts it, I very much doubt Torres will be relucant to leave here and he may reject the transfer as well. I'm very certain whatever offer we receive Rafa will fax back a 'Not for sale and F**k off' kind of reply because Torres is going to be instrumental to our success.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jun 28, 2009 03:20:56 am
      Topic locked.

There'd be murder if we sold Torres.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Jun 28, 2009 11:35:03 am
      I read an article on Bleacher Report which said Chelsea is going to make an offer of 50 Million for Torres. 

Old news.

Story was from the News of the World.

Quick Reply