Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Editors

Read 16830 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Editors
      Reply #92: Sep 28, 2009 05:21:58 pm
      I would probably download it, but I don't have WinRar, and I kinda can't be bothered getting it. Might just wait until the actual release on iTunes.

^^^ that just has to be the most lame excuse ever. You 'can't be bothered' clicking three 'buttons' or you're afraid of entering the 'illegal' world of downloading?  :f_whistle:

For those who ain't a scaredy-cat; try ExtractNow to extract rar & zip files - it's free and easy to use:

http://download.cnet.com/ExtractNow/3000-2250_4-10038365.html

paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #93: Sep 28, 2009 05:37:06 pm
      Tut tut.  ;)

I would probably download it, but I don't have WinRar, and I kinda can't be bothered getting it. Might just wait until the actual release on iTunes.

I thought you'd be pleased Wossy?  :f_doh:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #94: Sep 28, 2009 05:37:49 pm

Cheers 'robbo - giving it a listen to now......i'll get back on how it sounds (to me) later.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #95: Sep 28, 2009 06:15:00 pm
      I thought you'd be pleased Wossy?  :f_doh:

Same, I was expecting him to be fully erect with delight.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #96: Sep 28, 2009 06:18:32 pm
      Ahh I'm opening it in ExtractNow, I'm pressing extract then it asks me for a password? I've just been entering anything but it says encountered bad data or invalid password. Can any one help?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #97: Sep 28, 2009 06:30:25 pm
      Ahh I'm opening it in ExtractNow, I'm pressing extract then it asks me for a password? I've just been entering anything but it says encountered bad data or invalid password. Can any one help?

Here ya go.......

type in (or copy n paste) tim13er when asked for password.

By the way ....Tom Smith's opening vocals on track 4 'You Don't Know Love'... Vic Reeves' pub singer or what?  ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2009 06:45:53 pm by bad boy bubby »
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #98: Sep 28, 2009 07:53:30 pm
      Cheers mate, so this is the actual album not like a lame recording or parts of it?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #99: Sep 28, 2009 08:33:15 pm

It's in my post that has the link in.

The pass is - tim13er
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #100: Sep 28, 2009 08:33:52 pm
      Cheers mate, so this is the actual album not like a lame recording or parts of it?

Full album.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #101: Sep 28, 2009 10:27:34 pm
      ^^^ that just has to be the most lame excuse ever. You 'can't be bothered' clicking three 'buttons' or you're afraid of entering the 'illegal' world of downloading?  :f_whistle:

For those who ain't a scaredy-cat; try ExtractNow to extract rar & zip files - it's free and easy to use:

http://download.cnet.com/ExtractNow/3000-2250_4-10038365.html

Hmm.

Personally, I used to like to the days when I would look forward to the physical release of the CD, I'd love having the physical thing in my hand on the day.

Things have moved on though and it just so happens that iTunes for example is more convenient. Most of the time I don't like downloading leaked albums though, particularly of my favourite artists as it kinda ruins the surprise a bit.

Never know, might change my mind soon/not be able to resist the temptation but at the moment no, I can't be bothered.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #102: Sep 29, 2009 05:16:52 am
      Overall I would say I like the Editors, but only in certain moments. For some reason, either I love them and cant stop listening or get tired of them after 30 seconds of a song - which is how I feel at the moment, so I won't bother getting their new album right now. In a few weeks, I probably will.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #103: Sep 29, 2009 07:43:11 am
      Hmm.

Personally, I used to like to the days when I would look forward to the physical release of the CD, I'd love having the physical thing in my hand on the day.

Things have moved on though and it just so happens that iTunes for example is more convenient. Most of the time I don't like downloading leaked albums though, particularly of my favourite artists as it kinda ruins the surprise a bit.

Never know, might change my mind soon/not be able to resist the temptation but at the moment no, I can't be bothered.

I was only yanking your chain there Ross.  :angel:

I have to admit tho' to being a tad confused: you originally thought the album was to be released on 21 September (over a week ago) - so really....well you get what i'm saying.

It's crap anyhow!  ;D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #104: Sep 29, 2009 10:22:28 am
      Listened to 30 seconds snippets on iTunes the other week. Sounds a lot slower than past albums.

However, I do actually really like the slower Editors songs. I reckon it's going to be one of them that you have to listen to quite a few times, and then you'll love it.

I think that'll be the case for me anyway - that's exactly what happened with their past two albums.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #105: Oct 07, 2009 06:31:14 pm
      The whole album can be listened to here for free in great quality. (No downloading needed).

Really liking the sound of it at the moment. I think it's going to be one of them albums that I'll love after several listens through.

www.we7.com

Search 'Editors' and ye shall find.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #106: Oct 07, 2009 07:06:56 pm
      I'm not too impressed by this one, alot slower as you said, whether that's good is up to the individual.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #107: Oct 07, 2009 07:14:49 pm
      At the end of the day I just think, if they kept doing the same thing it may become tedious.

If I want to listen to quicker/heavier stuff, I'll go back and listen to TBR or AEHAS. I've liked what I've heard so far, I just think it'll take time to get used to the songs.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #108: Oct 07, 2009 07:15:28 pm
      Yeah I haven't listened to them all or given them much attention, may grow to like the album in time.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #109: Oct 07, 2009 10:40:00 pm
      http://rapidshare.com/files/286034494/E-ITLOTE.rar

We7 rip of the album.

Code:
      Pass = tim13er

You'll need WinRar to extract the songs.

Gutted I've only just seen this. It's been removed.

F***ing love that Papion or Papillon song or whatever it's called though! BEAST!

And yeah, defo elements of the Joy Division, but that's a good thing in my opinion.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #110: Oct 07, 2009 10:42:32 pm
      The whole album can be listened to here for free in great quality. (No downloading needed).

Really liking the sound of it at the moment. I think it's going to be one of them albums that I'll love after several listens through.

www.we7.com

Search 'Editors' and ye shall find.

Listen to it all there redkenny!

Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool is awesome.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #111: Oct 07, 2009 10:46:45 pm
      Wanted to listen to it at work tomorrow mate. Although thanks for the link. I'll give it a listen in a bit, just can't be arsed ripping it all at the mo.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #112: Oct 07, 2009 10:49:11 pm
      Fair do's!

Can't wait 'til it comes out now. Gonna get it straight away with what's left of my iTunes voucher.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #113: Oct 07, 2009 10:54:59 pm
      Wanted to listen to it at work tomorrow mate. Although thanks for the link. I'll give it a listen in a bit, just can't be arsed ripping it all at the mo.

http://rs498.rapidshare.com/files/289449440/Editors-In_This_Light_And_On_This_Evening-2009-SiRE.rar

That one should be working mate. Full retail rip.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #114: Oct 08, 2009 09:02:07 pm
      Can't believe how much it's growing on me already, and that's only from listening to it now and again on we7.

Once it gets onto my iPod...

Quick Reply