Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

WWE

Read 265436 times
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      WWE
      Jun 29, 2009 11:17:23 pm
      There is the Wrestlemania thread, but i think there should be a WWE thread in general. I've started getting into the WWE again, but i still don't think it's up to scratch. Personally, 2003 was my favourite year. Triple H and Evolution was in a feud with Goldberg and Triple H had the feud with Shawn Michaels aswell. As you can probably tell, my favourite wrestler is Triple H, but he used to be so much better when he was a 'Heel' superstar. The Bash yesterday was pretty crap, and as i stated in the Wrestlemania thread, they could have made the '3 Stages of Hell' match much more exciting. Looking forward to 'Night of Champions' next month.

BTW, how staged do you think WWE matches are? I'd like to know your opinions.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #1: Jun 29, 2009 11:18:35 pm
      Dudley Boyz v The Hardy Boyz v Edge & Christian were the days.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Jun 29, 2009 11:22:40 pm

Agreed.

Masked Kane were also the days.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 29, 2009 11:34:09 pm
      Yes, even though I was a very young lad, I used to love those matches. The ladder matches were special.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #4: Jun 29, 2009 11:45:48 pm
      Brothers of Destruction were class an all because it was me two fave wrestlers as a team.

I might have to go an put one me Smackdown games on tomorrow. Don't follow wrestling too much these days, but still buy every Smackdown game for nostalgic reasons.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 30, 2009 08:40:34 am
      Don't follow wrestling too much these days, but still buy every Smackdown game for nostalgic reasons.
      I just love playing like 4 way ladder matches with friends on the PS3. They are pretty fun games, although i do think that they aren't really improving. 'Here Comes the Pain' was such a huge leap from 'Shut Your Mouth'. But, now the games are hardly changing each year. I think they should release them every 2 years so that they have more time to improve further. They can release roster updates or something like that to continue to keep you busy until the next installment.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #6: Jun 30, 2009 11:25:00 am
      yip that was the days thats when the wwe ( wwf ) was good the late 90s early 00's the rock, stone cold, hhh, kane, china, was good like tna looking better now but if wwe could return back to its attuted eara then might start watching it more 
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 30, 2009 02:27:48 pm
      HHH is the king of kings... best wrestler of all time but a little bit wasted as a 'face' he is a heel through and through. The only problem is that he is such a legend that the crowd will cheer his every move even as a heel.. thats partly due to there not being an adequate fan favourite around at the moment. Cena just cant wrestle.. heel is the dominant way to be.. Orton, Edge, CM Punk?, .. the company needs a Stone Cold or more importantly a Rock to compete with HHH and allow him to be ultimate heel he once was.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #8: Jun 30, 2009 02:35:32 pm
      Ultimate Warrior was my personal choice. He used to rock the ring with his stage entrance!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #9: Jun 30, 2009 03:36:58 pm
      I just love playing like 4 way ladder matches with friends on the PS3. They are pretty fun games, although i do think that they aren't really improving. 'Here Comes the Pain' was such a huge leap from 'Shut Your Mouth'. But, now the games are hardly changing each year. I think they should release them every 2 years so that they have more time to improve further. They can release roster updates or something like that to continue to keep you busy until the next installment.

I thought the general manager part on Raw v Smackdown 2008 was good, don't know why they scrapped it for 09. Nothing will beat SmackDown! 2 though, that was quality.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 01, 2009 08:04:29 am
      HHH is the king of kings... best wrestler of all time but a little bit wasted as a 'face' he is a heel through and through. The only problem is that he is such a legend that the crowd will cheer his every move even as a heel.. thats partly due to there not being an adequate fan favourite around at the moment. Cena just cant wrestle.. heel is the dominant way to be.. Orton, Edge, CM Punk?, .. the company needs a Stone Cold or more importantly a Rock to compete with HHH and allow him to be ultimate heel he once was.
      Yes, exactly. He's a waste as a 'face' wrestler. There aren't as many face superstars as there were 5 years ago. Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio was better, Shawn Michaels. One of my other favourite wrestlers used to be Kurt Angle. I just wish he hadn't gone over to TNA.

Here's the interview regarding his WWE departure:
      Kurt Angle RAW About WWE
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 27, 2009 01:41:08 am
      The Night of Champions has started. If anyone wants to watch it, here's the link:
      http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch4.html
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #12: Jul 27, 2009 01:42:01 pm
      Thanks just 12 hours late ;D

Just seen the Matches that god at last Jeff won the Belt and not lost it in the space of 2mins  What the hell is the big show got on  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2009 02:26:32 pm by scottish lfc fan »
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #13: Jul 27, 2009 04:29:16 pm
      Legion of Doom vs Ax, Smash & Crush vs the Hart Foundation.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14: Jul 27, 2009 04:38:02 pm
      Seen it last night, was ok so it was
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #15: Jul 28, 2009 06:31:21 am
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #16: Jul 28, 2009 06:29:48 pm
      Good Good ;D

Getting a bit Peed of with this Orton HHH Storyline and Cm Punk Hardy ive started watching Tna looking better but hundreds of ex wwf wwe
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 10:07:45 am by Bpatel »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #17: Aug 04, 2009 03:47:06 am
      Orton HHH is the stalest thing of all time. best person on Raw atm is Jack Swagger I think. CM Punk is actually the best thing in WWE right now too =D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Aug 04, 2009 05:36:38 am
      CM Punk is crap mate with all his Religious BS...blah blah blah.

Loved The Shaq as the guest referee the other day...can't wait to see this weeks with one of my favorite actors Jeremy Piven aka Ari Gold from Entourage on it.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 04, 2009 01:04:07 pm
      Orton HHH is the stalest thing of all time. best person on Raw atm is Jack Swagger I think. CM Punk is actually the best thing in WWE right now too =D
      THB, I don't like CM Punk at all, and his rivalry with Jeff Hardy is just sh*te. I'm liking this Dolph Zigler character though. He reminds me of Kurt Angle a little bit. 
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 04, 2009 10:36:53 pm
      Zigler and Punk are so annoying,what makes the show are people like Cena,HHH AND Orton.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 04, 2009 10:49:37 pm
      Smackdown has gone rapidly down hill since Edge's injury. Edge is the the man on Smackdown and I think this CM Punk plot is a joke. He does not have the personality that Edge has. Edge comes out and the fans react. CM Punk comes out and its like oh its you. Lets go for a p*s* while he's talking. The man is BORING. The only thing he has that is worth watching is his finisher. The GTS is an awesome move but CM Punk needs a new angle. His character is boring. Sooner the Rated R Superstar returns the better!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22: Aug 06, 2009 08:08:12 pm
      You are not meant to like CM Punk =D thats the beauty of it :P. Jeff Hardy has not signed a new contract apparently... So expect him to be gone soon

Quick Reply