Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

WWE

Read 268808 times
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #1633: Aug 01, 2013 11:12:18 pm
      He's "The People's Champ" now apparently although I don't think WWE will allow him to say that. They already have Rampage on the roster and Tito ain't going cheap for Viacom... Bellator will be down the toilet in 2 years tops

It's a shame but once there off the UFC roster it's pretty tough. Not a WWE fan personally but Lesner did the organisation proud with his MMA showings, is he back wrestling?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1634: Aug 02, 2013 08:14:52 am
      It's a shame but once there off the UFC roster it's pretty tough. Not a WWE fan personally but Lesner did the organisation proud with his MMA showings, is he back wrestling?

Yea he is, he got diverticulitus in his stomach so couldn't compete in MMA anymore
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1635: Aug 08, 2013 05:06:15 pm
      Is it me or does the NXT wrestling look more brutal, and just, better than WWE? Some of those moves are nasty
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1636: Aug 14, 2013 03:06:59 pm
      Ambrose vs RVD on the SummerSlam pre-show?! That match will definitely be one of the best on the night. Not surprising considering RVD will not be taking the title from Ambrose, they wouldn't want him to look weak on the actual card I guess.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1637: Aug 15, 2013 02:58:09 pm
      Darren Young just came out of the closet. Fair play to him, first ever gay WWE superstar.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1638: Aug 19, 2013 12:58:39 am
      Missed the pre-show cos I was playing GTA: San Andreas. (went back to me youth didn't I?)

Anyway, what happened between Ambrose and Van Dam?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #1639: Aug 19, 2013 12:28:24 pm
      Well....

Possibly the best PPV I've ever seen, didn't think that much of the other matches, but Punk/Lesnar and Bryan/Cena, were awesome entertainment!

But WTF happened at the end of Bryan/Cena!?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1640: Aug 19, 2013 12:43:00 pm
      But WTF happened at the end of Bryan/Cena!?
      Was thinking that myself when I woke up to see Randy Orton as Champion :laugh:

Had to rewatch it to see what the F**k happened.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1641: Aug 19, 2013 12:44:07 pm
      Dissapointed they took the belt off Bryan straight away. I like Orton and hes been off the top of the mountain for too long.

But they could have done the hhh turn and Orton cash in a ppv or 2 down the line...maybe at ss for another screwjob story.

Bryan was superb last night and cena put him over clean. Bryan and the crowd should have been able to enjoy that moment. And Bryan had F*cking deserved that moment.

I can only hope he will get the run he deserves down the line. The rematch will no doubt be at the next ppv.

The mitb ladder match had six babyfaces in it so ive no problem with orton turning....he works better as a heel anyway.

They have some storyline questions to answer tonight as to why hhh turned. Maybe they will use the real arguement he and bryan had backstage a few months back and work that into the story.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1642: Aug 19, 2013 03:38:24 pm
      SummerSlam was great.

The WWE is on a proper roll now. 10 years ago we were just entering the worst period of wrestling in my lifetime, a lot of people turned away from it but for the last two to three years it's getting back to such an enjoyable product.

Kane v Wyatt to open the night was quality. It got everyone buzzing straight away. We don't see fire matches that often so when we do it's even more special. The match itself wasn't great unfortunately but that didn't make it hard to watch. Harper and Rowan constantly trying to get in the ring was a good story. The kendo stick going on fire I thought could of had more of a role to play but it didn't so never mind. The end with Bray picking up the win, then Harper and Rowan squashing Kane's head in between the steps was great.

Cody Rhodes against Damian Sandow was another good match. I am worried how they're booking Sandow, given he's the one with the briefcase. Constantly having him lose isn't gonna do much for him when he finally does cash in but it was one of the matches where the babyface Rhodes was always gonna win. I didn't like the fact that they've had Cody shave off his muzzy. If they want him to get over as a babyface, then having the crowd chant "Cody's Mustache" was one of the ways to do it. Still though, a good solid match between two of the future WWE main eventers. Good win for Cody.

Del Rio against Christian delivered big time. Del Rio might not be much on the mic but F**k me he can go in the ring and this is coming from a man who doesn't really wanna see Del Rio because he bores me. But he can, and does, deliver some great matches. Christian is a solid, seasoned veteran now who knows how the business works. He sold the shoulder injury perfectly. Hit all the right moves at the right time. Del Rio retaining means he'll be once again be on the next pay-per-view in the World Heavyweight Title match. I think he's been in every World Heavyweight Title match at pay-per-view in 2013. The feud, whoever it's with, won't be much but the match should be good.

Natalya against Brie Bella was as much about Total Divas as the match itself which I don't like if I'm honest. If they wanna make the Divas division a good, strong, enjoyable division again then have matches of this quality but actually enjoy the match rather than shamelessly plugging the new show at every opportunity as well. The match was good and further proof that there is quality in the women of the WWE. Natalya won eventually by making Brie submit to the sharpshooter. That's always a good move to see isn't it?

CM Punk against Lesnar was just amazing. The story they sold was excellent throughout, Heyman's constant involvement was exactly what it should of been, the no DQ stipulation added just that little bit of extra edge. Both men gave it all they had and the crowd were so pro-Punk it was unreal. I know a lot of wrestling fans who love Lesnar, but the LA crowd were all rooting for Punk. And after high profile defeats to Rock and Taker already this year, I was sure Punk was gonna go over Lesnar but unfortunately not. Brock hit the F-5 on a steel chair and that was all she wrote. Despite losing the match, Punk still got a standing ovation when he left the ring. It was just a great match from start to finish. With Night of Champions coming up next, I can see Punk going against Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental Title for a couple of reasons. 1) it gets Punk on the show as I don't think he'll be in the WWE Title match and two it keeps the Punk/Heyman feud going as well.

The mixed tag match I said I didn't wanna see back in July.

Backstage we see Ziggler kicking AJ to the curb. Full fledged babyface run now and a rather obvious Langston v Dolph feud set up. As long as we don't end up with the mixed tag match of Ziggler & Kaitlyn against Langston & AJ at any point on RAW I'll be happy (ish). If it's on SmackDown then fine, I don't watch that. Just not on RAW please.

OK so it didn't happen on RAW...it happened at SummerSlam instead but it still delivered F***ing big time. It had the difficulty of following Punk/Lesnar and preceding Cena/Bryan. So to still put on a great match in between those is some going. Ziggler will always deliver in my opinion, Langston looks to be a star in the making and the two girls, Kaitlyn and AJ, are on a roll of great matches with each other. They work so well together and that spear by Kaitlyn on AJ outside the ring just before Ziggler picked up the win was F***ing brilliant. I hope this is the end of the mixed tag matches between these four, but not singles matches between them because there's a lot more to give in this feud. Was surprised Layla didn't make an appearance though.

Bryan against Cena was unbelievable. It was one of those matches where the crowd were so pro-Bryan they didn't need the "lets go Cena, Cena sucks" chants it was just a case of "Daniel Bryan" which I'm always more of a fan of. There was loads of other chants throughout the match as well of course. You could see Cena trying to prove a point by going for some more unusual moves. When they were in the corner and Bryan was upside down, I did honestly think Cena had botched it completely and dropped him on his head, luckily it didn't seem to bother Bryan. Bryan winning cleanly was the biggest surprise. I didn't get the whole Cena roughly spinning Bryan round just to shake his hand though, if you're gonna do it either then roughly spin him round, hit him with the AA and turn heel or just graciously wait to shake his hand. Anyway, the whole shaking of his hand was just the WWE wanting to once again show how great Cena is as a human being.

The ending of Triple H turning on Bryan, hitting the pedigree and allowing Orton to cash in was great in my opinion...if, and only if, it leads to Evolution reforming. But this time with Triple H playing the role Flair played first time round, Orton playing the role Triple H played and one or two of the up and coming stars playing the roles Orton and Batista did first time round.

All in all it was a F***ing great SummerSlam.

Money In The Bank was great, SummerSlam was great and up next is Night of Champions where every championship is defended therefore almost certainly gonna be great. That will be followed up by the first ever Battleground ppv, which happens to be in New York so the crowd will make that great before Hell in a Cell, Survivor Series and TLC to end the year. The WWE can really gain a lot of momentum over the next few months leading up to WrestleMania 30.

Exciting times ahead.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1643: Aug 19, 2013 06:43:53 pm
      Great Recap as always DLS.  That Punk v Brock match was incredible.  As was the Cena v Bryan / Orton cash in. 

BTW the Pre show deserved it's pre show status.  Only because of Dean Ambrose.  RVD carried him along for the whole match.  Ambrose doesn't sell any move well.  Van Dam was awesome though.  Got a great pop from the crowd.  Midway through the match Van Dam is up on the top rope, about to hit one of his high flying moves, The Shield intro hits, Rollins and Reigns come down through the crowd (Getting really old that).  Then Mark Henry and Big Show come out to even up the numbers.  The Shield are enraged.  How dare they come out to have a fair fight?

Van Dam continues to carry the match.  Hits his signature , is going for the pin to win the title....Reigns delivers his spear.  Ambrose DQ'd, retains the title.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #1644: Aug 24, 2013 06:22:14 pm

The WWE is on a proper roll now. 10 years ago we were just entering the worst period of wrestling in my lifetime, a lot of people turned away from it but for the last two to three years it's getting back to such an enjoyable product.

What? That 2003-2004 period was my the best period ever IMO. Evolution was my favourite faction and heel Triple H was my favourite wrestler. Been watching some of the Raws and PPVs from that time and it is much better than WWE at the moment (minus the last week).

I was absolutely ecstatic when Triple H and Randy Orton turned heel. Really enjoyed Raw as well. Best one since CM Punk's famous shoot.

That Punk-Lesnar match was also incredible. Watched it with someone who hadn't seen any wrestling since 2003. Brock Lesnar was his favourite back then and he thought wrestling was awful until he saw that match. He was really surprised.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1645: Aug 27, 2013 01:13:47 pm
      I'll give a full review on RAW after I've rewatched it but I've gotta say that AJ promo was F***ing quality on all of the divas division.

I'm not sure if was worked or a shoot, if it was worked then somebody needs to tell the Bella twins to shut the F**k up when somebody is cutting such a great promo. Also tell the commentators to big it up even more if it was a work. If it was a shoot, and the way JBL said AJ spoke some truths, makes me half believe it was, then it was even better by AJ. She said it as it is.

She, almost singlehandedly, has made the divas' division worth watching again.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #1646: Aug 27, 2013 01:20:21 pm
      I'll give a full review on RAW after I've rewatched it but I've gotta say that AJ promo was F***ing quality on all of the divas division.

I'm not sure if was worked or a shoot, if it was worked then somebody needs to tell the Bella twins to shut the F**k up when somebody is cutting such a great promo. Also tell the commentators to big it up even more if it was a work. If it was a shoot, and the way JBL said AJ spoke some truths, makes me half believe it was, then it was even better by AJ. She said it as it is.

She, almost singlehandedly, has made the divas' division worth watching again.
      How come I miss these promos every time? I've just watched the first half hour or so of WWE, and it was all about HHH, Orton and DB
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1647: Aug 27, 2013 03:53:37 pm
      Epico and Primo aka Los Matadores looks a nice prospect. They, along with The Shield, Wyatt Family, Usos, Prime Time Players, Real Americans, etc, are all shaping up the tag team division nicely. Many of those teams could put on high paced matches with the long missed tag team spots like the match we witnessed between at Money in the Bank. Here's hoping a real heel team comes along that can cut a Edge and Christian like promo and get some real interest in the division the way AJ did last night.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1648: Aug 28, 2013 04:40:02 pm
      Just rewatched RAW and it was every bit as good as I thought it was.

We start the night with Triple H coming to the ring to the sound of King of Kings. I actually love how they've gone back to that music for his current heel role as opposed to his usual "Game" theme music. The Shield are standing on guard outside the ring again. The COO then tells us that what happened at SummerSlam was just business but the beatings that Bryan has taken since have been personal because of the way Bryan spoke to Stephanie.

Orton is then introduced to the ring and is still "the face of the WWE". I'm glad to say that given Orton's public wish to be a heel, he's grabbed this opportunity with both hands. He's making the most of it thankfully. And Triple H is always a great heel. Triple H gives Orton a car as a prezzie for being champ.

Bryan then comes onto the ramp. He rips into both Orton and Triple H. He goes onto thank the fans for believing in him, he thanks Cena for giving him the chance to fight at SummerSlam for the WWE Title and he finally thanks Triple H for showing his true colours at SummerSlam. He then claims he's gonna win back the WWE Title at Night of Champions to which Triple H mocks by singing "When You Wish Upon A Star".

It's all just great. It's the perfect good versus evil storyline that the WWE is famous for. There's the evil boss and hand picked champion against the fans' hero who we all wanna see overcome the odds and become champion. What's not to like? It's great. And to top it off Triple H has made a gauntlet match for later on tonight for Bryan against the Shield. First Rollins, then Ambrose, then Reigns.

Quick recap of the Punk/Heyman feud. And confirmation that tonight Punk will face off against Curtis Axel but there's a "vote" on the WWE app (they still have that just in case you forgot during their million mentions of it during any WWE showing) for the stipulation regarding Heyman. It's a) Heyman is banned from ringside or b) Heyman is the special guest ref or c) Heyman must get in the ring with Punk, should Punk defeat Axel. Oh I really wonder which one the WWE "universe" will vote for. And Jerry Lawler's sh*t joke of "I hope to SEE your votes" didn't make it anymore worthwhile anybody voting. It's all rigged these votes. Anyway, moving on.

Our first match for the night is Cody Rhodes against Fandango with Damian Sandow on commentary. Like most of Fandango's matches, it's worth watching for Mrs Fandango (Summer Rae). The match is quickly interrupted though with Miz, dressed in Fandango's gear, dancing at the top of the ramp with Rosa Mendes. Obviously now Primo and Epico are now Los Matadores they need something else to do with Rosa and dancing around with another pointless member of the roster like Miz is the way to go about it. (apparently)

Anyway, Brad Maddox comes out and is great in making a tag team match between the four men. He says "I'm sure you can work it out, but just in case you can't it's Cody Rhodes and the Miz against Damian Sandow and Fandango." Simple but cos it's Maddox I find it funny. He's probably my best non-wrestling figure at the moment. First GM I've actually enjoyed for some time.

The match is nothing but filler really to extend the feuds between Sandow and Rhodes as well as Miz and Fandango but it''s not the worst match you'll see. Fandango does a runner though and leaves Sandow on his own who is then pinned by Miz. As Sandow is the next World Heavyweight champion (probably) and Rhodes is a future main eventer just waiting for the push, I really hope this is the last time we see Fandango and especially the Miz in the same ring as them. My prediction for Night of Champions is Miz and Fandango have a dance off.

Back to the "vote" on Heyman's involvement in tonight's match.

Quick vignette on Los Matadores. Gotta give them a chance to be this team rather than just calling them Primo and Epico.

Then Christian is backstage giving an interview before being interrupted by Orton. Few crossed words between the two and now we have a match for later on tonight between the two. Christian is obviously the next man on Orton's hate list.

More plugging of another app...the tout app this time.

Punk then tells us, during the break, that he wants his hands on Paul Heyman while in the locker room Heyman is playing the sh*t scared character he does so well and Axel is trying to calm him down by saying Punk won't beat him. These two are great together in my opinion. Heyman shitting himself like nobody else can, Axel playing the cocky, over-confident heel. Great.

The actual match between Punk and Axel was very entertaining as you'd expect. Punk won it of course but not before Axel had shown some of his qualities and he actually dominated the match for large periods. Heyman watched from the top of the ramp for the most part as well. It was a good match and then Punk hit the GTS and got the victory which therefore meant Heyman had to get in the ring with Punk because, as unexpected as it might sound, the WWE "universe" voted for option C. I really thought that they'd have chosen Heyman to be the special guest referee. Ah well never mind I suppose.

Heyman tried to run away only to be dragged into the ring by security and just as Punk was about to unleash on him, Axel hit a low blow to Punk. He then went onto handcuff Punk but The Best In The World still fought back until he was hit by a steel chair in the back by Axel. He then handed Heyman a kendo stick who exploded on Punk. Screaming at him every time he struck the helpless Punk. "I loved you", "I fathered you", "I burdened myself for you". Heyman was fantastic here. For some reason, some dickheads in the crowd were chanting "boring". It was anything but that. It was perfect. And then we saw blood dripping off the back of Punk, just made it even better for me.

Following this we got Brie Bella against Natalya in a rematch from SummerSlam. For some reason the Funkadactals were at ringside for Natalya while that Eva Marie bird was with Nikki Bella outside the ring. Oh yeah and Jojo was guest ring announcer. Ah sh*t it's just hit me why. This wasn't a wrestling match, it was a plug for Total Divas, only on the E Network right Michael Cole? Their match at SummerSlam was alright, this one was painful to watch. I said it in me review of SummerSlam, let them have good matches, talk about the good matches and people will pay attention to the Divas division again. Have sh*t matches, talk about the reality show instead of the wrestling and people won't bother with it.

It was all about Total Divas, not the match so I doubt it does mean anything that the Bella won.

Then the Divas division was saved by arguably the greatest promo by any female in the history of wrestling. Still don't if it was a work or shoot but whatever it was, somebody still needs to tell the Bella twins to shut the F**k up. Just because you're shagging the top two babyfaces in the company, doesn't give you the right to be a total c**t while somebody is cutting a promo as good as AJ was on Monday.

And for those who didn't see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04nWFXE41pQ

It just gets better every time I see it.

Following this was RVD against Del Rio with the stipulation that should Van Dam win he will challenge for the World Heavyweight Title at Night of Champions. Well there's the ending of the match revealed straight away. So yeah RVD won.

I still don't get his connection with Ricky Rodriquez other than it propels him into a feud with Del Rio and the World Heavyweight Title picture. Some turnaround though isn't it? Fail to capture the US Title on the pre-show of SummerSlam and be rewarded with challenging for the second biggest prize in the company.

It's as expected though with Del Rio, the feud isn't interesting. I said as much in me review of SummerSlam that whoever he went up against wouldn't have a great feud but the match would be good and I think that's exactly what's gonna happen here. Two average mic workers in Del Rio and Van Dam won't have much to ignite interest but the match should be decent with two good wrestlers.

Back from the break and we get a recap of Cena and how the op on his elbow went. Every time I see that elbow from last week's RAW, it amazes me that he could perform at SummerSlam with it. It looks F***ing nasty. And big respect to Cena for performing at SummerSlam. Love him or loathe him, that was deserving of respect. I just hope though when he returns in a few months it isn't to save the WWE from Orton and Triple H. That's too predictable.

We then get Ryback backstage bullying Josh Matthews. Gotta say, I love this gimmick for Ryback. It suits him and he genuinely comes across like he's enjoying the role. I hope they step it up a bit further now and start letting him bully some of the smaller lads on the roster.

A tearful and scornful Heyman has a few harsh words for Punk as does Curtis Axel as they leave the arena. I can't remember the name of the blonde bird conducting the interview but she is fit. Heyman was great here again.

Then Christian against Orton and this match was F***ing brilliant. As I said during the SummerSlam review, Christian is a seasoned veteran now who knows how the business works. He's taken over the mantle from Jericho as the old guard man who you can rely on to give great matches. And again, I'm happy to see Orton really giving it his all with this heel push. He wanted it, he got it, now he has to make it work. And so far he's doing just that.

Orton won with an RKO but I'm fine with that, they have to make the WWE champion look strong and I'm also happy that Orton did it on his own. I hate when they make a heel champion a shitbag who always relies on others helping him win. Thankfully they had Orton win cleanly on his own. They understand that the WWE champion needs to look strong, they just haven't realised that the other champions do as well.

Then Bryan appears on the titantron and cuts a near perfect promo. I've often wondered if his mouth can back up his in-ring work ability to push him to the super stardom he's destined for. So far it's looking like he can. He's not there yet, obviously, but he's getting there I'm pleased to say. And more importantly, he's a wrestler so I don't think he'll be F***ing off for a couple of months here and there to do a film. He'll always be here to wrestle. The spray painting of "yes" all over Orton's new car was great and funny. Isn't this the second time Orton's had a new car vandalised on the day he got it? I seem to remember Legacy getting him a car that got fu**ed over but I can't remember who by.

Anyway, Triple H arrives on the scene and orders Brad Maddox to tell the entire locker room to be on the ramp tonight to watch what happens to Daniel Bryan. Oh yeah and if anybody dares to help Bryan, they will be fired on the spot by Triple H.

Next is Titus O'Neill (with Darren Young) against Jack Swagger (With Zeb and Cesaro). Not much of a match, weren't on long enough but Titus won. I hope they're not pushing the Prime Time Players again just because Darren Young has admitted to being gay. I hope they're getting the push on merit. Swagger and Cesaro could be a great tag team though but for whatever reason the WWE just can't get behind them. Swagger has failed when pushed unfortunately and Cesaro was given nothing to do when he was US champ. I thought this team would rejuvenate both but clearly not. I suppose it's making something of a better tag team division though. Hopefully the Uso's don't get forgot about and remain on telly over the new few weeks as well.

Wyatt family promo...where are they tonight? It seems like the writers had an idea for them but can't get them on telly every week to put in action. Disappointing that this has sort of stuttered along.

Recap of the Orton/Triple H/Bryan feud.

Punk storms into Maddox's office to be told he's got a match at Night of Champions against Axel and Heyman. Surely, somehow this has to be for the Intercontinental Title as at Night of Champions every championship is defended. Looking forward to this match though.

Roster makes it's way on to the ramp ahead of the Bryan v Shield gauntlet match. (another vignette of Los Matadores is played as well)

That blonde bird again asks Show, Ziggler and Miz about how they feel about the match and Triple H's actions but they all remain quiet as they're scared of getting fired. (What happened to Show's iron clad contract like?)

Bryan beats Rollins in another great match between these two. They're F***ing brilliant together. That top rope German suplex by Bryan was sheer quality. He beat Ambrose via DQ and the match with Reigns hardly got going due to interference from Ambrose. The Shield then continued the beat down on Bryan while the roster watched on, Triple H standing there intimidating them all.

Orton comes out and hits an RKO on Bryan. Getting a pat on the back from Triple H. Triple H then parting the waves (the roster) with his hands was cockiness, arrogance and complete control at it's best. I love heel Triple H.

All in all a belting RAW. If they can keep up this level of quality then we're in for a real treat over the next couple of weeks, months and hopefully years and beyond.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1649: Sep 04, 2013 07:24:25 pm
      Another good RAW. I'm loving the whole Triple H abuse of power angle, it's actually adding relevance to the rest of the card as opposed to just the WWE Title. His main work is centering around Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton for the top prize but you'd expect that. But his bullying of others like Big Show, Ziggler and Rhodes is giving the whole product some importance for once.

Show starts, once again, with Triple H in the ring. He introduces us to "the Face of a company" Randy Orton. Orton then talks about about Bryan defacing his new car last week which is why Orton defaced Bryan on SmackDown. He also plays the yes/no game with the crowd. It all centered around Orton and Triple H wanting Bryan to give up his shot at the WWE Title at Night of Champions as well as Daniel Bryan being WWE champion isn't "best for business" (that was the phrase of the night by the way)

Bryan comes out, has the fans eating out of the palm of his hand like only a few ever have. I'd go as far to say he's the most over WWE wrestler since the days of The Rock in his prime - in terms of crowd participation that is. Bryan tells Orton that he (Orton) has never been told he can't do anything, he's just had everything handed to him, including the WWE Title whereas Bryan has had to fight for everything he's achieved. He also tells Orton that he doesn't think he can beat Orton but he knows he can. Also had a few words for Triple H.

The COO replied in his patronising best though. Calling Bryan an angry little troll. He said his anger was misdirected and it should be aimed at the Big Show who, despite his iron clad contract, has just stood by with a tear in his eye and allowed the punishment of Bryan to continue. Therefore, tonight's main event is Bryan against Big Show.

We then get a quick recap of the Heyman/Punk feud. This is another feud I'm loving. And given that the match at Night of Champions is now a handicap elimination match, I'm almost half expecting a new Paul Heyman "guy" to appear to save him getting the arse kicking he's due.

Backstage, Cody Rhodes bumps into Triple H and Orton. Rhodes tries telling Triple H that Bryan versus Orton is "best for business". Triple H then decides to give Rhodes an early wedding prezzie (he's getting married apparently) by putting him in a match with Randy Orton tonight. However if Rhodes doesn't win then he'll be fired.

The opening match finally begins and it's the Miz against Fandango (w/ Summer Rae). The crowd are well into the Fandango music, they were giving it proper loads :laugh:. (oh and Summer Rae is easily the best looking bird on the WWE roster). Miz ends up legit breaking Fandango's nose and picking up the win via a very sloppy figure four. It still looks F***ing sh*te every time Miz tries it. It's a feud that hasn't got anything about it - hopefully this is the end of it.

Another quick recap of Punk and Heyman.

After the break and Booker T (didn't even know he was still around) is telling Daniel Bryan to consider giving up his WWE Title shot at Night of Champions. The whole segment loses any credibility when Bryan goes "tell me you didn't just say that". I just thought that was a cheap way of trying to get a laugh in, what is meant to be, a serious situation. Booker goes on to tell Bryan that the McMahon's and Triple H could break Bryan's career. Bryan still refuses to listen and insists on going through with the match.

A third recap within half an hour of the Punk/Heyman feud. I know I said I'm loving it but that's a bit much isn't it?

Next match and it's "The Showoff" Dolph Ziggler going one-on-one against a mystery opponent. Before the match could start though Dean Ambrose attacked Ziggler from behind. Telling him that he should "learn respect for the business". That has to be leading to a match between the two of them for the US Title. Ziggler's opponent turned out to be Ryback who won the match quite easily. I'd love to see Ryback in the new Corporation. His bullying gimmick is a perfect fit for it.

Triple H is back on our screens, this time in Brad Maddox's office with the RAW GM and his wife Steph. Maddox informs us that Big Show is refusing to fight against Bryan, Steph says she'll deal with it. Maddox tells Steph where Big Show's changing room is but that's not how she "rolls". This is gonna be public.

Quick reminder that Los Matadores are on their way.

Then it's Steph in the ring where she tells us that Big Show was his mate when she was growing up in the "business". She then tells everyone some home truths about Show being broke and likely to die earlier because giants medically don't live longer. She goes onto to tell Show that he has no choice to fight because there's not much call for Big Show anywhere else in the world. Steph tells him he should do what's best for his family and fight Bryan. She leaves, after giving Big Show a unfriendly looking hug, and he's left in the ring trying his best to cry.

Backstage, Show goes on the rampage throwing everything in his way against the wall. Throwing an old skool paddy.

Next match is the Prime Time Players against Slater and Mahal of 3MB. The King made me piss at this point "if you get an email saying you've won 2 free tickets to see 3MB don't open it because inside is 2 free tickets to see 3MB." :lmao:. The fans are doing the millions of dollars dance as well, last few weeks the Prime Time Players have gotten proper over. Titus picked up the win and they continue to impress. They've gotta be the number one contenders for Reigns and Rollins now. The match was actually quite good I'm pleased to say.

Reminder that Rhodes is fighting for his career against Orton later on.

Heyman is in the office of Brad Maddox and is apparently not feeling too good and it's all Brad's fault. All because Brad allowed the WWE "universe" to decide Heyman's fate last week and now at Night of Champions, Punk will get his hands on Heyman and therefore we'll see the end of Paul Heyman. Triple H comes back on our screens once more to tell Heyman he approved of the match. And informs Heyman that whatever happens at Night of Champions, whether that's Punk giving him an arse kicking or Heyman managing to weasel his way out of it again, Triple H wins. And that's what's "best for business".

Creepy video footage from the Wyatt Family. (I'm really disappointed that given the hype they gave this angle, they're unable to get them live on telly week in week out)

That's followed up by Orton ending the career of Cody Rhodes. It was a great match and Rhodes proved once again he can hang with the best in the business but then again he and Orton have always had great matches with each other. I don't know where they're going with Rhodes. If the break is just for his wedding and honeymoon, it'll be interesting to see how they get him back on telly. (his bird is a bit of alright by the way). Triple H is once again on our screens to do the firing of Cody.

And at long last we get the CM Punk response to last week's actions. He's carrying the kendo stick. It's not one of his best promos if I'm honest. He says he's done with talking then bangs on for another 5 minutes.

Big Show and Bryan are backstage. Big Show is still trying to get out of his match with Bryan. I'm really failing to see why this is such a big issue for Show. I get he doesn't wanna see the abuse Triple H, Orton and the Shield have dished out on Bryan but why he's crying over a match is just stupid. Bryan tells him that he wants the match and he's gonna win.

Next is Natayla, Brie Bella and the ugly one of the Funkadactals fighting it out to determine the number one contender for AJ. Speaking of which, AJ was on commentary. The match doesn't get a conclusive finish as AJ interferes and then all three of the birds decide to jump her. The other Total Divas "stars" are at ringside during the match as Michael Cole is only too happy to tell us. They better not take the title off AJ at this point that's my only point on this match as there was nothing else to speak of.

Another quick video of Los Matadores. Just get on with the debut la.

Then it's World Heavyweight Title number one contender RVD (w/ Ricky Rodriquez) against World Heavyweight Title MITB briefcase holder Damian Sandow. And of course RVD wins with yet another loss chalked against Sandow. I'm almost beginning to think that holding the briefcase is a curse rather than a privilege. The match was alright and showed these two could have a feud although Sandow would piss all over Van Dam on the mic. Five Star Frog Splash was enough for the win. I think Del Rio turned up somewhere during the match as well.

The three birds who fought earlier on are asking Steph who the number one contender is - Steph makes it a fatal four instead. Although it stacks the odds against AJ, I think it makes it easier for them to actually give AJ the win. I hope so at least.

Cody is collared as he's leaving the arena asking him how he feels. He says for twenty years the McMahon's have hated the Rhodes family. His dad was a hall of famer and the WWE put him in polka-dots and told him to dance. His brother was a second generation star and the WWE put him in gold paint and he's never been the same since. He then left.

We then got our main event between Show and Bryan. Bryan was going for it, Big Show kept trying to prevent it. Saying he didn't wanna do this. Just get on with the match Show, this is the bit I'm not understanding. Is Big Show gonna cry over a match with everybody now? Anyway, it just went on a bit too long for my liking until Triple H was once again on our screens. Show tried leaving, Hunter ordered him back in the ring - Show refused. The Shield jumped Bryan. Steph came down and ordered Show back into the ring by telling him to think of his family. Big Show still trying his best to cry.

He's then ordered by Triple H to hit Bryan with the knockout blow. Show can't do it. Steph tells him to do it, he still struggles to until BANG a knockout right hand connects with Bryan's jaw. Show leaves the ring as Triple H and Steph pat him on the back. Orton then makes his way to the ring, places his foot on the chest of Bryan and raises the WWE Title.

All in all, I thought it was a good RAW but the ending with Big Show just dragged on too far. I like they've tried making it personal but it just didn't do it for me with Big Show. The whole angle though is boss and the whole WWE is benefiting from it. The crowd was hot as well which helps. Should be a good RAW next week ahead of Night of Champions which has the potential to be another cracking ppv for the WWE.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #1650: Sep 05, 2013 10:30:46 pm
      Triple H is without doubt the best heel of all time.

Bow down to the, bow down to The King!
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #1651: Sep 06, 2013 01:34:50 am
      Triple H is without doubt the best heel of all time.

Bow down to the, bow down to The King!

His father in law was 10x the heel he is/was.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #1652: Sep 07, 2013 01:31:25 pm
      His father in law was 10x the heel he is/was.

Vince was great but HHH was the king of heels for me. Was watching Summerslam back and it just made me think about all the times HHH has screwed people over, plus the fact that he was leader of the greatest stable of all time in Evolution. He's just a F***ing badass!
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #1653: Sep 07, 2013 02:12:53 pm
      Vince was great but HHH was the king of heels for me. Was watching Summerslam back and it just made me think about all the times HHH has screwed people over, plus the fact that he was leader of the greatest stable of all time in Evolution. He's just a f**king badass!

Fair does. I think he's very good at telling a story in the ring/ring psychology, but on the mic he bores me!

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1654: Sep 07, 2013 04:54:05 pm
      A few of my favourite heels over the years, Million Dollar Man, Mr Perfect especially w/ Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts was f'n boss as a heel and  in-ring and out and Y2J for similar reasons. Honourable mention for Rick Rude as well. A couple that failed for me are Tensai, Big Al doesn't work well on his own and U Believe T&A were greatly underappreciated & underused.  Also think Big Show as a heel is a waste,  never enjoyed his heel runs.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #1655: Sep 07, 2013 05:48:05 pm
      A few of my favourite heels over the years, Million Dollar Man, Mr Perfect especially w/ Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts was f'n boss as a heel and  in-ring and out and Y2J for similar reasons. Honourable mention for Rick Rude as well. A couple that failed for me are Tensai, Big Al doesn't work well on his own and U Believe T&A were greatly underappreciated & underused.  Also think Big Show as a heel is a waste,  never enjoyed his heel runs.

Greatest segment in the history of wrestling

Regal was one of my favourite heels, so poorly used its almost criminal.
      « Last Edit: Sep 07, 2013 05:54:31 pm by unwashedmasses »

Quick Reply