Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

WWE

Read 265397 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: WWE
      Reply #2415: Jan 27, 2015 02:37:32 pm
      As the Yanks would say, 'way to put it lightly'

Can't help but feel sorry for Cena a smidgen though

It's obvious he won't let the face part of his act drop because he'd upset all the kids out there. As a result though, he is hated on by most of the non kids

I know he's getting a few dollars for his pains but still
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2416: Jan 27, 2015 03:18:30 pm
      What's even worse is the interviews Reigns and Bryan had last night on RAW. Reigns admitted he's not the best in the ring and all that sh*t that actually matters and that he's a 'fighter'. They went through his history as if he belongs in the main event of 'Mania - basically his family ties got him that spot.

Bryan's interview was excellent. He said all the right things that would be expected of him, but he also sh*t on Reigns winning in his own subtle way. He IS the guy they should have put over. He IS a guy that people around the world know and root for. He and Brock are a match made in WrestleMania heaven and they went with a guy that was carried by his superior team mates in The Shield.

During that RAW broadcast they had Ambrose do some more comedy bits and he once again nailed it. The dude is gold the way Austin was back in the day. Let him be him ffs. Stop putting him in shitty situations. It seems like everything leading to this has protected Reigns and sh*t all over Ambrose and it should be the other way around if we're talking about who actually deserves the role they currently have.

WWE is going to get taken aback when they realise that Reigns' reaction isn't a Philly thing. It will be everywhere.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2417: Jan 30, 2015 01:15:47 am
      SmackDown is live right now. Reigns is being booed out the building and they are actually encouraging it (turning heel perhaps?). Triple H has teased a huge announcement on RAW about the WM main event.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2418: Jan 30, 2015 01:22:39 am
      Now commentary is doing everything they can to put him over. Acknowledging the boos, but trying to justify why he deserves it. Just reeks of Cena 2.0
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2419: Jan 30, 2015 06:06:15 pm
      I think a heel turn for Reigns would be "best for business" both short and long term.

In the short, it can turn Lesnar face (which was kinda teased just before the Rumble) and give him something fresh. The promo before the Rumble as well as him clearing house to end that RAW showed how good a face he can be. Heyman could turn to somebody else (possibly Rollins or maybe more logically - Reigns as he's poor on the mic). Imagine Heyman, he is the one behind the one in twenty one and one. Now he's the one behind the one who beat the one in twenty one and one.

In the long-term if Reigns is getting booed as a face, then a heel taking the title off him will be cheered. That's just daft, even by WWE standards. Why give a heel the chance of cheers? So instead turn Reigns heel, so when he drops the title it will be to a face who should be getting cheers. And if it's Bryan, it'll just amp up his applause.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2420: Jan 30, 2015 07:06:03 pm
      Easiest way to get cheers for Reigns? Have him feud with Cena ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2421: Jan 31, 2015 07:35:31 am
      So has NXT been taken off TV and stuck on the WWE Network schedule?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2422: Feb 03, 2015 02:42:32 pm
      Mizdow is left handed.

I'm always looking on telly for fellow lefties :laugh:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2423: Feb 10, 2015 04:36:47 pm
      What was the massive announcement that was going to shake the WWE to its foundations last week?

Didn't really hear anything
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2424: Feb 10, 2015 10:03:12 pm
      What was the massive announcement that was going to shake the WWE to its foundations last week?

Didn't really hear anything

It was the Seth Rollins d*ck pic ;D
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2425: Feb 10, 2015 11:42:47 pm
      It was the Seth Rollins d*ck pic ;D
      That smokin' new NXT diva though. Thanks, Seth ;)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2426: Feb 11, 2015 02:58:23 am
      That smokin' new NXT diva though. Thanks, Seth ;)

thanks to his fiance! ;D she posted it
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2427: Feb 11, 2015 01:11:28 pm
      thanks to his fiance! ;D she posted it
      Gotta Seth to thank for being such a douchebag. Taking that heel role a little seriously :laugh:

Can't wait for NXT Take Over tonight!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2428: Feb 12, 2015 10:13:05 pm
      Kevin Owens is a monster.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2429: Feb 13, 2015 12:38:58 pm
      Both scared and excited to see what happens when Zayn, Owens, Balor, Itami and Neville get promoted to the main roster.

The women's match totally stole the show at Take Over. Huge props to everyone at NXT for putting on such incredible wrestling shows. By far the best thing about WWE right now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2430: Feb 23, 2015 01:58:22 am
      Fastlane has been sh*t.

This Uso v Kidd/Cesaro team is a belter though. The Uso's are almost incapable of having a bad match at this point.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2431: Feb 23, 2015 02:00:33 am
      Kidd and Cesaro win.

Can I just reiterate how good Tyson Kidd is?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2432: Feb 23, 2015 11:13:26 am
      Well that was boring and predictable. Can't remember the last time I skipped through a pay-per-view so much.

Even in a non smarky crowd Reigns was being booed. Says a lot about him. He really has nothing going for him at all and is going to likely win the WM main event. Even The Miz deserved it more.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2433: Feb 23, 2015 11:24:09 am
      It's almost like WWE still haven't learned their lesson.  Been watching some of the early Raws from 1994 & 1995.  Luger rarely gets decent reactions, except from a few kids in the crowd, his biggest pops have come when paired with another wrestler or saving a face.  Having said that, they weren't doing great work with the heels either, Ted Dibiase's stable has lots of heat, but aren't winning anything.  I can see why this product was sinking at the time, it seems like every other week some gimmick or other is trotted out, or you get half arsed squash matches.  Reminded me of how good a moaning, whining heel Owen Hart could be and how he consistently put on solid bouts.  Always thought I may have had rose-tinted spectacles about his ability, maybe not.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2434: Feb 23, 2015 09:13:08 pm
      This is why they need to stop micromanaging the wrestlers. Dean Ambrose would be the most over guy in the company if they let him be him.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=666001560171419
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2435: Feb 23, 2015 09:45:53 pm
      Enjoyed it, though ironically enough, I fwd through the Uso's match because I'm just not interested in their feud. Ironic because it was a great match apparently

Cody Rhodes - I mean Stardust - is doing a great job as the unhinged psycho.

Fair play to Bryan v Reigns too, that was a good match though primarily down to Bryan's skill.

Sorry but, I don't see Bray Wyatt as the new face of fear - he's too cuddly looking
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2436: Feb 24, 2015 12:08:03 pm
      No sure what was worse - Bryan doing his very best to put Roman over. Again. And by doing so making himself look absolute sh*t. Look at Cena, he loses once and turns it into a positive with all his 'I'll get you next time' crap. Why does Bryan have to make himself look weak?

Or the women in WWE getting less than a minute of in ring time. If there's one thing that proves just how out of touch and ancient Vince is, it's the fact that he and his lackeys will never see any woman as equal to the men. You'd think with Steph and all her 'empower women' sh*t she'd be pushing this like crazy. Heck, even the Bella's have publicly said the wouldn't want to be called up from NXT.

Oh, and Axel is entertaining as F**k.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2437: Feb 24, 2015 12:34:00 pm
      I'm really not enjoying WWE like I used to. I used to be a huge fan of the Divas part of WWE but that's gone to pot IMO. I bet it's frustrating for the Divas because they barely get any time to show off what they can do.

Since Raw got extended by another hour all it seems to be is talking, more talking and even more talking. I think there were only two matches in the first hour or so last night.

I agree with Rush about Wyatt. I cringed when I saw him trying to do the whole fear thing and challenge The Undertaker. I find myself skipping through most of an episode of Raw these days, sick of seeing Cena's "never give up" speeches and "I'll keep going until I do defeat you" blah blah blah.

Quick Reply