Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

WWE

Read 265392 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: WWE
      Reply #2438: Feb 25, 2015 08:41:54 am
      Apparently enough was enough last night for AJ. Doubt we'll see any real changes tbh.

A.J. @WWEAJLee  ·  7 hrs 7 hours ago
      RT @StephMcMahon: Thank You @PattyArquette for having the courage to fight for #WomensRights on such a grand platform. #UseYourVoice

@StephMcMahon Your female wrestlers have record selling merchandise & have starred in the highest rated segment of the show several times,  And yet they receive a fraction of the wages & screen time of the majority of the male roster. #UseYourVoice

@StephMcMahon  ·  5h 5 hours ago
      Thank you @WWEAJLee, I appreciate your opinion.  #UseYourVoice

Vince McMahon @VinceMcMahon  ·  5h 5 hours ago
      We hear you. Keep watching.  #GiveDivasAChance
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #2439: Mar 02, 2015 07:12:27 am
      Nobody really wants to see a long divas match. They suck.

People just like complaining about the WWE. They turned the company into the biggest Heel so now people use any aspect they can complain about to hate on the company.

People use diva matches as bathroom breaks lets be real here ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2440: Mar 02, 2015 10:20:11 am
      Nobody really wants to see a long divas match. They suck.

People just like complaining about the WWE. They turned the company into the biggest Heel so now people use any aspect they can complain about to hate on the company.

People use diva matches as bathroom breaks lets be real here ;D

Most of the male matches have been atrocious as of late. It's not about women having ridiculously long matches, its about them having a decent amount of air time. Their matches last a max of like 5 minutes whereas some shocking male nobodies get given 10-15.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2441: Mar 03, 2015 02:24:27 pm
      Is it me or does Roman Reigns have zero charisma on the mic?

That skit with Rollins was painful to watch

Hopefully his cousin can teach him some moves on owning the mic

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2442: Mar 03, 2015 02:49:01 pm
      Is it me or does Roman Reigns have zero charisma on the mic?

That skit with Rollins was painful to watch

Hopefully his cousin can teach him some moves on owning the mic

You can't really teach charisma. Can only get better on the mic with some practice - like Bryan has come on leaps and bounds on the mic and is pretty great now. Difference between the two is Bryan is a genuinely likeable guy, Roman just has the looks and a couple years worth of being billed as a monster.

On unrelated news, I wonder if there will be any NXT guys being called up after 'Mania? With rumours of Uhaa Nation and Samoa Joe signing with the 'E soon, NXT is going to be stacked with talent and a few guys will likely have to be moved on.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2443: Mar 03, 2015 03:00:59 pm
      I miss NXT

After watching the rise of Neville, Owen, Zayn, and the rest I feel like WWE just kicked me out the door
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2444: Mar 03, 2015 05:11:16 pm
      Axelmania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2445: Mar 09, 2015 05:50:14 pm
      Two things they need to cut back on for me

1. These 'you can't win a title by disqualification' moves they keep pulling
      So why bother having them then? It's a weak-sauce way to get a feud going

2. Someone wins a match due to 'some type of interference'
      Again, this is a poor way of ratcheting up the feud o' meter

The real meat behind a feud is when one wrestler actually does beat another wrestler clean like. That makes interesting rivalries right there.

It's not like it's boxing, where you get to fight someone, what, 3 times max? So you lost cleanly on Monday night RAW - so what? Next week you can get to win cleanly

Sure keep the titles for pay per views, but these shenanigans they put over because their poster boy of the moment just can't be seen losing is ruining it all for me

Oh, and bring back CM Punk. Somehow
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2446: Mar 10, 2015 12:37:55 am
      WrestleMania just makes no sense this year.

Bryan is in the mid card and not even a singles match. The most over guy in the company being treated like he's nothing and for what exactly?

A guy that was pushed way too fast into the main event against a part timer that will likely be heading back to UFC.

Another match featuring a guy that hasn't wrestled in a year against a guy that is just too old now.

A stale as F**k Bray Wyatt  challenging another guy that's way past it that hasn't been seen since he looked out of his depth last time he wrestled.

Cena and Rusev will be typical CenaWinsLOL

Really don't care about anything in this year's card tbh. The only full time guys in the main matches are Wyatt and Reigns. That's just dumb.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2447: Mar 10, 2015 08:05:00 pm
      I think Bryan and Cena's matches make sense in the way that arguably the two biggest stars in the business today are challenging for mid-card titles. It gives those titles a bigger importance if top stars are going for them.

Since unifying the WWE and WCW Titles, top stars are at a loss if they're not challenging Brock. But now, Cena takes on the US champion (again)) giving that the "rub". Bryan competing for the Intercontinental Title gives that the "rub". Same way Sheamus holding the US Title did. Makes them feel more important, and if they don't win then whoever beats them is made to look a bigger star because of it - which is why Rusev should win at WrestleMania by pinning Cena cleanly.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2448: Mar 12, 2015 10:45:38 pm
      The guy making these 'Shitty Raw Recaps' is killing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zAlbzAinv4#ws
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2449: Mar 24, 2015 04:11:51 pm
      If you haven't watched it - here's Wrestling Isn't Wrestling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA#ws
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2450: Mar 24, 2015 11:48:31 pm
      Lesnar has re-signed with the WWE and confirmed his MMA career is over. They'd be stupid to not keep him champion now.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2451: Mar 29, 2015 07:07:05 pm
      PSA for anyone that isn't aware.

Just under 3 hours til the WM pre-show starts - which will include the Fatal Four-Way Tag Titles match and the Battle Royal.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2452: Mar 30, 2015 08:22:01 pm
      Quite enjoyed it all - but just can't get interested in the Divas matches.

There was a W.T.F!!! moment when HHH came out as the Terminator :f_doh: Sorry Hunter, but that was one to forget. Also, as buzzed as I was to see Sting, man he's starting to look his age.

Rock was pretty tame compared to some of the stuff he's done, but he's still entertaining.

The match between Lesnar and Reigns was boss. Lesnar is a genuine scary guy, and if he was going to lose the title, this is the perfect way to do so.

I also enjoyed the 6 way Intercontinental title fight; bodies flying all over the shop. Was happy to see Truth get a WM moment too.

Wyatt v Taker was a great match and Taker looked much better in it than the previous couple of Wrestlemanias.

Degen X, NWO, Ronda Rousey, yup, pretty much VFM

Cena v Rusev wasn't a bad match in and of itself, but the story line just didn't interest me. Orton v Rollins was pretty standard. Rollins has to be the best athlete on the roster right now though.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2453: Mar 30, 2015 10:36:28 pm
      Enjoyed every part of the show last night to be quite honest - only downside were some of the results but that's so be expected.

Ladder match was as fun and enjoyable as you'd expect. Ambrose took one hell of a ladder bump and could be used as a reason why he didn't later stop Rollins from cashing in his contract. Dude must have been picking bits of ladder out of his head for hours. Ouch.

Orton v Rollins had one hell of a finish. Knew these two would do something memorable together and they delivered what was a solid match for the build and place on the card.

They must have decided that Sting vs HHH was going to be a WWE vs WCW battle rather than just two individuals and that made the much a whole lot of fun, nostalgia wise. Reckon the entrances would have been a lot better in the dark, but that's what WWE gets for having Mania where they did.

Divas match was actually alright for what it was. For some reason I just don't see great things from the Bellas, however, as I do from Paige, AJ and most of the NXT girls. Was great that they got both AJ and Paige going over - they deserve it the most on the main roster.

Cena vs Rusev was all set up for the anti-American to FINALLY go over. But that just doesn't happen when it comes to Cena at Mania - who was being booed like crazy no matter how hard they tried to make the Russians the bad guys.

Taker was back and looked so much better than last year, but was still physically limited. Again, Wyatt needs to have been the one going over here. The dude absolutely carried the F**k out of that feud and got nothing out of it. Again.

The main event was actually really well done. Having Brock decimate Reigns like he did to Cena and to then see Reigns just be like ';D is that all you got?' was amazing to see. Reigns actually had character! Then the whole hulking up by Roman that lead to the false finish really got me. Completely forgot about Rollins by this point so him coming out took me by surprise and the show was about 2 minutes from running over as well so they cut it real close.

I really want to see Ronda Rousey in WWE in some capacity. If they somehow got her under contract, that would be F***ing incredible.

Now time for the best RAW of the year!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2454: Mar 31, 2015 01:26:38 am
      I've not watched Raw for about 3 or 4 weeks so was interested to see what some of the matches would be. First point, can Stephanie McMahon get the F**k off my screen?! I've never found somebody so irritating or cringeworthy.

I really enjoyed the PPV as a whole, there were the odd thing that I didn't like but that's to be expected in a 4 hour show. Like you said Skyline, I too had completely forgotten about Rollins and the money in the bank briefcase. Rollins coming out added something extra to the end of the match which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lesnar is a beast!

As a big fan of hers, it was good to see Ronda Rousey making an appearance. Would be great to see her on the show again at some point but it'd have to be OK'd by Dana White, the UFC President. Ronda and her agent are always professional in making Dana aware of her activities (appearances, films etc.)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2455: Mar 31, 2015 02:30:55 am
      Commentary is dead. Tonight has been anything but PG. Can we have JR back now?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2456: Mar 31, 2015 04:13:37 am
      After everything that's happened they just continue to book so horribly and were deservedly sh*t on by the crowd at the end.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2457: Apr 05, 2015 08:35:36 pm
      Thought I'd put a his here as its wrestling related, so funny!
      https://youtu.be/UkM48Kmk0yY
      http://youtu.be/UkM48Kmk0yY
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2458: Apr 05, 2015 09:23:47 pm
      WrestleMania and RAW were spot on this past week, except for RAW's main event which just went back to everything they've already done countless times over.  It wouldn't of been so bad if it weren't so F***ing obvious and if they didn't give Reigns the victory. It's the sort of match where the babyfaces were always gonna win, so give Ryback the little nod of victory. That could even set him against Rollins up further down the line. (and why have they shortened Adrian Neville's name to just Neville? That's a F***ing daft name because if you don't know about him, you don't know if it's a first or surname.)

WrestleMania, I thought was quality though somewhat predictable at times. I'd of rather seen a couple of different outcomes but the quality of wrestling was spot on.

I hope they can continue in this vein for the next few months, then get a big momentum push when Lesnar returns. The only problem is I don't want Brock winning the title again and we've seen him against Triple H (the Authority) enough times over the past couple of years. So what he's going to do upon return is a problem.

The mid-card titles are getting what they deserve, top stars competing for them, quality matches and exposure. But the top of the card isn't suffering because of it, they've still got big names and future stars up there. The debuts of "Neville" and Lucha Dragons was a breath of fresh air, both are gonna entertain.

We're in a good place if creative can keep it up!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2459: Apr 07, 2015 03:50:13 pm
      Are the part timers really that big of a deal? No Lesnar, Triple H, Sting or Rock and the show was F***ing dead. A sh*t crowd didn't help but they could hardly of been motivated by what they saw. I hope the Texas crowd for WrestleMania 32 are a bit better than the one we had last night though. The whole show was flat.

We kick off with the Authority, minus Triple H and Steph, opening the show. Seth Rollins is gold at this point. He's playing the cocky heel to perfection and I can't say enough how much I love Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury. They just crack me up. Kane and Big Show though just sucked the life out of the segment. Even with Rollins mocking Kane, there was no life in the big man. It's looking likely though we'll get another face turn from Kane. And at this point of his career Big Show should not be anywhere near the top of the card. Just imagine if the Authority took on Luke Harper and Erick Rowan as their big bullies. It'd be fresh and possibly even more exciting.

Anyways, Orton interrupts the victory party and says he beat Rollins at WrestleMania (he did, I saw it) and wants his shot at the WWE Title. Kane says Orton will get his chance to become the number one contender in a triple threat main event against Ryback and of course Roman Reigns. But all three men would also be in singles matches before the night was out. Reigns would tackle Big Show for the millionth time...yippee. Ryback would take on Luke Harper which could be a good match. And Kane, himself, would handle Randy Orton. Didn't see that one coming.

Of course Orton, Ryback and Reigns are all gonna win but hopefully the matches will be good right? Nah.

Kane and Orton was dead, crowd didn't care and it didn't look as if either of those two did. Byron Saxton tried to care but Booker T and JBL just constantly talked over him and as if he wasn't there. They did that all night to. Orton eventually got the win via DQ when Kane hit him with a chair. That was a major injury to Orton apparently, or at leas that's how the commentary team played up to it. I reckon Orton has been hurt more when he's cut his hair but there you go.

Back from the break and Brad Maddox is sharing the screen with Kane. Brad F***ing Maddox. When was the last time he was seen? Really didn't get the point of his involvement. He fucks off after about 5 seconds and Seth Rollins comes in to berate Kane. Kane responds by booking Rollins in a match next against an unknown opponent.

The opponent we find out is the extremely talented and extremely sh*t named Neville. JBL agrees on the daft name because throughout he was calling him Adrian Neville. Bit of a confidence boost for the Geordie like to be performing against the WWE champ on just your second appearance. I felt they could of let him have a bit more offence than they did but it was a good match. Those two will have monumental feuds in the future.

Rollins won with a curb stomp and then just to prove he's a heel, he hit another after the match. This though was as good as the show got and even this was nowhere near as good as it could of been.

We head to another break. Those yanks loves the adverts don't they? We return with them plugging the Rock's new film and applauding him for going to number 1 box office. Well done Rocky! What the F**k that has to do with the current WWE programming though I'm not sure. But hey ho, they never fail to try and get some mainstream attention do they?

Back in the ring and we've got Rocky's old foe, John Cena banging on about the US Title. However he seemed to go too far on how proud he was of America rather than the US championship. The USA/Russia feud clearly isn't over. He has another open challenge for the title before his bout with Rusev at Extreme Rules.

The fact he and Rusev is already announced kinda takes away any excitement in these open challenges because Cena has already won. Anyway this time the challenge was answered by Cody "Stardust" Rhodes. And again the fans were dead. There was no chanting for Cody and even the Cena chants sounded like they were doing it out of habit.

The match was decent enough but given we all knew Cena was gonna win, it never really excited. Cena's springboard stunner is sh*t to. Stardust looked better here than he did last week when he was comfortably beaten by Mizdow. But it's another loss as well as no further development on his storyline with Goldust or Dusty Rhodes. That just got dropped.

Cena wins and is building momentum for his showdown with Rusev. The US Title is being defended and showcased to. Decent but not great.

Back from another break and we've got the Bellas against Paige and Naomi. We were told the result before the bell rang when the announcers informed us of the roll Naomi has been on. Well there's your answer, Naomi will pick up the victory for her team. I think I know what is with Booker T I can't stand to. If you're black, he thinks you're boss. Naomi is the next Divas champ in his opinion, this was before the match had started and long before Naomi even has a Divas Title match.

Anyway, it went as expected, Naomi won the match for her and Paige. The match itself was still sh*t. They may be giving the Divas more time in the ring but it just means you don't have to rush in the bog when you F**k off for a break during their matches. The fact that the most gifted out of the lot, Paige, is the one who is the afterthought in this match shows how bad it was.

After the match we get some entertainment from the Prime Time Players. This would of been better if people still cared about them and if it was in front of the live crowd rather than a recording. But they mocked the Ascension in a rather childish way. It could of been good but it felt pretty sh*t truth be told. Oh and time for another break.

Up next is Ryback against Harper. The match that could potentially be good. It wasn't. It was forced and set up for a Ryback victory without giving Harper any sort of plus from the match. Before it they bigged up his vicious streak against Dean Ambrose, so they'll probably have a match at Extreme Rules, but this one here with Ryback was F***ing useless. Even Ryback didn't come out of it looking strong. This is a fast forward part of the show if you've taped it.

New Day then have a segment backstage with Renee Young (who as always looked fit). She asked them about the negative crowd responses, so the fact WWE is mentioning it shows they're setting New Day up for a heel turn. Why they weren't heel from the start is anybody's guess. But for the time being they're still clapping because if they don't clap, they snap. Intimidating stuff that.

We then have yet another F***ing break!

After it, New Day (Woods and Big E) take on the Lucha Dragons. The New Day Sucks chants are barely heard and even the Lucha chants are muted. I think though the production team were turning the volume up in the crowd to try and make it sound deafening but when you look round not enough people are chanting to make it sound that loud, that's how I know the crowd was dead.

Kalisto remains impressive and enjoyable. There was a kick from the illegal Kingston which caused a stare from Xavier Woods then a grin, there was no mention of this though despite this being the first drops of the heel turn. Why would the commentary team talk about what we need to know? Booker continued to love New Day of course. Sin Cara picks up the victory with a swanton bomb.

Lucha Dragons against Kidd and Cesaro (who were watching from backstage with Natalya) should be an entertaining match.

Advert number 4,823 came up next. And that was followed by an equally boring match between Reigns and Big Show. They played up Big Show being the best giant ever and him winning the Andre battle royal as a means to make Reigns look stronger. The truth is though fans don't care enough about Big Show any more to make those accomplishments mean anything and the fans don't like Reigns enough any more to actually wanna see him get "big" wins like this one. If anything, people would rather see the likes of Harper and Rowan beat Reigns to show their toughness.

Reigns won of course. I can't even remember how, it was that boring.

Kane is then hassled by the Divas for a battle royal to determine who the number one contender for Nikki's title is. Kane agrees it to next week. So I guess this is where Naomi finally earns her shot. Either that or they go the route of a "surprise" victory for Brie. We then get another ear piercing feud between the Bella Twins. Oh how I've missed that!

Reigns says something to Renee Young and then Sheamus makes his way to the ring to talk about his actions upon his return. Again, about five people chant "you look stupid" and the volume is amped up. Basically Sheamus says he's a bully. Fair enough, that's a good role for him to play. Mark Henry makes his way to the ring - of course he does, we're in Texas. That's about the only time you see him these days. Sheamus beats him relatively comfortably, even by running into the ropes twice to set up a particular spot that doesn't happen because both times he stops as soon as he hits the ropes.

I was hoping we'd see Erick Rowan here. Wasn't his breakout from the Wyatt Family all about hating bullies? And on top of that, two giant gingers colliding. It's money isn't it?

More talk about Rock and Rousey.

Bray Wyatt cuts one of his recorded promos. Why they can't have him do it in the ring, I don't know. Also why he can't get a big win every now and then to make his words sound like they're impressive is beyond me. He's lost a lot of his spark already. Reunite the Wyatt Family and make them a real force. His promo resolved a lot around dedication which makes me think they're putting him back with Cena, I don't know anybody else who relies on "dedication" in their character.

Then we have the match a lot of us wanted to see, Miz v Mizdow. This should of been a big deal. It wasn't. It was your typical RAW match. Why waste such a big moment in such a sh*t way? The fact Miz cheated to win suggests the feud will go on, probably into Extreme Rules and maybe beyond but they could of scrapped this match entirely. It added nothing to the feud, the action was sh*t, the fans didn't care (though as I've said they didn't all night) and if you didn't know why these two were feuding, you'd be at a loss to know this was part of the on-going feud. You'd think it was just thrown together for both wrestlers to have something to do on the night.

Adverts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orton and Ryback are in the ring, no entrance for them. Reigns makes his way through the crowd. Nice to see WWE showing us who the star is here right? A 12 time world champ or a fella who's done F**k all? You work it out.

Of course the Authority, with Kane, get involved. Reigns jumps over the top rope onto them all in an attempt to get the fans behind him. Big move on the heels, gotta work hasn't it? Nah, still nobody cared. Big Show then hit two knock out punches on Reigns to take him out of the match and yet again furthering their feud. My god that's a boring thought. Only this time if it goes on to Extreme Rules we might get another steel steps match right? Whoopty F***ing do!

Orton is then attack by J&J. Ryback throws them off but turns right into an RKO. Orton wins. Shockingly surprising I know. F**k, we all knew this outcome as soon as the match was announced and we all knew it would be Ryback who took the fall.

Rollins hit a curb stomp as soon as the match finished to end the show standing tall.

All in all a very missable and miserable RAW. It doesn't help when you don't have Bryan, Ambrose, Ziggler, Wyatt, Rusev or Paul Heyman live in the arena. Six of the most over people they've got and none of them are there.

They're gonna have something big planned over the next few weeks to make anybody care about Extreme Rules.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2460: Apr 14, 2015 01:19:55 am
      Does Michael Cole have any idea where Preston actually is?

Quick Reply