Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

WWE

Read 265384 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: WWE
      Reply #2461: Apr 14, 2015 02:42:34 pm
      No he doesn't
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2462: Apr 20, 2015 05:17:43 pm
      I love the Prime Time Players

Genuinely funny guys

Then again I also like the Miz
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2463: Apr 27, 2015 02:26:02 am
      Extreme Rules has been a bit meh, best match, so far, was on the pre-show, Bad News vs Adrian Neville.  All the matches on the main card have seemed a little perfunctory and, if I'm honest, dull.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2464: Apr 28, 2015 11:30:30 am
      Everything is pretty boring on the main roster right now. Sandow and the Axeman getting a segment together was awesome though. Kept my interest better than anything else on the show tbh
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2465: Apr 28, 2015 12:16:12 pm
      When the two best matches on the PPV involve divas and Big Show, you're aren't doing well.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2466: Apr 30, 2015 01:52:18 pm
      Bad News Barrett is King of the Ring
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2467: May 12, 2015 04:42:38 pm
      Axelmania and Macho Mandow - Not So Mega Powers :laugh:
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2468: May 14, 2015 12:22:02 pm
      Loved the ending to NXT this week. The storytelling between Owens and Zayn is fantastic. KO not looking Sami in the eyes throughout the segment was a brilliant heel move - then dropping the ball at the end. Can't wait for Takeover!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2469: May 18, 2015 01:36:19 am
      Cesaro and Kidd should wear matching trunks in my opinion. Make them look more of a team.

They work so well together though. WWE has a good long term tag team on their hands here, so I expect them to split in the next couple of months. New Day are quite good themselves.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2470: May 18, 2015 12:40:46 pm
      Payback was actually very good I thought - with the odd disappointment here and there. But generally it was good. And I don't usually "mark out" but the Shield triple power-bombing Orton through the announce table got me.

Forget the pre-show. Two matches that meant nothing and delivered nothing.

Sheamus v Ziggler was a belter. Sheamus may be the best "big man" athlete the company has now. Always delivers in the ring and we all know how good Ziggler is. They work well together to which obviously helps. Ziggler's face looked nasty at the end after that headbutt, they should play on that on tonight's RAW. Have him wear some big F**k off bandage or plaster. I must admit I don't get the new catchphrase for Sheamus "are you not entertained". I'm expecting both of them to be in the Intercontinental Title Elimination Chamber match and at least one of them will be in the Money in the Bank match. Overall, a good opening bout.

New Day v Cesaro & Kidd was as almost as good as the Uso v Harper & Rowan two out of three falls match from last year. They have a solid tag-team division on their hands if they can get it right. Harper & Rowan reuniting is a good thing, the Uso's will be back shortly. That's at least four quality tag teams. They've also got the Lucha Dragons who are very entertaining. The Ascension, Mega Powers, Los Matordoes and Primetime Players can all do a job. So they've got the basis of a good tag team division as long as they don't cock it up. Kidd and Cesaro's chemistry is top notch. New Day are playing the heel role so well. Xavier Woods is really shining. And the cheating to get the win was perfect. Can't wait for the Tag Team Elimination Chamber match.

Ryback v Wyatt was a lot better than I expected it to be. I know both can put on great matches but they put something extra into a match that few cared about on a pay-per-view that few care about. Payback isn't a big show, it's not even on the second level. So to see Wyatt swanton off the apron in a way I'd expect Tyson Kidd to do and to see Ryback hit a frog splash off the top rope was a very nice change. And Wyatt actually winning was a pleasant view. Too often he gets into these feuds and loses.

Cena v Rusev was the first real low point of the night. The ending makes it look like Rusev wouldn't quit either and it keeps him looking somewhat strong but it's yet another young star who can't go over against Cena. I'm not sure who's gonna come to Lana's rescue in her battle with Rusev. Or where Rusev goes on from here. Probably be in the Money in the Bank match next month but won't win that either. Really sh*t match.

They followed that up with a very rushed divas tag team match. Naomi is taking on Nikki for the title at some point in the future and this match was really just setting this up. In the next two pay-per-views (Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank) they have the opportunity to showcase the divas in a way they've never done before. Possibly a divas Elimination Chamber match or some sort of ladder match at Money in the Bank (not necessarily a Money in the Bank ladder match itself though). I expect neither to happen.

Neville against Barrett was ok but not as good as they have done in the past. And a countout victory doesn't help anybody really. Fair enough it gives Neville a victory but it doesn't make him look strong. And it doesn't do much for the King of the Ring either. sh*t finish to an average match.

Main event was boss. Some may complain it was overbooked with J&J Security and Kane being involved as much as they were but I didn't feel that stopped Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns or Orton from delivering in the ring. They all looked good. As I said at the top of this post, the Shield reforming for all of two minutes was the best moment of the night. I really thought they were gonna join forces and this was how Rollins would retain. But it wasn't to be and I'm just as pleased for it to be that way as I would of been had they reunited. I'm also happy it weren't Ambrose who took the fall. Using the Pedigree was a quality little touch to.

Started great, dipped slightly in the middle, ended on a high. Overall, very good.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2471: May 20, 2015 04:31:03 pm

This was re-enforced after he fu**ed all over Cena.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2472: May 22, 2015 11:46:16 pm
      Just watched NXT Unstoppable, best divas match I've seen in years and not a bad match on the show.  Think I'll go and watch some of the NXT back catalogue.

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2473: Jun 01, 2015 02:27:05 am
      Owens goes over Cena! Never thought I'd see that tbh. Amazing match and post match promo.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2474: Jun 02, 2015 11:51:16 am
      Austin and Heyman teasing a Brock/Austin match at WM32 at the end of his podcast was intense stuff. That would be some match for Austin to bow out and in his home state no less.

Took Austin and Heyman just 5 minutes for me to be completely sold on next year's WrestleMania. Those two going at it during promos would be epic.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2475: Jun 07, 2015 08:16:44 pm
      Austin vs Lesnar... Yes please
      RedStuart91
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      • we love you liverpool
      Reply #2476: Jun 07, 2015 09:50:37 pm

Austin v Taker ?  One final match for the Deadman .
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2477: Jun 08, 2015 10:43:09 am
      Looks like we'll be seeing Lesnar return soon as he's going to be appearing at the show in Japan on July 4th.

That show is live on the Network for anyone that doesn't know and will feature a pretty stacked card. Starts 11:30am BST.

Card will probably change as Kidd is injured, but here it was initially:

WWE NXT Title Match:
      -Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens (c)

WWE Divas Title Match:
      -Paige vs. Naomi vs. Nikki Bella (c)

WWE Tag Team Title Match:
      -Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. The New Day (c’s)

-Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston

-Chris Jericho vs. Neville

-John Cena and Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane and King Barrett

-The Lucha Dragons vs. Los Matadores
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2478: Jun 11, 2015 09:34:55 pm
      RIP Dusty Rhodes

Sad news.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2479: Jun 13, 2015 12:09:14 am
      Interesting that a reliable insider has predicted a much more open MITB ladder match than I anticipated.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2480: Jun 13, 2015 01:19:25 am
      Been watching some of the back catalogue of NXT and it has worked a miracle.  Diva matches worth watching. 

Also, Regal is the best ex-wrestler commentator in WWE's employ, shame he can't get a slot on the main shows.  Having said that, I've read he loves his current role and has been a big part of NXT's success.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2481: Jun 15, 2015 01:03:32 am
      Nice touch to kick off Money in the Bank.

Said it already, but I'll say it again, RIP Dusty.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2482: Jun 15, 2015 01:08:46 am
      Starting with the Money in the Bank match?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #2483: Jun 15, 2015 01:34:12 am
      Sheamus is Mr Money in the Bank

Quick Reply