Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Nemeth Deserves a nod ahead of N'gog?

Read 8780 times
      Yawaray
      • Forum Titi Camara
      • Started Topic

• 41 posts | -2 
      Nemeth Deserves a nod ahead of N'gog?
      Jun 30, 2009 09:04:10 pm
      I am not Rafa and I strongly respect the decisions of the best coach on the planet but I strongly believe that Nemeth is far better than N'gog. Nemeth has all it takes to develop into a quality partner for Torres but Ngog can never partner Torres and would never be a quarter as good. Nemeth drops to midfield and helps to build up play with his classical backheels. What do you think about this fans? YNWA
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Nemeth Deserves a nod ahead of N'gog?
      Reply #1: Jun 30, 2009 10:11:06 pm
      Nemeth would of got the chance to get a few games in but unlucky for him he got hurt which open the door for Ngog who started slow but got better as he got more experience playing with the first team. Also the fact he went out on loan and first game got hurt which again is the last thing you want when you are trying to break into a team.
      When
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts | -5 
      Reply #2: Jun 30, 2009 10:41:17 pm
      I think that,Ngog is better play in front "Target man"
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jun 30, 2009 11:38:52 pm
      I am not Rafa and I strongly respect the decisions of the best coach on the planet but I strongly believe that Nemeth is far better than N'gog. Nemeth has all it takes to develop into a quality partner for Torres but Ngog can never partner Torres and would never be a quarter as good. Nemeth drops to midfield and helps to build up play with his classical backheels. What do you think about this fans? YNWA

Classical back heels eh. Which symphony are they?

How many times have you watched Ngog play by the way? Personally I'd like them both to be given chances. In pre season.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2009 12:30:44 am
      I've seen a few games with Ngog and I wasn't in particularly impressed with what he had to offer.

Meanwhile, before I'd even heard of David Ngog, I was monitoring how well Nemeth was doing in the reserves.  I think Nemeth has waiting long enough to be given the nod TBH.

As Kenny has said, give them both a good go in pre season.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #5: Jul 01, 2009 12:32:30 am
      I think they'll both get their chances in early and late pre season with Torres coming back later than usual. I'm looking forward to seeing how Nemeth fairs with players like Stevie, Kuyt and Torres around him.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #6: Jul 01, 2009 10:05:29 am
      Nemeth is a class act.

But you're comparing oranges with apples. Different players, different roles. Maybe Nemeth can be back-up to Gerrard, but Ngog has the attributes to stand in for Torres.

Also, we've only seen Nemeth in the reserves. Ngog has three first team goals, at a good per-minute rate.

Did you see Ngog's reserve game against Newcastle towards the end of last season? He tore them to bits, was superb. But you're comparing what you know about Nemeth from the reserves to what has been seen of Ngog in the first team.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #7: Jul 01, 2009 12:30:15 pm
      i think that nemeth is a good foward i would like to see him play a bit more in the first team try to blood more youth players into the first team like they have done with darby,spearing,insua  also Daniel Pacheco  was playing some pre season games last term would like to see him a bit more
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #8: Jul 01, 2009 03:54:22 pm
      I believe Nemeth deserves his chance. I've seen some videos of him on youtube(yes, I know they only put the good stuffs in) and he is a good player.

He seems more of a runner than N'gog to me. I can imagine Nemeth racing on to a through ball taking on a defender but I can't imagine that with N'gog.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #9: Jul 01, 2009 07:49:19 pm
      N'Gog needs to go on loan somewhere in England imo... Give Nemeth his chance
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2009 10:54:10 pm by MsGerrard »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Jul 01, 2009 08:09:49 pm
      N'Gog needs to goon loan somewhere in England imo

How about the Gooners? ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Jul 01, 2009 08:25:23 pm
      Did you see Ngog's reserve game against Newcastle towards the end of last season?

He was on fire in that game. The gulf in quality was clear to see.

There's been many times Nemeth has been by far the best player on the pitch whilst playing for the reserves in the past. He's a great player in my opinion - seems to have that natural ability.

But I think Ngog has got the edge over him in the sense that Ngog is pretty much in the first team category and Nemeth has been a regular reserve player.

Agreed on them being different types of players, so in that sense it makes them more difficult to compare.

If Nemeth keeps working hard and shows the right attitude on and off the pitch, I think it's only fair he should get a chance this season. But I've got a feeling it wont be at the expense of Ngog.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #12: Jul 02, 2009 04:31:44 am
      I would definatley give the lad a few run-outs this season. From what i have seen of him in the reserves which i admit isnt the whole course of the season but a fair few games, he has quality.

Ngog has not exactly set the world alight but he too deserves his chance.

Let's hope they impress !
      Arm_Chair_Kopite
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -5 
      Reply #13: Jul 04, 2009 12:48:23 pm
      He 100% does, N'Gog is the biggest waste of space to ever grace the fields on the Tin Mine.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #14: Jul 04, 2009 02:17:54 pm
      He 100% does, N'Gog is the biggest waste of space to ever grace the fields on the Tin Mine.

This is probably the dumbest post I've read in a while?.. *yawn*..
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #15: Jul 04, 2009 02:19:52 pm

Think he's here on a wind up. A few of his/hers posts have been a bit silly.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #16: Jul 04, 2009 02:26:47 pm
      Would like to see both Nemeth and Ngog given run out's pre-season, personally speaking Pacheco should be given a chance to come of the bench and see how he get's on in games that we are cruising
      hold 51
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #17: Jul 04, 2009 11:34:35 pm
      Would like to see both Nemeth and Ngog given run out's pre-season, personally speaking Pacheco should be given a chance to come of the bench and see how he get's on in games that we are cruising

would not leave de la valle out of the equation though
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #18: Jul 05, 2009 12:09:35 am
      N'gog did well last season and he scored goals I think both nemeth and N'gog should play because they both have the potential to be good players in the future
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #19: Jul 05, 2009 12:32:24 am
      This poster needs to be removed from our site immediately. True fans support their players with consideration, not dismiss them out of hand.Ok mods by all means tolerate a few drunken/ill-worded posts, but when the obvious stares you in the face, f*ck them off please.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #20: Jul 05, 2009 01:28:37 am

Just because some of us can't afford real space bars doesn't mean youmakefunofit :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jul 05, 2009 10:57:35 am
      Howaboutyougobuyonethen. Tightarse :)
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #22: Jul 06, 2009 10:08:29 pm
      I think both will get run outs in pre season as both are talented players and given a little time both could become valued squad members. It will only help them and liverpool the more playing time they can get along side Torres and Co

Quick Reply