Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Nemeth Deserves a nod ahead of N'gog?

Read 8778 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Nemeth Deserves a nod ahead of N'gog?
      Reply #23: Jul 07, 2009 11:03:52 pm
      I have tremendous respect for Nemeth and I have been praising him for some time.....BUT, he had a slow season last season after a brilliant campaign the season before.

He went out on loan, got injured and when he came back he was very low on confidence, he was missing very easy chances.

I would love to see him get a shot in the first team as I think that will build his confidence up, I sincerely hope he gets a few games under his belt in pre-season.

Not sure about N'Gog.........he's yet to convince me, seen him play a few good games in the ressies, and a couple of first team games, but I want to see him exert his height and use some power to muscle in on defenders.

Hopefully we'll get a good run in the League Cup this season and see the likes of N'Gog and Nemeth and Pacheco too making good of themselves.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #24: Jul 08, 2009 02:24:25 pm
      Well I guess both of them should be placed in the same level. Both given a chance to prove themselves next season.This season,only NGog was given the occasional run outs. I know that Nemeth was injured for the much of last season,hopefully he does get a run next season...
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #25: Aug 20, 2009 11:53:56 am
      Although N'gog scored yesterday, he certainly almost missed the goal from the closest range any player in the world can ever get with an empty net, and no defenders around. I didn't appreciate the goal at all, just kudos for his positioning. It was Glen's goal more than it was his. So I still I'm with giving nemeth or pacheco a nod ahead of N'gog.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Aug 20, 2009 11:54:24 am
      I'm not taking into account the amount of times now that he's come on and grabbed a late goal.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      Reply #27: Aug 20, 2009 12:05:27 pm
      Rafa shoves him in when we're 1000% winning, and the team is just rampant and making chances left right and center. Surely he's going to score in some of these cases. But never a decisive league goal or CL, maybe he doesn't get the chance to participate in these cases to be fair. But still, it's not that he's awful, but we got better prospects to play ahead of him. He'll never be a great striker imo.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28: Aug 20, 2009 12:08:16 pm
      Saint Liverpudlian are you taking the piss mate?

As a fan of this club you should be supporting and cheering on any goal a player scores.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #29: Aug 20, 2009 12:17:42 pm
      Although N'gog scored yesterday, he certainly almost missed the goal from the closest range any player in the world can ever get with an empty net, and no defenders around. I didn't appreciate the goal at all, just kudos for his positioning. It was Glen's goal more than it was his. So I still I'm with giving nemeth or pacheco a nod ahead of N'gog.

Quite possibly the dumbest post I've ever read.

He 'almost missed' because Shawcross pushed him in the back, which automatically forced Ngog off balance.

He was on hand, he scored. Any criticism is just plain daft.

Someone better tell Rafa and the French footballing academy. Apparently you know more than them. Get your CV in the post.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #30: Aug 20, 2009 12:20:34 pm
      I think at the moment yes N'gog should be ahead of Nemeth because unlike Voronin (who Nemeth should be ahead of IMO) he has got his name on the scoresheet a couple of times.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      Reply #31: Aug 20, 2009 12:32:51 pm
      Someone better tell Rafa and the French footballing academy. Apparently you know more than them. Get your CV in the post.

IMO means In My Opinion. you remind me of George Orwell's 1984. I am certain I'm wrong to argue you, you all know better. We're not in position to buy and sell or even feel the slightest hate towards any of our players. But can't you say one is better than the other? -_-

To conclude, N'gog is good, he scored yes, hurray indeed. but the goal just didn't show he was amazing. I probably miss presented that thought, I apologize for that, it's too harsh to say I didn't appreciate the goal. Thank him for his effort, (positioning). I still think Nemeth who car run rather than stand would be better on the field than N'gog. I can't see much of a work rate. Maybe because it's just 10 minutes to the end of the match, but still, you try to impress your manager with whatever little time you have.
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 20, 2009 12:57:56 pm
      I've never really rated Ngog to be honest. I always thought he has lacked that bit of pace, and first touch has let him down a few times. However, he has the 100% backing of Benitez, who consistently mentions him when he ever gets pressed about transfers etc. He must be showing something on the training ground. I hope he comes good this season, I really do. We're looking pretty thin upfront, and someone needs to step up.

Nemeth however, I have rated highly for a couple of years now. His first season in reserves, he was outstanding. Scoring goals for fun, and him and Spearing had a great relationship. Shame he got injured last year. But when I was watching pre-season, I thought "Go on lad, stake your claim" And he dissapointed me in his first game. His touch was off, he seemed to be trying to hard. I wanna put this down to lack of match fitness.

Overall, I would give Nemeth the nod over Ngog. He has the attributes to be a Torres up front, or the back up like Gerrard. I don't think Ngog has these capabilities. Doubt Rafa will give him this chance though, like I said, he seems to have the upmost faith in his frenchman.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33: Aug 20, 2009 01:11:43 pm
      I think at the moment yes N'gog should be ahead of Nemeth because unlike Voronin (who Nemeth should be ahead of IMO) he has got his name on the scoresheet a couple of times.

Spot on mate, N'gog has scored for us given limited opportunities. Would love to see Nemeth given a spot on the bench instead of Voronin but that's a whole new topic.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #34: Aug 20, 2009 01:15:20 pm
      N'Gog deserves his place on the bench. He looked well ahead of the reserves when he played with them a couple of times and he's scored a few for the first team. He's got pace and does really well when he runs into the channels. If Nemeth is to replace anyone on the bench, it shouldn't be N'Gog.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #35: Aug 20, 2009 01:26:16 pm
      I've never really rated Ngog to be honest. I always thought he has lacked that bit of pace

Have you actually seen him play? Lack pace? That's one of his main assets.

Nemeth is a rough diamond, as is Ngog. Ngog has been getting the nod, and despite only a few minutes of football here and there, he gets a goal at a very good rate. So why complain?

He got a goal every 197 minutes last season, behind on Torres and Gerrard. This season he has one goal in 6 minutes! He doesn't play much, but when he does he contributes so stop pining for players who haven't even yet played a first team game.

The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #36: Aug 20, 2009 01:26:39 pm
      N'Gog deserves his place on the bench. He looked well ahead of the reserves when he played with them a couple of times and he's scored a few for the first team. He's got pace and does really well when he runs into the channels. If Nemeth is to replace anyone on the bench, it shouldn't be N'Gog.

Thank you.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #37: Aug 20, 2009 01:43:24 pm
      Did very well last night when N'Gog came on and looking more and more confident every time he pulls on a red shirt.

He'll do for me.
      LiverpoolEntourage
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #38: Aug 20, 2009 02:21:37 pm
      He 100% does, N'Gog is the biggest waste of space to ever grace the fields on the Tin Mine.

I agree 100%. He's done jack sh*t since he came to us. I mean the man's only way of scoring is off his freggin head and even then he almost missed with an open goal. He hit the crossbar and just managed to sneak in. The player is an embarrassment to the club and to the scouting department of the LFC. He's been given chance after chance while decent players like Nemeth who have massive potential have been passed over. There is no good reason for this ass kissing other than the fact Nemeth cost us nothing to buy and Ngog cost plenty for what he does which is nothing. Anyone who says people should be banned off this site for saying the truth is an idiot, no player is bigger than the club. Particularly not a waste of space useless tw*t like Ngog. Get Kristian Nemeth in ASAP, the guy showed part of what he can do against Singapore which is put the ball in the back of the net in open play. Something Ngog will almost never be able to do except with his pancake like forehead which is about as accurate as a north korean scud missile.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #39: Aug 20, 2009 02:28:17 pm
      I agree 100%. He's done jack sh*t since he came to us. I mean the man's only way of scoring is off his freggin head and even then he almost missed with an open goal. He hit the crossbar and just managed to sneak in. The player is an embarrassment to the club and to the scouting department of the LFC. He's been given chance after chance while decent players like Nemeth who have massive potential have been passed over. There is no good reason for this ass kissing other than the fact Nemeth cost us nothing to buy and Ngog cost plenty for what he does which is nothing. Anyone who says people should be banned off this site for saying the truth is an idiot, no player is bigger than the club. Particularly not a waste of space useless tw*t like Ngog. Get Kristian Nemeth in ASAP, the guy showed part of what he can do against Singapore which is put the ball in the back of the net in open play. Something Ngog will almost never be able to do except with his pancake like forehead which is about as accurate as a north korean scud missile.

I do hope that this is irony. But I fear that it isn't.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #40: Aug 20, 2009 02:29:39 pm

I do hope that this is irony. But I fear that it isn't.
      I think it's David 'the new Lucas Leiva' N'gog.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #41: Aug 20, 2009 02:32:19 pm

N'Gog's got more heart than that little shithouse Ryan Babel.

And seeing as the lad is only 19, get off his F***ing back, is he the new scapegoat, cos he only cost £1.5 million.

And ffs Singapore are hardly world-F***ing beaters are they?

I'm going to go with The Invisble Man's quote here:

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: Aug 20, 2009 02:35:55 pm

I'm getting f**king sick of this 'he nearly missed' bollocks. The lad scored. He scored a goal that adds to our goal difference. It hit the bar because he got a push in the back from Shawcross. N'Gog is showing quality. He's hardly put a foot wrong during his game time. He's getting into good positions, he's running with the ball confidently into the channels getting shots and crosses in, winning corners and free kicks in decent positions. He's showing real commitment when defending from the front. Stop talking sh*te.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #43: Aug 20, 2009 02:53:41 pm

Think you need to learn a bit more about our players before you rant about how bad they are.. you should give the guy a break he is 19 and learning doing his job when asked!

Nemeth international stats

2005–2006    Hungary U17    9 (11)    
      2006–2008    Hungary U19    15 (14)    
      2007–    Hungary U21    10 (13)
                             Hungary     0(0)

Ngogs international stats

2004–2005    France U16    13 (11)    
      2005–2006    France U17    6 (2)    
      2006–2007    France U18    4 (2)    
      2007    France U19    6 (5)    
      2008–    France U21    8 (1)

As you can see they both score goals and if they carry on this route of development will soon become full internationals. Support our team don't just use any opportunity to have a go negatively.. you say he is an embarrassment to our club, right now mate the only embarrassment to our club is a fickle fan like you.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #44: Aug 20, 2009 03:00:39 pm
      You must be doing pretty good when the only way people are bitching about you is the way you go about scoring goals. I don't know why people seem to crap all over N'Gog but I assume a lot of it comes from the fact he is getting games ahead of Nemeth who is a player many of the supporters really like to see in the first team. Nemeth was very unlucky to not be involved with the first team as he suffer a few injuries and even when he went out on loan to Blackpool he got hurt the first game there so he couldn't prove him quality outside the reserve league.

Harsh as it is right now with that goal it is N'Gog who is going to get the games and Nemeth will simply have to wait until a injury occurs or Carling Cup game to get his chance.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #45: Aug 20, 2009 03:04:57 pm
      I'm getting f**king sick of this 'he nearly missed' bollocks. The lad scored. He scored a goal that adds to our goal difference. It hit the bar because he got a push in the back from Shawcross. N'Gog is showing quality. He's hardly put a foot wrong during his game time. He's getting into good positions, he's running with the ball confidently into the channels getting shots and crosses in, winning corners and free kicks in decent positions. He's showing real commitment when defending from the front. Stop talking sh*te.

To add to this, more importantly, he's scoring goals. His goals to games ratio must be pretty impressive considering the amount of time he has on the pitch, which is usually a maximum of 15 minutes roughly every three games.

His all around game is far from perfect but he scores goals and works hard and as a striker for Liverpool FC I think that's all we ask.

Quick Reply