Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Kewell Back In Training...

Read 2475 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Kewell Back In Training...
      Mar 03, 2007 09:10:26 am

Hmm... this is his last season at Anfield if he doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat. Sorry to say that like, but he's been injured loads of times...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Kewell Back In Training...
      Reply #1: Mar 03, 2007 09:51:16 am
      I don't think he will stay with us next season, we have Aurelio, Gonzalez & Riise who play in his position. He's been very unlucky with injuries it's a shame we never saw the Harry Kewell from Leeds (apart from vs Chelsea fa cup) Thanks Harry you gave your best and you have had hard times in CL & FA finals.
      Cy
      Reply #2: Mar 03, 2007 11:24:05 am
      we have been talking a lot about Harry in here already and I'll say what i said before..he needs to go..
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #3: Mar 03, 2007 09:50:36 pm
      After today's mediocre and unthreatening play by Gonzo and Aurelio, maybe Harry could do something like a magical comeback of some sort. I've said unpleasant things about Harry in the past, but I'll give him a chance till the end of the season to prove himself. Only a 'magical comeback' will do tho.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #4: Mar 04, 2007 12:46:45 am
      If only he was half the player he was at Leeds....remember he was wanted by all the Big clubs....one of the most indemand players...such a shame...love to see him come back.....he is still young enough....also Gonzo has been USELESS...
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 04, 2007 02:31:59 am
      he is to injury prone get rid while we can i say lest said the better
      red4life
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 05, 2007 04:49:11 pm
      I say give the lad one more chance to come back and then if he is not good enough get rid. Why spend so much money on a player getting him fit to sell him straight away. Wouldn't make sense to me, it's like fixing a car up and selling it. I think he's still got something to give.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7: Mar 05, 2007 05:24:31 pm
      I think he should be kept, he is better than aurelio and gonzo, and on his day can be our best player.
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #8: Mar 05, 2007 05:31:49 pm
      I'd quite like to do his missus - as long as she kept her gob shut!! seriously though, he's not the player we bought & has never shown his full potential. time to move on HK!
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2007 05:35:59 pm by banksiemagic »
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #9: Mar 06, 2007 09:02:56 am
      I think he should be kept, he is better than aurelio and gonzo, and on his day can be our best player.

agree with you Liverbird, Not many of us want Kewell to Stay but as you've said he is better than what we've got, I dont think he is injury prone as he has had 2/3 injuries but that have been difrferent ones and I just think he had bad luck......

Come on Kewell!!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Mar 06, 2007 10:25:47 am
      I don't disagree that on his day Kewell is the best we have for the Left wing position at the moment but how many ā€œgive him one more chanceā€ is he going to get? He's been here for not far off four years now and in that time has played 81 times! he went off in the Champions league final injured, he went off in the cup final injured, and he has now gradually worked his way through the medical dictionary to the point where he only needs malaria and the clap to complete his set.
      For me the only good memory I have of Harry is his goal in the Derby and out of the 81 games He's taken part in I also think you would struggle to say the lad had played well in ten of them, his LFC career is just not taking off and I don't think we can afford to hang around waiting for him to come good. Aurelio to me is not a winger so that leaves Gonzo as his main competition and to judge him on one seasons performances would be a silly mistake to make as not many players make an instant impact because it takes time to adapt.
      Harry has the rest of the season to get back and at the very least turn in a few good performances, if he does then i will be made up to be wrong but it still wont convince me he is a longer term option.

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Mar 06, 2007 11:22:39 am
      OMG I forgot how bloody cute he is!!

I feel sorry for him, bet he was so excited to come to Liverpool, but he just hasn't got into the squad properly :( I'm glad for him that he's training again, and I hope he gets over his injuries, and goes to a club where he is wanted and gets to play.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 06, 2007 12:28:03 pm

Is this an omen...I'm sure when we won it for the 5th time  ;D;D  Harry just came back from injury, but came off first half in the Final??

He was ok for us, but hasn't really produced the form that made him a hero at Leeds - possible Taxi for our Harry in the summer....

« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2007 12:28:35 pm by KopQueen »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #13: Mar 06, 2007 02:21:24 pm
      Defo bye bye Kewell from me.
      He has never produced the form he showed for Leeds, constantly injured and had too many chances to prove his worth.
      I'm sure there is a player, for the right money out there who is top drawer and Liverpool class.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #14: Mar 07, 2007 01:15:21 am
      i love harry, but he's been no use to us for sometime. and with his contract ending at the end of this season, we'll see him leave. hopefully he'll find some place that uses him more often than we do. see ya harry, i'm gonna miss ya.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • ā€œLiverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.ā€
      Reply #15: Mar 07, 2007 04:06:07 pm
      Does anybody know how long has he got left on his contract??
      Cy
      Reply #16: Mar 07, 2007 04:16:23 pm
      I don't disagree that on his day Kewell is the best we have for the Left wing position at the moment but how many ā€œgive him one more chanceā€ is he going to get? He's been here for not far off four years now and in that time has played 81 times! he went off in the Champions league final injured, he went off in the cup final injured, and he has now gradually worked his way through the medical dictionary to the point where he only needs malaria and the clap to complete his set.
      For me the only good memory I have of Harry is his goal in the Derby and out of the 81 games He's taken part in I also think you would struggle to say the lad had played well in ten of them, his LFC career is just not taking off and I don't think we can afford to hang around waiting for him to come good. Aurelio to me is not a winger so that leaves Gonzo as his main competition and to judge him on one seasons performances would be a silly mistake to make as not many players make an instant impact because it takes time to adapt.
      Harry has the rest of the season to get back and at the very least turn in a few good performances, if he does then I will be made up to be wrong but it still wont convince me he is a longer term option.

Aboslutly..Harry hasn't delivered so why should he start deliver now?..he is not fit yet, won't get match fit before a while so you can actualy not counting on him for the rest of the season.some of you are unfair on Gonzo, the lad just arrived this year and needs time to adapt....Sorry Harry but time to go..
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #17: Mar 07, 2007 07:23:53 pm
      lets hopehe comes back to win us number 6
      thestone14
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #18: Mar 07, 2007 08:43:33 pm
      I remember watching Harry play with Leeds and hes always been one of my favorite players, it'll be tough to see him go if he does
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #19: Mar 09, 2007 10:46:49 am
      hopefully he'll find some place that uses him more often than we do.

What, a club that plays him when injured?

That's the only reason Kewell hasn't played for us, injuries. He was starting to get back to his old self last season, and then he's out for the whole of this one.

Good enough? Yes

Fit enough? No
      chilledoutentertainer
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #20: Mar 11, 2007 05:44:12 pm
      Kewell is the best option we have on the left.  However this is mainly down to the competition being relatively poor and offering little this season.

Gonzalez has been poor.  Works hard, but this isn't enough.  Has offered little going forward, lets hope he improves next season.  Looks raw.

Aurelio - Improving, however again does not offer too much going forward.  Squad play from what we have seen so far.

Kewell will be lucky to be here after the summer.  On big wages, rarely fit and therefore can't be relied upon.

Left side is a priority in the summer.

Quick Reply