Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 706727 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: The Best Film You Have Seen Recently
      Reply #184: Jan 14, 2008 02:13:13 am
      hope he doesn't talk during the film....

:D :D

Enjoy the film mate. Make sure Daniel gets the beers in....
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #185: Jan 14, 2008 03:24:54 am
      I watched Wild Hogs today, twas class! I'm watching Atonement now...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #186: Jan 22, 2008 06:36:52 pm
      '3:10 to Yuma' IS AWESOME

For the fellas its a epic western of good against evil.
      For the girls...well you got Russell Crowe and Christian Bale all sweaty and dirty.....

Great flick.

On the same path also take a ganders at 'There will be Blood'. Saw it last week....awesome film....oddly unsettling and superbly acted and shot.
       The director is by Paul Thomas Anderson who also did 'Boogie Nights' 'Magnolia' and 'Punch Drunk Love'.
      Also the film score was composed by Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead....don't wait for DVD...see it on the big screen.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #187: Jan 28, 2008 07:21:00 pm
      Saw 'No Country For Old Men' lastnight.....fantastic movie.....really suspenseful....Javier Bardem is a BADASS and Tommy Lee Jones looks like he actually remained sober for once during an entire shoot....ending is abit odd....but actually makes it a little more unsettling in hindsight.....
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #188: Jan 28, 2008 09:40:53 pm
      Did anyone watch 'Wedding Crashers' on Sunday night? I watched it with my boyf, he wanted to watch 'Man on Fire' but I wanted comedy, and we both found it really really funny, thankfully or I would've been in trouble ;) hehe
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #189: Jan 28, 2008 09:42:39 pm
      Did anyone watch 'Wedding Crashers' on Sunday night? I watched it with my boyf, he wanted to watch 'Man on Fire' but I wanted comedy, and we both found it really really funny, thankfully or I would've been in trouble ;) hehe

Didnt watch it the other night, but have got it on dvd, laughs all the way through. Ive watch it 3 times now.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #190: Jan 29, 2008 12:04:48 am
      My fav film recently was 'The Lives of Others' a German Film about the Stasi police in East Germany monitoring civilians for the Communist Regime

If you've got a problem with the possible introduction of I.D cards in this country check out what it was like for the folk of East Germany.Unbelievable

It's really edge of your seat stuff

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #191: Jan 29, 2008 12:12:48 am
      Good call LondonRed....its a really good film and is a great expose of the East Germany's murky history.....a bit of a lighter movie but of the same theme is 'Goodbye Lenin'......very entertaining
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #192: Feb 03, 2008 06:17:55 pm
      Saw 'No Country For Old Men' lastnight.....fantastic movie.....really suspenseful....Javier Bardem is a BADASS and Tommy Lee Jones looks like he actually remained sober for once during an entire shoot....ending is abit odd....but actually makes it a little more unsettling in hindsight.....

So glad someone has seen this. I watched it last night. Very suspenseful and quite weird. Saying the ending is a bit odd is an understatement. But, really enjoyed it. Might have to watch it again though, to pick up on anything I missed out. Didn't really get it.

Possibly one of the most evil characters ever? Heads or tails Lester. Call it.  ;)

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #193: Feb 03, 2008 08:58:12 pm
      Don't want to give it away to those who haven't seen it but redkenny the reason I put 'unsettling'is that in my opinion obviously 'it' is still out there and he is like a 'bad karma hunter'....sounds weird...but if you have that bag you want to get rid of it soon....evil gets punished by the grim reeper....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #194: Feb 03, 2008 09:14:41 pm
      See what you mean mate, but I think I'll still have to watch it again. There seems to me that there's a more to it.

Out of interest, have you seen Vanilla Sky and if so, what did you think of it?
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #195: Feb 04, 2008 10:25:03 am
      Watched Hitman yesterday very good film i enjoyed it.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #196: Feb 04, 2008 01:35:15 pm
      Lads I found a link for the new Rambo film!

http://joox.net/cat/2/id/2182275
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #197: Feb 04, 2008 05:49:14 pm
      Vanilla Sky is a cool film.....just not a fan of Tom Cruise and thought Cameron Diaz's charactrer was a tad over the top....
      Watched 'Sweeney Todd' last night....really entertaining....Johnny Depp is great....beautifully shot movie with loads of blood to make you all wince!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #198: Feb 04, 2008 05:57:03 pm
      Might watch Sweeney Todd this week. Is it a Tim Burton one?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #199: Feb 04, 2008 06:52:57 pm
      Might watch Sweeney Todd this week. Is it a Tim Burton one?

Yeah, it is Kenny, as Lester said lots of blood and gore........it's good though ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #200: Feb 04, 2008 10:40:48 pm
      Always liked Tim Burton stuff. Can't beat a bit of strange.... :f_whistle:

MsGerrard
      Reply #201: Feb 04, 2008 10:48:20 pm
      Always liked Tim Burton stuff. Can't beat a bit of strange.... :f_whistle:

I know........You'll enjoy it, well I don't know if enjoy's the word, but it's worth seeing :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #202: Feb 04, 2008 10:50:59 pm
      You're showing a bit of a dark side to yourself there MsG. Like a bit of blood and guts do you?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #203: Feb 04, 2008 11:10:12 pm
      I enjoy a good film.....doesn't matter what it's got in it, I like films that get you thinking afterwards.....we all have a bit of a dark side to us don't we ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #204: Feb 05, 2008 05:43:16 pm
      Last night watched 'The King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters'.

A FANTASTIC documentary about two men's quest to gain the world record score on 'Donkey Kong'.....if you love seeing Yanks at their ridiculous best then this is the film for you.

Funny, entertaining, enlightening and just plain weird....its a classic.....

Ms Gerrard....if you like a film that makes you think afterwards check out 'No county for old men'....it will baffle you! Also plenty of edge of the seat drama and gore..
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #205: Feb 05, 2008 05:55:11 pm
      I remember one film that I watched not recently but rather a long time ago.
      I don't remember the title exactly. It's something like "27 grams". That is the weight of our heart. And how our life depends on the fact that those 27 grams beat, especially if to speak about our the closest people.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #206: Feb 05, 2008 08:48:23 pm
      I remember one film that I watched not recently but rather a long time ago.
      I don't remember the title exactly. It's something like "27 grams". That is the weight of our heart. And how our life depends on the fact that those 27 grams beat, especially if to speak about our the closest people.

It's a fantastic film that. Apprently it's your soul that weighs 27 grams. Everyone loses 27 grams at death!

The film's shot really well too, with the various scenarios all linked together backwards throughout the film. It's hard to explain, but it basically starts at the end and then pieces it together in the opposite direction! :)

I'm going to watch Garden State tonight, I've heard good things and seen it for a tenner in HMV the other day! :) I'll let you all know what I think!

Quick Reply