Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 705484 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #5083: Mar 14, 2017 01:07:23 pm
      Man Down, give it a watch.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #5084: Mar 14, 2017 10:52:10 pm
      Been ages since I went the pictures to see a grown up film.

Beauty and the Beast I think is pencilled in for next week!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #5085: Mar 15, 2017 03:54:52 pm
      Been ages since I went the pictures to see a grown up film.

Beauty and the Beast I think is pencilled in for next week!
      Looking forward to seeing this myself,
      Have been really impressed with Disneys  live animation films,maleficent,Cinderella & jungle book where all brilliant.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #5086: Mar 17, 2017 11:43:00 pm
      Yes really enjoyed watching Brimstone,some good acting that keeps you glued.

Live By Night is worth a watch also.

Just saw Brimstone, defo worth a watch - Guy Pearce was very good.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5087: Mar 21, 2017 12:51:46 pm
      Finally got to see Rogue One.
      Pretty typical Star Wars romp, good action, decent plot, a few nice hat tips to the main films.

Enjoyed it :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5088: Mar 24, 2017 12:06:37 pm
      The Great Wall; silly but entertaining, and visually good.

Well worth a watch.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #5089: Mar 25, 2017 08:00:11 am
      Watched:Vengeance with Nic Cage in have to say it's decent and worth a look.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5090: Apr 10, 2017 03:37:47 pm
      Watched Doctor Strange on my flight to Rio. What an awful film. Such a waste of visual effects and Cumberbatch's talents.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #5091: Apr 10, 2017 03:47:22 pm
      Watched Doctor Strange on my flight to Rio. What an awful film. Such a waste of visual effects and Cumberbatch's talents.

sh*t isn't it mate.

Visual effects ripped straight from Inception.

I've really grown tired of the Marvel formula.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5092: Apr 11, 2017 04:11:06 am
      Anyone seen the new King Kong one? Thought it was really fun myself. The 'monster verse' as they're calling it (being it's in the same universe as Godzilla from a couple years back) is much more intriguing to me than the Marvel universe. Great soundtrack as well, being set around the end of the Vietnam War. John C Reilly is fantastic in it, and his personal story is actually kinda touching.

There is a post-credits scene as well, for those inclined to stick around for that kind of thing.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5093: Apr 11, 2017 01:35:40 pm
      Anyone seen the new King Kong one? Thought it was really fun myself. The 'monster verse' as they're calling it (being it's in the same universe as Godzilla from a couple years back) is much more intriguing to me than the Marvel universe. Great soundtrack as well, being set around the end of the Vietnam War. John C Reilly is fantastic in it, and his personal story is actually kinda touching.

There is a post-credits scene as well, for those inclined to stick around for that kind of thing.

Was just about to post about the film when I saw this.
      I found it awful to be honest, and it was only saved for me by the cast and the CGI, but yes, the soundtrack was pretty good as well.
      The premise wasn't a bad one, but I thought it was a really poor film, and generally I like the monster films.

I didn't see the post credits scene, as I couldn't wait to get out of the cinema.

Each to their own and all that, but this one wasn't for me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #5094: Apr 14, 2017 06:56:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

Star Wars: The Last Jedi first trailer released

Audiences are getting their first look at The Last Jedi, as a trailer for the Star Wars film is released online.
      The movie follows on from The Force Awakens and will feature the late Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa.
      Many fans pointed out that it looks like, for a brief moment, Fisher makes an appearance in this new footage.
      The trailer was unveiled at a Star Wars celebration in Orlando, Florida and amassed thousands of views online in just a few minutes.

A new poster has also been presented to the public, which includes images of Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Daisy Ridley (Rey)

While the trailer might have given fans a peek at the new film, it's also left them with more questions than answers.

Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis are all returning for The Last Jedi.

Audiences get a glimpse of Rey's Jedi training and Luke's instruction.

"Breathe. Just, breathe. Now reach out. What do you see?" Luke says in a voiceover.
      "Light. Darkness. A balance," Rey says.
      "It's so much bigger," he replies.

Mystery surrounds the identity of Rey's parents and many fans have speculated that Luke is her father.
      Carrie Fisher died in December 2016 but had shot all her scenes for this Star Wars instalment.
      It's thought producers may use some of this material in the ninth Star Wars film.
      The Last Jedi will be in cinemas on 15 December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39603231/star-wars-the-last-jedi-first-trailer-released
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5095: Apr 14, 2017 06:58:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

Star Wars: The Last Jedi first trailer released

Audiences are getting their first look at The Last Jedi, as a trailer for the Star Wars film is released online.
      The movie follows on from The Force Awakens and will feature the late Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa.
      Many fans pointed out that it looks like, for a brief moment, Fisher makes an appearance in this new footage.
      The trailer was unveiled at a Star Wars celebration in Orlando, Florida and amassed thousands of views online in just a few minutes.

A new poster has also been presented to the public, which includes images of Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Daisy Ridley (Rey)

While the trailer might have given fans a peek at the new film, it's also left them with more questions than answers.

Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis are all returning for The Last Jedi.

Audiences get a glimpse of Rey's Jedi training and Luke's instruction.

"Breathe. Just, breathe. Now reach out. What do you see?" Luke says in a voiceover.
      "Light. Darkness. A balance," Rey says.
      "It's so much bigger," he replies.

Mystery surrounds the identity of Rey's parents and many fans have speculated that Luke is her father.
      Carrie Fisher died in December 2016 but had shot all her scenes for this Star Wars instalment.
      It's thought producers may use some of this material in the ninth Star Wars film.
      The Last Jedi will be in cinemas on 15 December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39603231/star-wars-the-last-jedi-first-trailer-released

Can't wait
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #5096: Apr 15, 2017 07:01:41 am
      Watched Logan yesterday. Not into the x-men stuff. Not bad, watchable it got 8.5 on imbd, I'd give it 7.

Saw Kong island or whatever it's called the other day, again not into this stuff but I found this really good. I thought it was going to be typically about a big ape minus a skyscraper but it was a bit more than that, good watch IMO. 8

Saw Rogue one a while back. Overrated IMO. Doesn't compare to the old Star Wars, I found it boring. Disappointed.

Saw an old one the day: 8mm with Nic Cage, that was pretty good.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2017 07:08:30 am by Beerbelly »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5097: Apr 15, 2017 08:11:33 pm
      'Star Wars Beyond': Watched last night with the young lad. Didn't like it. Over two hours. 4/10. Justin Lin, stick to F&F.

Sicario: Thought it was good. Recommended.

It follows: Had really good reviews, thought was creepily OK, not as good as was made out, but worth a look.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #5098: Apr 16, 2017 09:45:36 pm
      'Star Wars Beyond': Watched last night with the young lad. Didn't like it. Over two hours. 4/10. Justin Lin, stick to F&F.

Take a guess here and think you meant Star Trek Beyond ;)

Watched Fate of the Furious Friday night, quite a few little twists, especially with Paul Walker sadly no longer in the films, Dwanye Johnson and Jason Statham definitely steal the show with some of their verbal jousting :)

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5099: Apr 17, 2017 06:22:17 pm
      Take a guess here and think you meant Star Trek Beyond ;)

Watched Fate of the Furious Friday night, quite a few little twists, especially with Paul Walker sadly no longer in the films, Dwanye Johnson and Jason Statham definitely steal the show with some of their verbal jousting :)

You guess right :)

Watched a netflix movie the other night, 'Spectral'. Guff, but not bad. 5.5/10, bit less than it's gettin on IMDB.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #5100: Apr 17, 2017 07:11:14 pm
      Watched The Shallows last night.

Average at best.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #5101: Apr 19, 2017 10:05:19 am
      really enjoyed Live By Night.

I enjoyed Live by Night too. Don't know why it failed and didn't click with the critics and audiences alike. While cr@pfest like Manchester by Sea and Moonlight make it to Oscars.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5102: Apr 21, 2017 08:48:38 pm
      Logan, OK not really gripping.
      Hidden Figures, really enjoyed it.
      Kong: Skull Island, OK, it'll be on ITV2 soon.
      The Accountant, great film.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #5103: Apr 21, 2017 08:55:03 pm
      Moana ,Old school Disney story telling with amazing CGI that has a look/feel of traditional Disney.
      Superb film and the chicken was just hilarious.
      The film is PG so for those with young children there is a lava monster by the name of Te Ka who is quite scary,
      Watched this in 3D which I thought was fantastic.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5104: May 01, 2017 10:59:58 pm
      Oooh Saving Mr Banks is on BBC 1 NOW! Caught this a few months back at Christmas and thought it was wonderful.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5105: May 06, 2017 03:00:21 pm
      Saw 'Get Out' the other night with the missus. Well F***ing worth your time.

If you're not familiar, here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRfnevzM9kQ

Quick Reply