Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 699381 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #5290: Jan 23, 2018 10:06:49 pm
      There are worse ways to spend a Saturday evening I suppose. ;D

Where's first on the list then?

Well......actually not that far afield. Back to Barcelona (Garcia district) just the 2 of us. We love the place so much and the independence movement really resonates.....

But in terms of bigger trips - Melbourne to catch up with one of my best mates who’s been there for 10 years and then Kentucky.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5291: Jan 23, 2018 10:08:53 pm
      Well......actually not that far afield. Back to Barcelona (Garcia district) just the 2 of us. We love the place so much and the independence movement really resonates.....

But in terms of bigger trips - Melbourne to catch up with one of my best mates who’s been there for 10 years and then Kentucky.

Not bad.

Iceland is next on my list although Mark Kermode's tweets from Tromso has got me interested in there.

It's my 40th towards the end of the year so might have to drop a few hints.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5292: Jan 23, 2018 10:18:10 pm
      Not bad.

Iceland is next on my list although Mark Kermode's tweets from Tromso has got me interested in there.

My nephew has been all round Scandinavia and the neighbouring bits mate - he’s about 35 - and loves it.

Cost of living is a bit sore but he says it’s worth it.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5293: Jan 26, 2018 10:09:10 pm
      Hit the couch a while ago and stuck on 'Wheelman'.  Netflix movie.
      Small movie. Bit I deffo liked it.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5294: Jan 26, 2018 11:30:12 pm
      Not bad.

Had a family friend who made a trip to Tromso a few weeks back. Seeing Kermode's tweets last week only emphasised my desire to go there further! Always found the idea of living there a bit of a dream and Norway in general I suppose. There's always been a strong cultural and historical bond between Norway and where I'm from so maybe that's the reason!
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2018 11:45:39 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5295: Jan 27, 2018 12:29:24 am
      Just got through "Raw" on Kermode's recommendation not sure what to make of it.

Definitely enjoyed it in that it was different and slightly disturbing but then kept thinking is that really believable.

There again Trump is the POTUS!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5296: Jan 27, 2018 01:10:05 am
      That or the scene when McDormand accuses Rockwell of torturing black prisoners.

"She said n****r torturin' business, I said you're meant to say people of colour torturin'" *wipes sweat away*

F***ing brilliant :D Took my missus to see it the other day, which makes twice seeing it now for me - loved it again.

Also picked up Blade Runner 2049, which we saw at the cinemas but watched while hungover from bday celebrations again the other day. That lost none of its power either - great film, and one that made full use of the surround sound at home with its brilliant score.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5297: Jan 27, 2018 07:15:16 pm
      Downsizing.....perfect for that excess time you never want back.......

Hong Chau is brilliant though.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #5298: Jan 31, 2018 10:07:53 am
      Hit the couch a while ago and stuck on 'Wheelman'.  Netflix movie.
      Small movie. Bit I deffo liked it.
      Watched this on Netflix myself,and really enjoyed it,quite short but really enjoyable,frank grillo is always watchable.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #5299: Jan 31, 2018 10:15:30 am

Wind River.
      I'm not a huge fan of Renner I'll admit, but this is easily his best since The town & The Hurt Locker. For me  he is much more suited to this smaller kind of role, and he played the hunter/tracker well I thought & Elizabeth Olsen was also well cast.
      I also enjoyed the fact it didn't play out quite how I thought it was going to. I found it a nice change that Sheridan avoided the cliche I was certain it was heading toward at the climax, and the penultimate scene to that took me by surprise as well. There were definite shades of Hell or High Water in this film but that's is certainly not a bad thing at all given that that was one of 2016's best films.
      Absolutely one to watch it you haven't already. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5300: Jan 31, 2018 10:58:10 am
      Watched this on Netflix myself,and really enjoyed it,quite short but really enjoyable,frank grillo is always watchable.

Yea, like Frank, and he's good in this :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5301: Jan 31, 2018 12:37:30 pm
      Wind River.
      I'm not a huge fan of Renner I'll admit, but this is easily his best since The town & The Hurt Locker. For me  he is much more suited to this smaller kind of role, and he played the hunter/tracker well I thought & Elizabeth Olsen was also well cast.
      I also enjoyed the fact it didn't play out quite how I thought it was going to. I found it a nice change that Sheridan avoided the cliche I was certain it was heading toward at the climax, and the penultimate scene to that took me by surprise as well. There were definite shades of Hell or High Water in this film but that's is certainly not a bad thing at all given that that was one of 2016's best films.
      Absolutely one to watch it you haven't already. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Enjoyed that Wind River myself

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5302: Feb 13, 2018 02:41:59 am
      Off to Black Panther advanced screening in Adelaide in a few hours. I have a fair bit of comic movie fatigue, but have to admit I'm excited by this one. My wife has been pumped for this for a year or so, can't deny the importance of these kind of movies to people of colour, minorities etc. We can take it for granted sometimes, but seeing a hero you can associate yourself with is incredibly important to people.

Banging soundtrack with this one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQbjS0_ZfJ0
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5303: Feb 14, 2018 06:31:34 am
      Off to Black Panther advanced screening in Adelaide in a few hours. I have a fair bit of comic movie fatigue, but have to admit I'm excited by this one. My wife has been pumped for this for a year or so, can't deny the importance of these kind of movies to people of colour, minorities etc. We can take it for granted sometimes, but seeing a hero you can associate yourself with is incredibly important to people.

Banging soundtrack with this one as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQbjS0_ZfJ0

Verdict: Awesome.

My favourite MCU film to be honest.

Also saw Insidious: The Last Key after since we were already there, made for a nice fun double-feature date night :D That was fine, quite creepy and some good scares in there, but certainly will hopefully be the end for that franchise (unless they find a fresh angle). I've enjoyed the story of Elise but it has run its course now, and the way they wrapped it up was nice and I think they see it that way as well.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5304: Feb 17, 2018 07:51:54 pm
      Seated for Black Panther... Can't wait..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5305: Feb 18, 2018 10:21:22 am
      Seated for Black Panther... Can't wait..

Well.........?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5306: Feb 18, 2018 03:54:36 pm

Hmm.. Underwhelmed & a bit political..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5307: Feb 18, 2018 05:05:40 pm
      Hmm.. Underwhelmed & a bit political..
      That’s a pity Shabs.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5308: Feb 18, 2018 05:49:21 pm
      The 15:17 to Paris is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Utter.... UTTER sh*te. Clint Eastwood couldn't even save this. Nothing happens and then everyone goes 'MURICA' at the end. Garbage. It's based on a true story but they got the actual people who experienced it to act it out. Turns out they can't act for sh*t... Shocking!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5309: Feb 18, 2018 06:37:29 pm
      The 15:17 to Paris is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Utter.... UTTER sh*te. Clint Eastwood couldn't even save this. Nothing happens and then everyone goes 'MURICA' at the end. Garbage. It's based on a true story but they got the actual people who experienced it to act it out. Turns out they can't act for sh*t... Shocking!

:lmao:

Get off the fence Mags man!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5310: Feb 18, 2018 06:39:41 pm
      Watched Kubo and the Two Strings this afternoon.

Fantastic film and the stop motion animation is a joy.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5311: Feb 18, 2018 06:40:37 pm
      Watched Kubo and the Two Strings this afternoon.

Fantastic film and the stop motion animation is a joy.

Have you watched black panther yet?.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5312: Feb 18, 2018 07:06:41 pm

:lmao:

Honestly, it ended and I turned to my mate next to me and just went 'that was sh*te!' the guy behind me chipped in to agree. 5 or 6 people walked out and there were only 20 people in there to start.

Comfy seats in the cinema mind you :P

Quick Reply