Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 707060 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #4531: Apr 13, 2015 12:50:08 am
      For all your horror lovers out there, watch Clown. One of the best horror films I've seen in a long while.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1780798/
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #4532: Apr 13, 2015 03:46:21 pm
      For all your horror lovers out there, watch Clown. One of the best horror films I've seen in a long while.

Cool, love a good horror movie.

I'm hearing great things about It Follows but I don't think its out in the cinema yet.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4533: Apr 13, 2015 06:57:27 pm
      Cool, love a good horror movie.

I'm hearing great things about It Follows but I don't think its out in the cinema yet.
      It is, just has had a limited release which is pretty annoying as I've also heard nothing but amazing things about it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4534: Apr 24, 2015 03:13:45 am
      Did not like Age of Ultron, but then I didn't like the first one. Thought the important scenes were rushed and the tedious ones too long. Wasn't too impressed with the CGI as well. Another thing I didn't like was that there were way too many characters with the lesser ones being focused on more. Not my cup of tea, just hope Batman Vs Superman won't be this bad.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4535: May 07, 2015 01:21:24 am
      Finally got around to watching The Pianist,  Great film, never, ever want to see it again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #4536: May 07, 2015 10:42:13 am
      Did not like Age of Ultron, but then I didn't like the first one. Thought the important scenes were rushed and the tedious ones too long. Wasn't too impressed with the CGI as well. Another thing I didn't like was that there were way too many characters with the lesser ones being focused on more. Not my cup of tea, just hope Batman Vs Superman won't be this bad.

I enjoyed it about as much as the first one which was quite a lot. Thought the CGI was amazing actually especially the fight between iron man and hulk in the city. However it is for the most part a rehash of the first one only with robots instead of aliens. I was hoping it would be darker in tone as suggested in the trailers but it had more of the same witty humour and Ultron was too jokey to be an intimidating villain. That's why I generally prefer DC as there is much less comic relief and the characters are darker and more complex. But for a light hearted fun time at the flicks I thought Age of Ultron was very enjoyable.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4537: May 07, 2015 12:03:44 pm
      Really liked Vision in AoU. The part with Thor was just brilliant.

Hopefully Infinity War actually gives The Avengers an actual huge fight with just ONE enemy to defeat in Thanos. The endless hordes of minions crap has been overdone now. We all know what they can do individually by now, just give it a rest.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4538: May 09, 2015 01:48:56 pm
      'It Follows' is the kind of horror that is rarely seen on screen anymore. An eerie soundtrack that just gives you in the 'anything can happen at any moment' vibe. Brilliant film and loved the way they used 'it' when it was on screen.
      Bier
      Reply #4539: May 09, 2015 02:02:02 pm
      'It Follows' is the kind of horror that is rarely seen on screen anymore. An eerie soundtrack that just gives you in the 'anything can happen at any moment' vibe. Brilliant film and loved the way they used 'it' when it was on screen.

I actually really want to see that because of the soundtrack. The soundtrack is by Disasterpeace, who's rise to fame was through videogame soundtracks. Got very excited when I found out he's part of that film, it's his first fim soundtrack and his music on the trailer alone already stands out. He has a very retro 80's horror synth vibe going on there.
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2015 02:14:22 pm by Bier »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #4540: May 12, 2015 10:14:59 pm
      Honestly lads and lasses, do not bother watching 'It Follows'. It is absolutely sh*te. It is about as scary as an episode of Rainbow. 100 minutes of my life that i will never get back. Going to watch 'Clown' tonight after seeing it recommended here.

They just don't seem to make good horrors any more.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4541: May 12, 2015 10:20:58 pm

Honestly lads and lasses, do not bother watching 'It Follows'. It is absolutely sh*te. It is about as scary as an episode of Rainbow. 100 minutes of my life that i will never get back. Going to watch 'Clown' tonight after seeing it recommended here.

IMDb says HCS is right, Ratings: 5.7

Not a horror fan myself, but one of the most tense films I have seen is not a horror film, War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise scared the B-Jezus out of me.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #4542: May 12, 2015 10:49:55 pm
      IMDb says HCS is right, Ratings: 5.7

Not a horror fan myself, but one of the most tense films I have seen is not a horror film, War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise scared the B-Jezus out of me.

Trust me Puppy, if IMDb has the average rating at 5.7 now then it will be down to 4 in a month or so. I usually use IMDB myself as a gauge to judge whether a film is worth watching too.

The film is an absolute pile of sh*te. I won't go into detail but the storyline is absolutely pathetic and there is no meaning to it.

If you want to watch a really tense thriller then watch 'I Saw The Devil'. It is a Korean film and they do some brilliant thrillers/horrors. An absolutely awesome film.

Also, the last horror i watched that gave me the shivers was 'Sinister', with Ethan Hawke. Quite disturbing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #4543: May 12, 2015 11:32:43 pm
      Trust me Puppy, if IMDb has the average rating at 5.7 now then it will be down to 4 in a month or so. I usually use IMDB myself as a gauge to judge whether a film is worth watching too.

The film is an absolute pile of sh*te. I won't go into detail but the storyline is absolutely pathetic and there is no meaning to it.

If you want to watch a really tense thriller then watch 'I Saw The Devil'. It is a Korean film and they do some brilliant thrillers/horrors. An absolutely awesome film.

Also, the last horror i watched that gave me the shivers was 'Sinister', with Ethan Hawke. Quite disturbing.

I Saw the Devil is a brilliant movie one of the most dark and disturbing movies I've seen in years.

But if you really want to be disturbed there are two French horrors that are real hardcore shockers Martyrs and Inside. You'll need a strong stomach for those two.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4544: May 13, 2015 12:18:54 am
      I Saw the Devil is a brilliant movie one of the most dark and disturbing movies I've seen in years.

But if you really want to be disturbed there are two French horrors that are real hardcore shockers Martyrs and Inside. You'll need a strong stomach for those two.

Martyrs is so disturbing, yet brilliant. Watched it blind thinking it was just another one of those lame horror slasher flilms.... how wrong was I!!  Best horror film I've seen!
      Bier
      Reply #4545: May 13, 2015 01:40:55 am
      Watched It Follows tonight, and I liked it, fun movie. Different. Not great, but few horrors are. Not very scary, but creepy sometimes.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #4546: May 13, 2015 02:16:09 am

I heard the original title was 'Shh .. It Follows'. I think Michael Myers in Halloween was the best ... obviously they should have stopped at number 2.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #4547: May 13, 2015 10:38:01 pm

Got Martyrs and Inside on my hard drive but having read reviews i'm slightly reluctant to watch them.

If you like 'I Saw The Devil' then watch 'Irreversible' (2002), it's a French thriller and extremely sickening. I've also been told 'A Serbian Film' is extremely sick but i can't bring myself to watch it.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #4548: May 13, 2015 10:44:34 pm
      Watched It Follows tonight, and I liked it, fun movie. Different. Not great, but few horrors are. Not very scary, but creepy sometimes.

Not my cup of tea Bier. When it comes to horrors i am a bit of a purist, i can't stand any element of fun in a horror movie, keep the fun for comedies. I thought the film had a terrible storyline and the character development was static.

Each to their own though mate. You're right about horrors at the moment, very few are great any more.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #4549: May 13, 2015 10:51:03 pm
      I heard the original title was 'Shh .. It Follows'. I think Michael Myers in Halloween was the best ... obviously they should have stopped at number 2.

sh*t Follows!  :D I thought it was sh*te mate. I'm certainly not advising people not to watch it, Bier enjoyed it and i'm sure plenty will. Not my cup of tea though.

I remember all the build up to 'Deliver Us From Evil', i was expecting something really special but while it was a good horror, it failed to deliver for me.

I'm sick of watching films these days only to realise the best bits were crammed into the trailer.

The new Mad Max film looks awesome though, from the trailer that is. 
      Bier
      Reply #4550: May 13, 2015 11:51:54 pm
      Not my cup of tea Bier. When it comes to horrors i am a bit of a purist, i can't stand any element of fun in a horror movie, keep the fun for comedies. I thought the film had a terrible storyline and the character development was static.

Each to their own though mate. You're right about horrors at the moment, very few are great any more.

Yeah, I didn't really mean fun like a comedy though. Scary movies in general are fun to me. I enjoy the adrenaline or something I think. But I'm mostly into the suspense kind of horror, not so much the gore stuff, although I can handle it I don't enjoy very disturbing stuff, I just want to get scared haha. Unfortunately few do.

I've seen I saw the devil too, liked it for sure. Some good asian movies out there. Seen Irreversible too, but not really my cup of tea, that one scene is just too disturbing. The movie is very well made though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #4551: May 13, 2015 11:54:28 pm
      Age of Ultron was sh*te.

Looking forward to the Kray Twins with Tom Hardy.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #4552: May 14, 2015 12:11:40 am
      Can't wait to see Fury Road! I remember watching the original trilogy with my dad when I was a kid the car chases blew my mind they still hold up today. This new Mad Max is supposed to be the best of the lot!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #4553: May 14, 2015 01:02:21 am
      The new Mad Max film looks awesome though, from the trailer that is.
      Mad Max 1 and 2 were good films especially with the Night Rider and Lord Humongous but I didn't like 3, don't know if I'll see this one. I like Tom Hardy as Bane and Charlize Theyron in Monster but these days the studio executives direct films based on focus groups.

Quick Reply