Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 705426 times
      higgy_sham and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #5198: Oct 26, 2017 07:22:29 pm
      Absolutely loved Sicario, superb film, but was really impressed by Wind River. Still yet to watch Hell or High Water, so will have a look out for that.

Honestly just haven't been able to get into any of the new Planet of the Apes films.

The new planet of the apes fims ? god damn you all to hell !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #5199: Oct 27, 2017 01:41:45 am
      6 Days newish film from Netflix released in August, all about the Iranian Siege in London. On the link in clear hd, thought it was quite a decent film.

http://123netflix.com/watch/ovl14lxP-6-days.html

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #5200: Oct 27, 2017 01:49:35 am
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5201: Oct 27, 2017 01:51:28 am
      Sing Street.

Irish movie, set in the 80's. What's not to like about it. Probably give it a good 8/10. Light hearted film. :)

Brilliant little film. Loved it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5202: Oct 27, 2017 01:53:15 am
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #5203: Oct 27, 2017 08:46:36 am
      Absolutely loved Sicario, superb film, but was really impressed by Wind River. Still yet to watch Hell or High Water, so will have a look out for that.

Honestly just haven't been able to get into any of the new Planet of the Apes films.

I thought Sicario looked great and was really well directed, but the plot didn't seem to go anywhere.  Although I see they're making a sequel to it so maybe that'll make it better.  Highly recommend Hell or High Water though, loved that film.

I remember watching the Planet of the Apes TV show when I was a kid, the special effects have come a long way since then :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #5204: Oct 27, 2017 03:01:29 pm

Sicario is a brilliant movie unbelievably tense.

Can't wait for the sequel Soldado next year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4905 
      Reply #5205: Oct 27, 2017 03:55:35 pm
      Agree on Sicario. Brilliant film.

With it alongside Prisoners, Arrival and Bladerunner Denis Villeneuve has become one of my favourite directors.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5206: Nov 03, 2017 07:40:56 pm
      Sicario is a brilliant movie unbelievably tense.

Can't wait for the sequel Soldado next year.

Wtf, a sequel? Let me look it up!!!
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #5207: Nov 03, 2017 07:52:30 pm
      Watched Inglorious Basterds for the first time in ages last night. Great film that.

Christoph Waltz brilliant as the Jew hunter.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5208: Nov 04, 2017 08:53:59 pm
      Eventually got to see Blade Runner 2049 last night.
      An incredible 8.5 on IMDB, with a shed load of votes.
      Looked great, deffo a big screen movie.
      And I liked a lot of it.
      But like the first one, just think the plot is a bit thin, hard to really 'buy in'.
      Worth a watch, but for me it's more like a 7.5/10.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5209: Nov 04, 2017 10:57:04 pm
      And I liked a lot of it.
      But like the first one, just think the plot is a bit thin, hard to really 'buy in'.

I still haven't watched the first one, just haven't been in the mood to watch it, and the reason why I haven't been to the cinema to watch BR2049! I hope I am not missing out on a cinematic epic experience!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5210: Nov 05, 2017 12:44:51 am
      Watched Wonder Woman for the first time last night, apart from Gal Gadot & the Amazonian's it was sh*t ;D

Taking kids for Ragnorak later today, hope it's better.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #5211: Nov 05, 2017 09:16:39 am
      Watched Wonder Woman for the first time last night, apart from Gal Gadot & the Amazonian's it was sh*t ;D

Taking kids for Ragnorak later today, hope it's better.

Lynda Carter - TV Wonder Woman in 80s.......saved many a young man’s life Shabs ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5212: Nov 05, 2017 09:24:10 am
      Lynda Carter - TV Wonder Woman in 80s.......saved many a young man’s life Shabs ;)

Now Lynda was & still is a special woman to many a young man ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #5213: Nov 05, 2017 10:15:20 am

Unfortunately she did bring some to the point of blindness mate.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5214: Nov 05, 2017 11:20:54 am

Overrated piece of sh*t, and I thought the score was horrible too! And to think they are campaigning for an Oscar nomination ;D.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5215: Nov 10, 2017 09:56:54 pm
      And I liked a lot of it.

My thing with 2049, and the original for that matter, is the plot in itself may be simple - it's all the themes that go along with it. What is real, what is not real, the idea of creation, self determination vs destiny/purpose etc etc. After I read the book it's all based on ages ago (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, highly recommend) I was a little (okay, a lot) drunk and had a massive conversation at my wife about if you're a god believer, then does that make you an android/replicant? Since he is the creator, and we are just his tools (in theory, I'm an atheist anyway) :D My brain does weird things sometimes. Anyway. I loved 2049, absolutely loved it. Slow burner sure, but man does it just grip you. Beautifully made.

Watched Baby Driver on my flight to LA a couple weeks ago. What a great little film that is. Also Table 19, nice little drama/comedy that gets you thinking about life and love and all that jazz. The Founder, about the start of McDonalds. Not bad for a little bit of history.

Also watched Baywatch. Alexandra Daddario... About it. Absolutely worth watching, then 8)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5216: Nov 11, 2017 03:47:59 pm
      And I liked a lot of it.

My thing with 2049, and the original for that matter, is the plot in itself may be simple - it's all the themes that go along with it. What is real, what is not real, the idea of creation, self determination vs destiny/purpose etc etc. After I read the book it's all based on ages ago (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, highly recommend) I was a little (okay, a lot) drunk and had a massive conversation at my wife about if you're a god believer, then does that make you an android/replicant? Since he is the creator, and we are just his tools (in theory, I'm an atheist anyway) :D My brain does weird things sometimes. Anyway. I loved 2049, absolutely loved it. Slow burner sure, but man does it just grip you. Beautifully made.

Watched Baby Driver on my flight to LA a couple weeks ago. What a great little film that is. Also Table 19, nice little drama/comedy that gets you thinking about life and love and all that jazz. The Founder, about the start of McDonalds. Not bad for a little bit of history.

Also watched Baywatch. Alexandra Daddario... About it. Absolutely worth watching, then 8)

Two posts with some really good info.
      Thanks lads.

It's a film I've been debating whether or not I want to see.
      The problem I have is that I'm a bit of a traditionalist, and don't always get on board with "re-boots" but having read the above, I'll give it a try.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5217: Nov 19, 2017 09:38:28 am
      Watched Justice League last night...

Hmmm.. Could of & should have been much much better....Disappointed

Stay behind for the after credit scenes after both sets of credits finish..
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5218: Nov 19, 2017 02:15:09 pm
      Watched Justice League last night...

Hmmm.. Could of & should have been much much better....Disappointed

Stay behind for the after credit scenes after both sets of credits finish..

Watching it tomorrow, and whilst I thought MOS was average, I did like BvS, disliked Sucide Squad and thought WW was overrated and below average. I wonder if I will like the JL...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5219: Nov 19, 2017 03:24:45 pm
      Watching it tomorrow, and whilst I thought MOS was average, I did like BvS, disliked Sucide Squad and thought WW was overrated and below average. I wonder if I will like the JL...

I want the Snyder cut, Josh Wheadon has pissed all over it in my opinion & I'll swerve the Batgirl which he has been appointed to direct.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5220: Nov 19, 2017 04:37:28 pm
      I want the Snyder cut, Josh Wheadon has pissed all over it in my opinion & I'll swerve the Batgirl which he has been appointed to direct.

To be honest, I am not a fan of Whedon and disliked his Avengers films. I wouldn't be surprised if he butchered it. And whilst I am not a huge fan of Snyder's DC world, I liked how he was going down the dark and gritty route and shying away from Marvel's lighthearted tone films, and reading non spoiler reviews, I believe JL  has more of a comedic lighter tone which I am kinda disappointed in, but we'll see!

I read a lot of DC comics in the past and still do when I can be bothered, and the closest DC adaption from comic to film are the Nolan's first 2 Batman films along with the original Superman and the Donner cut Superman 2.

Quick Reply