Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 699407 times
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Re: The Best Film You Have Seen Recently
      Reply #69: Jun 02, 2007 06:32:20 pm
      I found that interesting, I love watching operations and stuff!! When she goes "pour alcohol on it" or something my bf was like "yehhhh get him drunk" and I was like "no you twit it's to kill any bacteria that could get in" grr he doesn't get science. He tells me off for when he makes a joke and I correct him.. oops. Yeah I thought I'd be squirming and hiding under the cover, but the only bit I hid from was the pigs (cos their faces were freaky, and I don't like seeing animals chopped up.. *I feel sick*) and Jigsaw's masg, cos it scares the crap out of me.
      Nah Wedding Daze looks weird.. But I don't think I quite understand the story.. I can't afford cinema at the mo :'(
      Night at the Museum is brilliant I love that ;D Sooo funny!
      Ohh we watched King of Scotland on Tuesday night, the boys rented it and my bf wanted to watch it so we did.. it was a good film like, I thought it would be about a war though, not the King of Uganda.. Oh no he was President wasn't he..

argh I hate the jigsaw mask. my mate dressed up as him for fancy dress- was so freaky. I forgot about the pig bit. that was rank!! im pretty squeamish-i cant even watch casualty sometimes. but thats got something to do with the fact that i dont like hospitals either!
      Yeah the first American Pie was funny I thought. For silly comedy though, you just can't beat Dumb And Dumber or The Wedding Singer! Love them films!

I watched one that was on Channel 4 the other night. Wolf Creek. Anyone seen it? One of the most depressing films ever! Don't watch it....

wolf creek- i didnt mind that! and i dont like films like that normally. i wouldnt watch it again, and yes i agree it was very depressing!!! :(
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #70: Jun 02, 2007 06:37:45 pm
      I thought Night at the Museum was poor. And a con because it is actually about 3 nights at the museum.

If only it had actually have been one.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #71: Jun 02, 2007 06:40:00 pm
      I thought Night at the Museum was poor. And a con because it is actually about 3 nights at the museum.

You didn't even like the monkey slapping scene?
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #72: Jun 02, 2007 06:41:38 pm

i havent seen it but that made me laugh-3 nights at the museum! :)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #73: Jun 02, 2007 09:13:46 pm
      Also watched The Last King of Scotland, which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It didn't really seem to have any storyline to it.

Last King was really disappointing....Forrest Whittacker gave a great performance but McAvoy's character was  a bit ennoying and irresponsible...the film was pretty average...you  could tell it was a first time director....a little too staged and formulaic.....

Wolk Creek is narly though! Wasn't a bad teen horror movie...just wish just once they'd cast decent young actors....it wasthe same with Hostel...great premise but so badly acted it took away from the tension...saying that Hostel 2 is out next week.

If you want a recommendation for a funny movie.....more City Slicker funny than Borat funny watch 'Lost in America'......watched it again the other day...1985 Albert Brooks movie.....really good....a little slow at first but worth it...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #74: Jun 03, 2007 11:30:15 am
      I recently watched Blood Diamond...excellent movie but made me think about getting the missus' engagement ring, taking out the diamond and sending it off to some poor dude in South Africa ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #75: Jun 07, 2007 07:35:37 pm
      Finally got to see 'Little Children'.....fantastic film. Realy recommend it.....really uncomfortable film....ain't  a date movie or a family flick...pretty heavy going but well worth it. Would love others opinions on the film.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #76: Jun 08, 2007 12:13:59 pm
      300 was for me, the only blockbuster this year.

Cant wait for Transformers to come out in july. Its so gonna rock! Seen previews and looks awesomly amazing (yes, I said "awesomely amazing")
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #77: Jun 08, 2007 12:40:53 pm
      I didnt think I'd be as excited as I am about Transformers! cant believe how long we've got to wait for it though!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #78: Jun 08, 2007 12:51:09 pm
      Yeah. Its being directed by Micheal Bay and produced by Steven Spielberg. I couldnt have picked anyone better in those respective jobs.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #79: Jun 08, 2007 05:58:40 pm
      Another comedy to look forward to is 'Evan Almighty' with Steve Carrell....a sequel of sorts of Jim Carrey's 'Bruce Almighty'.....looks  good.....though haven't seen any reviews yet
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #80: Jun 08, 2007 09:11:49 pm
      Im going to watch "are we done yet?" when it comes out the follow on from "are we there yet?" both very good films. Has anyone watched the wedding crashers, thats a funny film!
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #81: Jun 09, 2007 09:54:15 am
      Wedding Crashers was a great film  ;D

Theres another one coming out, i think its called 'Knocked Up' (or something like that!). The bloke from 40 Year Old Virgin is in it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #82: Jun 09, 2007 05:59:55 pm
      'Knocked up' came out over here last weekend and has done fantastically well....great reviews....ment to be hill-hairy-arse.....
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #83: Jun 09, 2007 06:42:38 pm
      Watched "Ocean's 13" Yesterday, again for Me at least very good, I love that type of film, sharp 50's suits with the music to go with it. If you liked the first two you should not be disappointed. The trailers though were the usual rubbish, But I did get my 'photo taken with the Simpson Family, I was like a big kid! ;D (they have a big life size 3D model in the annex at Cheshire Oaks)
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #84: Jun 10, 2007 04:43:58 pm
      'Knocked up' came out over here last weekend and has done fantastically well....great reviews....ment to be hill-hairy-arse.....

Ah looking forward to that then! :)
      vince
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #85: Jun 10, 2007 04:59:34 pm
      dead mans shoes is an excellent film although its not new.its a British film with an amazing story and great acting with no names in it which i like because most films with big names are usually poor to say the least,although night at the museum is a great family film Owen Wilson and Steve coogan steal the show as miniature toy soldiers
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: Jun 13, 2007 10:21:43 pm
      You know what I can't wait to see..

SHREK 3
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #87: Jun 13, 2007 11:04:52 pm
      Got the DVD the day before the Premiere in Leicester Square!  ;) But haven't seen it, yet!  ::)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #88: Jun 13, 2007 11:06:13 pm
      Aww, well let me know what to expect! ;)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #89: Jun 14, 2007 10:17:21 pm
      Aww, well let me know what to expect! ;)
      A big, fat monster, answers to the name of Rooney!  :lmao:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #90: Jun 14, 2007 11:35:49 pm
      Knock up was awesome! Really funny...with liverpools lack of transfers of note getting us all down I recommend going out and having a good laugh....want reviews!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #91: Jun 15, 2007 11:19:59 am
      Oceans 13 very good after the last one i wasnt to sure what to expect but this was as good as oceans 11.

Quick Reply