Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

United w/out Ronaldo.

Read 2539 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      United w/out Ronaldo.
      Jul 03, 2009 05:32:51 pm
      I read a lot of articles and posts on Sports sites that think United's loss of Ronaldo, is a setback but in no way gives an advantage to Liverpool or Chelsea.

Can anyone please explain to me how Man. U losing their #1 scorer, and arguably a top 5 in the world is not a loss for the team. Especially since the positions 1-3 on the table were separated by 7 points? 

Man U supporters are all in agreement that Rooney is going to fill the void along w/ Scholes and Ferdinand and that losing Ronaldo in no way effects them.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: United w/out Ronaldo.
      Reply #1: Jul 03, 2009 05:37:11 pm
      I read a lot of articles and posts on Sports sites that think United's loss of Ronaldo, is a setback but in no way gives an advantage to Liverpool or Chelsea.

Can anyone please explain to me how Man. U losing their #1 scorer, and arguably a top 5 in the world is not a loss for the team. Especially since the positions 1-3 on the table were separated by 7 points?  

Man U supporters are all in agreement that Rooney is going to fill the void along w/ Scholes and Ferdinand and that losing Ronaldo in no way effects them.

Despite the fact that whatever a c**t Ronaldo is and how he dives etc, everyone will agree he has fantastic talent, fantastic skill, and does the job for United. I'm just f**king glad he's gone cause it means we've got a much better chance to win the title.

Just think about it, take away Ronaldo 42 goals in 07/08 and his 30 odd goals last season, it would be a surprise if they even qualified for the champions league. Ronaldo is what drievs them on IMO, just that one freekick of his can do the damage. Can it now? No. Tevez is out as well, that's 2 good players out in 1 season.

The supporters there are just consoling themselves for losing Ronaldo, they take him for granted and trust Fergie. But I'll tell you what - Fergie's too old to think properly now.

Anyway, just take out Ronaldo's goals - and see where United will end up at the end of the season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2009 06:58:40 am
      Owen and Valencia to replace him so far. I think its well and bloody truly in our favour.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #3: Jul 04, 2009 11:19:16 am
      Scholes is older than my grandad, how is he going to make a difference.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2009 11:26:26 am
      Owen and Valencia to replace him so far. I think its well and bloody truly in our favour.

So there's a guaranteed 12 goals ... if they're lucky.

Just 48 more to go Slur.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2009 11:26:57 am
       Wayne Rooney hospitalised after slipping on yacht on holiday    source daily mirror

It seems he is now injured, and they will rely on owen to be their main striker........ i heared when he came around, somebody told him owen has signed and he thought it was all a bad dream.

As headers go, this was not one of striker Wayne Rooney’s best…

The player ended up in hospital after bashing his bonce when he slipped on his holiday yacht yesterday.

Doctors feared Manchester United star Roo, 23, may have suffered concussion so they kept him in for two and a half hours.

Pregnant wife Coleen, also 23, took him to a clinic in St Tropez after he tumbled over on deck.

An insider said: “He cut his head and everyone was worried he may have concussion so he was taken for a check-up.

“Wayne might have looked like he was trying to keep a low profile by wearing a cap and hoodie but he was probably trying to hide his cut.”

Advertisement - article continues below »

As he waited for doctors to treat him, Rooney was spotted popping out of the clinic to make phone calls. He also chewed his nails anxiously.

The insider added: “He was presumably phoning family in England to keep them informed.

“Obviously, it’s easy to jump to conclusions that the hospital visit was about Coleen and her pregnancy but she was there to give him moral support.”

Rooney was finally allowed out of the clinic when doctors were satisfied there was no serious damage.

Wayne and Coleen, who is due to give birth in October, have chartered the luxury yacht for a holiday in the South of France.

Seems Roo hasn’t quite found his feet when it comes to this sailing lark, though.
      bobbyAguero10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      • Michael who ?
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2009 07:49:36 pm
      Thing is , its not just Ronaldo & Tevez they are replacing , they really have to start properly replaceing Giggs , Scholes & Neville too . Their Central Midfield doesn't scare me , they have no proper creativity and they expect Rooney to be the answer to their problems ? Whats the most he's scored in one season in the league ?

I also can't see them just replacing two match winners with Owen and Valencia . They will sign someone else , im sure of it . Either Fabiano or Silva i'd say . Again , i wouldn't mind Fabiano going there as it would only be a matter of time before he went loopers , like always !
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2009 07:56:47 pm
      Its funny how nobody give Owen a mention until he moved to UTD and now he's going to win the World Cup for England. why are the media so blinded by UTD. Surely even the most biast of fans will see if you take out 50 goals from your team and replace them with between 15 and 20 you are not going to do as well but even the media dont seem to want to do  the sums.
      bobbyAguero10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      • Michael who ?
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2009 09:04:55 pm
      Its funny how nobody give Owen a mention until he moved to UTD and now he's going to win the World Cup for England. why are the media so blinded by UTD. Surely even the most biast of fans will see if you take out 50 goals from your team and replace them with between 15 and 20 you are not going to do as well but even the media dont seem to want to do  the sums.

Michael owen league goals since May 2004 - 35

Cronaldo league goals since May 2004 - 80

The facts are their for all to see .
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 05, 2009 12:14:44 am
      i think it's so funny when you find untied fans singing owens praises, saying he could be the next sherryingham.

when they say this could be the best bit of business this window, its ridiculous, their putting a brave face on.

well we all know the worst bit of business was them selling CR7, and having no one lined up to replace him, just seemed ridiculous.

although if owen does become a hit, i will eat my words ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2009 12:23:17 am
      I think it's so funny when you find untied fans singing owens praises, saying he could be the next sherryingham.

when they say this could be the best bit of business this window, its ridiculous, their putting a brave face on.

well we all know the worst bit of business was them selling CR7, and having no one lined up to replace him, just seemed ridiculous.

although if owen does become a hit, I will eat my words ;D

I wouldnt worry about warming up those words, cos you aint gonna need to eat them ;D

Seriously, Owen just does not have it in him to score the goals Diver Ron did, and neither does Valencia. They have bought two players whos goal tallies in the last few years would struggle to add up till half of what Ronnies did. Its laughable really.
      And Owen will be kept out anyways im sure when Shrek plays, and when he is injured Owen wont be good enough to replicate Shreks play. And knowing Owen, he'll be injured too!!!
      So its looking not so good in the attack department there id say. Not writing them off, but they are going to find it alot harder. And we are going to stomp on their ass ;D

I really cant wait for next season :D
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #11: Jul 05, 2009 01:00:00 am
      guys, Ronaldo was quoted saying to Marca:

"When I signed, I felt as though I was lifted to another level."

that's about Madrid. That in my opinion is spot on :) Even wankaldo thinks so!

yet we humiliated Madrid and manure last season :D .. I think the mighty reds play a different game than scum and los galacticos failures (I respect Madrid's history, but not present).
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #12: Jul 05, 2009 04:19:45 am
      Wayne Rooney hospitalised after slipping on yacht on holiday    source daily mirror

It seems he is now injured, and they will rely on owen to be their main striker........ I heared when he came around, somebody told him owen has signed and he thought it was all a bad dream.

As headers go, this was not one of striker Wayne Rooney’s best…

The player ended up in hospital after bashing his bonce when he slipped on his holiday yacht yesterday.

Doctors feared Manchester United star Roo, 23, may have suffered concussion so they kept him in for two and a half hours.

Pregnant wife Coleen, also 23, took him to a clinic in St Tropez after he tumbled over on deck.

An insider said: “He cut his head and everyone was worried he may have concussion so he was taken for a check-up.

“Wayne might have looked like he was trying to keep a low profile by wearing a cap and hoodie but he was probably trying to hide his cut.”

Advertisement - article continues below »

As he waited for doctors to treat him, Rooney was spotted popping out of the clinic to make phone calls. He also chewed his nails anxiously.

The insider added: “He was presumably phoning family in England to keep them informed.

“Obviously, it’s easy to jump to conclusions that the hospital visit was about Coleen and her pregnancy but she was there to give him moral support.”

Rooney was finally allowed out of the clinic when doctors were satisfied there was no serious damage.

Wayne and Coleen, who is due to give birth in October, have chartered the luxury yacht for a holiday in the South of France.

Seems Roo hasn’t quite found his feet when it comes to this sailing lark, though.

Owen brought his injury curse to the mancs! :D
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 09, 2009 04:41:12 am
      For the sake of the England National Team, Rooney should stay at least 5 meters away from Owen at all times.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #14: Jul 09, 2009 09:25:10 pm
      Scholes is older than my grandad, how is he going to make a difference.

He'll pull a rabbit out of a hat and get sent off for deliberate handball.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #15: Jul 10, 2009 04:24:54 am
      Ronaldo was the "X factor" at Man United.   When you lined up the squads of opposition you could usually compare each squad on a player for player basis, and it was always hard to find someone the same or similar to Ronaldo. He probably was the difference between Man United winning the last 3 titles.

Quick Reply