Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Sat 24th Aug @ 5:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W5 D1 L5

Most underrated and overrated solo/bands

Read 10475 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,459 posts | 1869 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Most underrated and overrated solo/bands
      Reply #50: Feb 10, 2019 12:25:47 pm
      Overrated: the stone roses, without shadow of a doubt. Seen ian brown live and he was quite a character but all that baggy arsed sh*t, it's a no from me
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,683 posts | 5046 
      • YNWA
      Reply #51: Feb 10, 2019 06:16:25 pm
      Overrated: the stone roses, without shadow of a doubt. Seen ian brown live and he was quite a character but all that baggy arsed sh*t, it's a no from me

Bang on. I came to that view when I watched a truly dull and uninspiring documentary of them that was directed by Shane Meadows. 'There is nothing to this lot' I thought. Their comeback only revealed to me what a myth they were. Endless shows of playing the same album over and over again. Don't get me wrong, their debut has some great moments (like the first half of I Am The Resurrection only for it to be ruined by a non sensical and self indulgent second half) but that album in itself is way overrated with enough throwaway on it to be considered just so. This is the One - what a load of sh*t that song is and not just because the Mancs walk out to it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,829 posts | 2420 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Feb 10, 2019 08:34:16 pm
      I quite like the Stone Roses, but the status they have in the UK really feels way over the top. They were good, not legendary or anything. I'm amazed they can sell out Wembley these days.

I also like Kasabian though I can understand why some people won't. They're so much fun live, though. I'd definitely watch them again.

I think this guy is underrated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW3RQDfrb6s

I hadn't listened to Ben Kweller in years until a friend mentioned him days ago and I got back to listen to it. His album Sha Sha is fantastic. I can leave it on repeat while I work and not get tired of it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,683 posts | 5046 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Feb 11, 2019 09:36:14 pm
      They were more prominent in the early 00s but I always thought Idlewild were a superb band. American English is a wonderful song especially - great melody. Roddy Woomble has turned in a great solo career as well, including some fine Scottish folk albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMQJvubE01Q
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,459 posts | 1869 
      Reply #54: Feb 11, 2019 09:48:51 pm
      They were more prominent in the early 00s but I always thought Idlewild were a superb band. American English is a wonderful song especially - great melody. Roddy Woomble has turned in a great solo career as well, including some fine Scottish folk albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMQJvubE01Q

Loved them back in the day, tempted to go and dig out 100 broken windows etc
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,459 posts | 1869 
      Reply #55: Feb 13, 2019 12:39:50 am
      https://youtu.be/GkIZXKJmZ38

One of my favourite songs by one of my favourite bands

Quick Reply