Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Rijkaard, Messi slams Liverpool

Read 6574 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Rijkaard, Messi slams Liverpool
      Mar 06, 2007 11:52:17 am
      Rijkaard - "It's great to play against a team whose manager already knows everything," the Dutchman said. "Sometimes the people who say they know everything are those who know the least."

Asked how many videos of Liverpool he and his staff have watched in preparation for tonight's game, Rijkaard said: "Nothing much. I've not watched much of Liverpool because, with the style they have, quite physical and tactically disciplined, once you have seen a couple of their games you know how they play. Some people might be thinking Liverpool are already through. That takes the pressure off us and maybe they will find things more difficult in front of their own fans."

Messi - Barcelona starlet Leo Messi has slammed Liverpool as "ugly".
      Ahead of tonight's clash at Anfield, the Argie declared: "The first leg was weird, even the goals they scored were weird.

"The problem we have is that most of our opponents play in an ugly way, waiting for us to leave gaps at the back, and then counter-attack us. It is an obstacle we are learning to try and overcome."

I say f*** Rijkaard, f*** Messi lets not get involved with these little mind games of theirs.

Messi talks too much for a kid, he talks too much for his own good maybe he should concentrate on his football rather than his words.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Rijkaard, Messi slams Liverpool
      Reply #1: Mar 06, 2007 12:02:42 pm
      Rijkaard - "It's great to play against a team whose manager already knows everything," the Dutchman said. "Sometimes the people who say they know everything are those who know the least."

Asked how many videos of Liverpool he and his staff have watched in preparation for tonight's game, Rijkaard said: "Nothing much. I've not watched much of Liverpool because, with the style they have, quite physical and tactically disciplined, once you have seen a couple of their games you know how they play. Some people might be thinking Liverpool are already through. That takes the pressure off us and maybe they will find things more difficult in front of their own fans."

Ahead of tonight's clash at Anfield, the Argie declared: "The first leg was weird, even the goals they scored were weird.

"The problem we have is that most of our opponents play in an ugly way, waiting for us to leave gaps at the back, and then counter-attack us. It is an obstacle we are learning to try and overcome."

I say f*** Rijkaard, f*** Messi lets not get involved with these little mind games of theirs.

Messi talks too much for a kid, he talks too much for his own good maybe he should concentrate on his football rather than his words.

I'm glad Rafa is not drawn into these mind games, best thing to say to them is nowt, dont let them know your even bothered what they think.  Rafa's a cool customer, thats why i love him so much.  ;) ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Mar 06, 2007 12:06:20 pm
      Rafa is a genius, he will out smart Rijkaard  :-*

In Rafa I Trust
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Mar 06, 2007 12:23:02 pm
      God it must be terrible to be as gifted as them, a club so talented that they have only been European champions twice. Assuming what they said wasn't taken out of context they should learn a little respect (there's a song there somewhere) and realise teams don't win trophies playing ugly, but winning with ugly players that's another matter! I think Barca are getting ready to man the lifeboats because if it all goes wrong for them tonight its better to blame someone else for hitting the iceberg, imagine the mighty Barca going out to little Liverpool the shame of it.
      The two of them should know better if they think mind games will rock us we have seen it all before I'm just glad we don't stoop so low, well except for whoever is marking Messi obviously.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Mar 06, 2007 12:47:41 pm

How the Fcuk can Messi call Liverpool ugly, pot kettle ???
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2007 12:48:30 pm by mrtommo »
      glebe17
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -1 
      Reply #5: Mar 06, 2007 01:17:50 pm
      How the Fcuk can Messi call Liverpool ugly, pot kettle ???

You took the very words right out of my mouth.

It's probably not fair on kettles to compare them to Messi's looks either!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  ;D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #6: Mar 06, 2007 05:38:08 pm

Hasn't he just contradicted himself saying that!! F***ing idiot!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Mar 06, 2007 06:01:59 pm
      Hasn't he just contradicted himself saying that!! f***ing idiot!

Very much so Liverbird.

I was expecting better mind games than this to be honest.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #8: Mar 06, 2007 07:05:48 pm
      All a bit scared i think. Trying to shift the pressure onto our lads. We just need to keep disciplined and don't let the concentration drop.  40 mins to go and I'm feeling very very nervous now but also quietly confident. Come on you mighty reds !!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #9: Mar 06, 2007 07:09:56 pm
      i'm feeling very nervous, i feel so nervous i feel sick
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |