Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NHL & other Ice Hockey

Read 149660 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: NHL & other Ice Hockey
      Reply #828: Jun 04, 2012 10:43:50 am
      F***ing balls. Guess the Lakers fans need an excuse to riot, though.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #829: Sep 16, 2012 07:37:59 pm
      Well the worst has happen as the CBA ended the owners have locked out the player, players now jetting over to Europe to play while deal gets iron out with the NHLPA and owners. I just hope we don't lose another season of hockey like we did in 2004
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #830: Oct 03, 2012 03:48:08 am
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #831: Oct 03, 2012 06:36:45 am
      It seems so surreal right now that the owners are so deluded that after they got their way in 04 that they would risk losing another season.  But, here we go again.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #832: Oct 03, 2012 05:32:13 pm
      Another lockout on Bettmans watch.  Bettman MUST DIE !!!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #834: Nov 13, 2012 06:30:37 am
      It really is a sad stateright now.  The owners (some of them) are in lala land if they think they can survive another season lost.  The small market teams that Bettman brought into the league are going to prove the major downfall of the sport in North America.  If his idiotic expansion/ watering down talent and trying to sustain in untenable markets didn't exist the league would thrive. 
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #835: Nov 14, 2012 03:31:54 am
      he owners (some of them) are in lala land if they think they can survive another season lost.  The small market teams that Bettman brought into the league are going to prove the major downfall of the sport in North America.  If his idiotic expansion/ watering down talent and trying to sustain in untenable markets didn't

I think if that is the situation players them-selves have to do be worried. If teams fold than means the lost of jobs for some of the players. Really is a lose-lose for both parties and the way I see it now it simply become a Bettman vs Fehr ego fight
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #836: Nov 14, 2012 01:02:27 pm
      I think this is more on the owners. They made a deal 8 years ago, now they want out.  Bullshit.  If your team dont make money , move or fold.  Less teams would actually mean a better league. The players that would lose out are the marginal ones that shouldn't be in the watered-down league to begin with.

Who agreed to sign all those ridiculous long-term contracts, the OWNERS.  Now they want to pay only a percentage of the contract. Like they need a new deal to protect them from .... well.... THEMSELVES. I have no sympathy for a bunch of billionaires who cant control their own spending. 

The ones that pay in the end are of course , the fans. My Dad's Rangers tickets have gone from $30 a game to $150 a game in 20 years. Beer from $4 to $9.50.  $5.00 hot dogs? come on.  Seriously , who can even afford to go to more than 5-10 games a year. There was a time I went to 35-40 Rangers games a year, now I go once or twice a season.  Playoffs maybe 1 game a round now. I went to 4 playoff games last year (NYR 0-4) .  In 94' playoffs I went to every home game + 3 away games.

They don't give a sh*t about real fans that made their sport what it is.  It's all $$$.  But, I guess that's every sport now. All I can say is thank God for HD TV. 

One other thing . STOP giving teams a point for LOSING.  OR give 3 pts for a win like soccer.  A 5-2 regulation win should not be the same as a SO win.  Never ever ever.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #837: Nov 17, 2012 10:29:17 pm
      I think this is more on the owners. They made a deal 8 years ago, now they want out.  Bullshit.  If your team dont make money , move or fold.  Less teams would actually mean a better league. The players that would lose out are the marginal ones that shouldn't be in the watered-down league to begin with.

If that ever happen it would look very bad on part of the PA and Fehr, costing players jobs so the likes of Suter and Parise can make a few extra millions. Really nothing every comes good from these situations.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #838: Jan 04, 2013 12:03:43 pm
      Down to the last week now.  Deal by Jan 11 or season is off.  I can't believe they're on the way to a second lost season in a decade. I'm not optimistic.  What a joke the NHL has become.

World Juniors going on now, USA beat Canada 5-1 in the semi-final yesterday. Now face Sweden in the championship.  U-S-A  U-S-A 
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #839: Jan 06, 2013 07:38:45 pm
      World Juniors going on now, USA beat Canada 5-1 in the semi-final yesterday. Now face Sweden in the championship.  U-S-A  U-S-A 

That is a good generation of American players, that group won U17, U18 and now U20. I would say there is a few future NHLer's pm the squad (Hope Biggs is one of them). Canadian team roster wise was very strong with the lock-out but they didn't perform to their best laying a huge egg vs the Americans. Spott is a terrible coach and process to pick the team was very poor (team was mostly picked before try-out camp) with really Drouin being the one to make it would many thought he wouldn't (not that he isn't talented, just team very rarely take 17 year old).

NHL is back now which good news because it was going to be a very boring winter without it. With a short and compact fixture list should be interesting, I am glad that with half a season only get disappointed for half a year with the Leafs:)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #840: Jan 07, 2013 12:50:28 pm
      THANK GOD HOCKEY IS BACK!

About time they thrashed out a deal, I was starting to get a little bit sad.

I'm still relatively new to Hockey so - will the playoffs still go ahead this season, despite the teams missing 3 months?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #841: Jan 07, 2013 03:33:50 pm
      I'm still relatively new to Hockey so - will the playoffs still go ahead this season, despite the teams missing 3 months?

Yes, the playoffs are the same format, just that there will be 48 regular season games instead of 82
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #842: Jan 09, 2013 02:33:20 pm
      THANK GOD HOCKEY IS BACK!

About time they thrashed out a deal, I was starting to get a little bit sad.

As pissed as I am that the whole lock-out happened again. And I might have sworn I'd never watch another game again.
      It's in my blood, I just cant resist.

The shortened season will make every game even more important.  Teams can't afford any 2 or 3 game losing streaks. Gonna be some kind of sprint to get to the playoffs. Almost as if the playoff intensity will start as soon as the season starts.

Let's drop the puck already and get it on

My Rangers with the addition of Rick Nash are favorites in the East.

Not too many times in my life have I  heard "Rangers" and "favorites" in the same sentence.    ;D

LETS GO RANGERS !!!!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #843: Jan 09, 2013 03:51:30 pm
      You're second favourites ;)

Pengs are favourites at the moment!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #844: Jan 09, 2013 10:38:22 pm
      Come on you Flyers!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #845: Jan 10, 2013 12:24:31 am
      Pens are sh*t  Goalie sucks  ;D

Fluery was givin up 7 goals a game in the playoffs last year.  Also they lost Stall , they're going to miss him more than they think.

Take King Henry over him in a 7 game series. 

Cup comes back to Broadway this year fellas 

R-A-N-G-E-R-S

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #846: Jan 10, 2013 06:03:48 am
      I gotta say I'm actually shocked that a deal ended up being done. 

I was mad as hell about this lockout just on the principles the league took.  Last time, when the players were making about 70% of revenue and there was no cap, I could understand it.  This time around it really should have been handled alot easier than it has.  In other words, last time they lost a season over a 50% gap.  This time we lost half a season over a 7% gap.  F***ing ludicrous. 

But of course I'll be back in my seat at MSG and come crawling back to spend money.  That said, if I see "Thank You Fans" again on the ice, like after the last lockout, I'll realize this time how disingenuous it really is.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #847: Jan 21, 2013 04:04:29 am
      Got the NHL Game Center for the 2013 season, so I can follow hockey more closely now. Looking forward to my Bolts first game tomorrow.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #848: Jan 22, 2013 12:28:11 pm
      Rangers lose first two.........

.........go back on strike   :)

Got the NHL Game Center for the 2013 season, so I can follow hockey more closely now. Looking forward to my Bolts first game tomorrow.

hope you got it at half price mate  ;)
      Jamesphilly
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #849: Feb 15, 2013 06:46:39 pm
      RIGHT. I've decided after finding there is a hockey thread on here I am completely in love with this forum and that's that.

So first question to you guys, do any of you support an EIHL team? I'm a Panthers season ticket holder. As long as there are no Steelers fans on here I'll be fine.  ;)
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #850: Feb 15, 2013 11:43:12 pm
      RIGHT. I've decided after finding there is a hockey thread on here I am completely in love with this forum and that's that.

So first question to you guys, do any of you support an EIHL team? I'm a Panthers season ticket holder. As long as there are no Steelers fans on here I'll be fine.  ;)

Welcome aboard mate,  EIHL , is that the UK league?  If so , then no I have no favorite. But hey , Steelers suck if it makes you happy. Does Liverpool have a team?

This threads been kinda quiet lately.  Usually picks up around playoff time, but I'd be happy to chat puck with you anytime.
      As long as your not a Flyers fan ;)

LETS GO RANGERS !!!!!

Quick Reply