Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

NHL & other Ice Hockey

Read 150689 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Ice Hockey
      Reply #92: Nov 28, 2009 02:44:07 am
      Losing Hossa, Samulsson, Hudler and a hurt Franzen was going to hurt the team no matter what though I am surprised they are doing "out of the playoff bad"

Losing Hudler hasnt hurt the team. I hated that soft lazy sh*t.

Otherwise I agree. Ken Holland had a job to do in the off season to replace the guys that left and what does he do? Brings in two washed up players who we already got rid of a few season ago in Williams and Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi has been, to be frank, awful.

Detroit still has an issue of no energy line and lack of toughness of a well balanced team. Cant wait for Yzerman to take over as GM. I really do hate Holland. Without his scouts, he'd have been fired long ago.

Another 3-0 loss and backtoback shutouts for Detroit for the first time since 1935. Great.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #93: Nov 28, 2009 03:34:09 am
      I do feel for ya mate, as much as i hate Detroit, just a little feel for ya ;) I honestly can't believe how bad they are doing. It isn't the Detroit people are used to.

On a brighter note for me, Ducks had another win tonight, 3-0. Selanne with two, and Perry with his 17th straight game with points, tying a franchise record. 4-1-0 in this homestand which is what we needed as we were doing fairly average previous.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #94: Nov 30, 2009 03:47:46 am
      Liverpool needs an ice hockey team. Im not gonna go to Manchester or Blackburn to watch it.

An ice rink would be a good start. If only they used the Echo Arena for games :D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #95: Nov 30, 2009 06:18:21 am
      Another loss for the Flyers then, bloody hell.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #96: Nov 30, 2009 07:15:22 am
      Another loss for the Flyers then, bloody hell.

Yep, you lads are falling off the wagon a bit of late. Sucks, kinda following them too because of Chris Pronger.

Ducks had an OT loss tonight, sucky but still been a lot better of late. Last 6 games at home we are 4-1-1 which is much improved on the form we have been on. Makes me look forward to the game im going to on the 19th of December a bit more when they are playing well :D Not that im still not absolutely stoked to be going, really can't wait.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #97: Nov 30, 2009 05:06:45 pm
      Detroit won a game the other night in OT. Was awesome. Only against the Blues, but a win nonetheless!

Think we're playing Dallas tonight...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #98: Dec 01, 2009 12:12:05 pm
      Did anyone see that lad strike his own goalie with the stick after he conceded that goal??

Claims that he was trying to hit the post in frustration nearly took his head off should be banned for life.

vokoun_injury_11_29_09_hd.flv
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #99: Dec 01, 2009 08:27:34 pm
      Did anyone see that lad strike his own goalie with the stick after he conceded that goal??

Claims that he was trying to hit the post in frustration nearly took his head off should be banned for life.

vokoun_injury_11_29_09_hd.flv

I'm caught in two minds. I can't tell if there's malice or frustration. Banning him for life would be harsh, if he was trying to hit the post.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #100: Dec 05, 2009 07:40:17 pm
      Saw my first live game last night, not NHL but the local college team, Oregon Ducks. Winners of the Pac-8 conference the last couple years and they are on their way to another one the way they are going! Bloody won 12-3 last night, absolutely killed the Cal Bears. 4-0 after the first period it was all over. Just sat having a few beers chatting, relaxed the rest of the time, was no need to get to much into the game :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #101: Dec 09, 2009 05:48:14 am
      Ducks won an absolute belter against the Stars tonight. Trailed 3-0 right up until close to the end of the 2nd. Went into the 3rd trailling 3-1, but two goals from rookie Dan Sexton, in only his 3rd game or something, tied it up at 3-3 and then we won in OT ;D

Flyers got back to some winning ways with a 2-6 win against the Islanders.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #102: Dec 09, 2009 08:05:09 am
      Ducks won an absolute belter against the Stars tonight. Trailed 3-0 right up until close to the end of the 2nd. Went into the 3rd trailling 3-1, but two goals from rookie Dan Sexton, in only his 3rd game or something, tied it up at 3-3 and then we won in OT ;D

Flyers got back to some winning ways with a 2-6 win against the Islanders.

Was a great game. Dan Sexton had a really good game, I thought.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #103: Dec 21, 2009 01:58:27 am
      Saw my first live NHL game yesterday ;D Was fantastic, great atmosphere even though it wasn't a sellout crowd being an afternoon game, but still loved it. Ducks won it 4-2, my favorite player in Getzlaf scored a nice goal, and Jonas Hiller had a brilliant game in goal. Saved 39 of 41 shots, what a game. Came up big at times when the rest of the team was flat and kept the game in check for the offense to build on. Can't wait to try and get to a game again some time!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #104: Dec 25, 2009 01:39:29 pm
      Saw my first live NHL game yesterday ;D

Good for you bro, Hockey is so much better LIVE than on TV. Ive been to hundreds of Ranger games. You dont get the speed and how hard these guys hit each other on TV.

Anyway , my Rangers actually won 4 in a row now (look out pittsburgh), and we get to crush the dirty, stinkin Islanders tomorrow
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #105: Dec 25, 2009 10:30:15 pm
      Good for you bro, Hockey is so much better LIVE than on TV. Ive been to hundreds of Ranger games. You dont get the speed and how hard these guys hit each other on TV.

Anyway , my Rangers actually won 4 in a row now (look out pittsburgh), and we get to crush the dirty, stinkin Islanders tomorrow

Yeah, much better. And even from right up in the terraces it was a brilliant view. Loved it ;D

I don't mind the Rangers, but i have a soft spot for Pittsburgh as well. Think it's just because they are Penguins :D

A few photos from my time at the game:

Me with the mascot statue, 'Wild Wing'

Center Ice not long before the players came out.

Me while the players were warming up.

Shot of the Ducks lined up for the national anthem before the drop.

And the final score, 4-2 to the Ducks ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #106: Dec 30, 2009 11:32:29 pm
      Going to see the Sharks vs. Capitals in San Jose tonight. Should be a cracker, two of the top teams in the NHL, and the line ups of Marleau, Heatley and Thornton vs. Ovechkin, Semin and Backstrom.

Will report when I'm at the game, can't wait!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #107: Jan 02, 2010 03:28:28 am
      It is hard to stay focus on the NHL with the World u20 happening right now and with all the nations picking their national teams for the Winter Olympics Games in Vancouver in Feb (I would consider this event the world cup of hockey as it is best on best competition)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #108: Jan 02, 2010 03:59:56 am
      It is hard to stay focus on the NHL with the World u20 happening right now and with all the nations picking their national teams for the Winter Olympics Games in Vancouver in Feb (I would consider this event the world cup of hockey as it is best on best competition)

Im starting to get pretty excited about the olympics too, just over a month to go now! It is the world cup of hockey, I agree. I watched the US team announcement after the Winter Classic today, was glad to see young Bobby Ryan from my Ducks made the team!

Being Australian though im torn as a neutral as who to support. I figure I should go for the USA, just because my girl is American and thats where im living at the moment. But I have some favorite players on team Canada as well so I dunno what to do! Help me? :D

EDIT: Oh, and the hockey the other night, Sharks vs. Capitals, was awesome! Sellout at the Shark Tank, and the crowd was right up for it! Booed Ovechkin every time he went near the puck! :D Sharks played some really good hockey and made a good Capitals team look bad. They won 5-2 in the end, and the Sharks also scored 2 penalty shots in the game, first time its been done in an NHL game since 1982.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2010 04:05:39 am by bigvYNWA »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #109: Jan 02, 2010 06:18:49 pm
      Well we do have Perry, Getzlaf and Niedermayer on team from the ducks :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #110: Jan 02, 2010 07:10:27 pm
      Well we do have Perry, Getzlaf and Niedermayer on team from the ducks :D

Exactly, my fav players, I have Getzlaf on my Ducks jersey :D I have some friends from Canada as well. It's funny, even my girl is like "man, i dont even know who to go for" because shes a Sharks fan and one of Canada's whole lines will be a Sharks one with Marleau, Heatley and Thornton.

It's a tough decision!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #111: Jan 02, 2010 07:14:05 pm
      Americans do have a good team but they are very young, the big thing they have going for them is Miller their goalie who has been the best goalie in the NHL thus far this year. I think in 2014 in Moscow they will have their best players with the experience of playing in these competitions to have a very good shot at winning goal but as of right now it is going to be tough for them to get a medal.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #112: Jan 02, 2010 07:23:48 pm
      Yeah, my thinking is Canada or Russia for the gold. Im glad Bobby Ryan made the US team though, im hoping he makes a bit of an impact like he has in the NHL. Bit surprised Whitney didn't make it though, thought he had been good enough as a solid defenseman to get in, but oh well.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #113: Jan 02, 2010 07:40:39 pm
      There are about half a dozen dman who should of made it over Komiserik who plays for my team (Toronto Maple Leafs), 4 point and -9  rating in about 30 games this year and he makes the American squad. I guess when you play your club hockey for the GM and coach of the American team you always got a chance :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #114: Jan 02, 2010 07:47:45 pm
      Yeah his is the name ive heard a bit when i have heard people saying "WTF?!" Im no expert so i didnt know much about him but those numbers are awful. When you compare that with Ryan Whitney, who is playing on a Ducks team that isn't playing all that well, he still has 22 points and a +1 rating, ya gotta wonder where they pulled that selection from!

Quick Reply