Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NHL & other Ice Hockey

Read 149637 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: NHL & other Ice Hockey
      Reply #851: Feb 15, 2013 11:57:16 pm
      The Lightning started the season so well :( now we're in an awful losing streak. I'm enjoying the NHL Game Center account anyway, it's great to be finally able to watch the NHL on a more regular basis.
      Jamesphilly
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #852: Feb 16, 2013 08:14:12 am
      Welcome aboard mate,  EIHL , is that the UK league?  If so , then no I have no favorite. But hey , Steelers suck if it makes you happy. Does Liverpool have a team?

This threads been kinda quiet lately.  Usually picks up around playoff time, but I'd be happy to chat puck with you anytime.
      As long as your not a Flyers fan ;)

LETS GO RANGERS !!!!!

Yeah it's the UK league mate, Liverpool doesn't have a team no, I reckon there'll be a local team to you in the lower league the EPL. I'm afraid to say I am a flyers fan mate, lost again last night.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #853: Mar 06, 2013 04:49:32 am
      Three in a row for the Rags.  Were starting to look like getting a decent transition from D to O.  A healthy Nash seems to help a bit too.  Richards out with an infamous "Undisclosed" injury.  Marc Staal took a puck to the eye tonight and the reaction from him was the scariest part of the whole thing.  Never seen him writhe around on the ice like that.  Very rarely see any NHLer react like that actually. 

Got me to thinking, after a minute or so Staal got up and skated off the ice to head to the dressing room. 

With all the theatrics in Football, could you imagine what a footballer would do if he'd gotten hit in the eye bye a slapshot with a frozen hockey puck?
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #854: May 22, 2013 09:14:34 pm
      Where are the hockey fans in this forum?

Ovechkin has hint that the refs are biased, do you think he's right?
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #855: Jun 25, 2013 02:44:29 pm
      **Chicago Blackhawks win 2013 Stanley Cup over Boston Bruins 4 games to 2 

Hawks score 2 goals 17 seconds apart in the final 90 seconds to turn a 2-1 deficit into a 3-2 Cup clinching win.  Great finish to a great series.

Where are the hockey fans in this forum?

Ovechkin has hint that the refs are biased, do you think he's right?

Ovechkin is a whiny knob. Just pissed cause he disappears in the playoffs every year.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #856: Jun 25, 2013 06:48:35 pm
      Hawks score twice in 17 seconds to win Cup

truly amazing finish

http://youtu.be/S-h46vxck4g

..and the final 30 seconds

http://youtu.be/LKzCLAvNM40
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #857: Jun 27, 2013 04:02:48 pm
      As a long time fan of the Blackhawks -- with the memory of those awful, playoff-barren 1998-2008 years firmly in my head -- there are no words that can accurately describe the joy of winning the Stanley Cup twice in a 4 year span.

That finish was INCREDIBLE, by the way. What a series that was.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #858: Oct 03, 2013 01:35:08 pm
      HOCKEY IS BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!

and a full 82 games this year    ;D

Lets Go RANGERS !!!!!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #859: Oct 05, 2013 01:59:17 pm

What do you think the appointment of Alan Vigneault
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #860: Oct 05, 2013 03:01:02 pm
      What do you think the appointment of Alan Vigneault

I don't know yet, had a good regular season track record with the Nucks, I didn't see too many Vancouver games as they are mostly on late here. Although he did have some major playoff failures with a good team.  But it was obvious Torts had run his course here.  Kinda like the Keenan type, and after 3-4 seasons I think he wears his players out. 

I guess I'm hopefully optimistic. We really need to make our PP a threat again. It was absolutley horrible under Totrs. I hope AV can get it sorted. Think we need a little patience, give him a few months and see how we're playing. But I've grown tired of the overly defensive system under Torts, especially in this wide-open NHL we have now. I still think we should be at least top 3 in our division. 

Personally I would have rather given Messier a chance, despite his lack of exp. behind the bench.  He's a legend here and I just love the guy.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #861: Oct 05, 2013 05:44:45 pm
      Messier coached Canadian team in one of those weird European competition with European based Canadians playing, I know he did a poor job in 2010 being GM of Canadian National Team at the World Championship. Surprised he doesn't go to CHL and try to pick up a job and work his way up that way ala Patrick Roy
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #862: Oct 09, 2013 04:27:02 am
      I don't know yet, had a good regular season track record with the Nucks, I didn't see too many Vancouver games as they are mostly on late here. Although he did have some major playoff failures with a good team.  But it was obvious Torts had run his course here.  Kinda like the Keenan type, and after 3-4 seasons I think he wears his players out. 

I guess I'm hopefully optimistic. We really need to make our PP a threat again. It was absolutley horrible under Totrs. I hope AV can get it sorted. Think we need a little patience, give him a few months and see how we're playing. But I've grown tired of the overly defensive system under Torts, especially in this wide-open NHL we have now. I still think we should be at least top 3 in our division. 

Personally I would have rather given Messier a chance, despite his lack of exp. behind the bench.  He's a legend here and I just love the guy.
      I agree with everything you said.  To the letter. 

I would like to add, not to the question, starting a season with a West Coast road trip absolutely sucks.  They also had mostly a West Coast preseason and have been staying out there for what is almost 3 weeks now.  These guys haven't been home for nearly a month.  Hot wives.  Young kids, it's gotta be weighing on their minds a bit.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #863: Oct 09, 2013 09:40:14 am
      I agree with everything you said.  To the letter. 

I would like to add, not to the question, starting a season with a West Coast road trip absolutely sucks.  They also had mostly a West Coast preseason and have been staying out there for what is almost 3 weeks now.  These guys haven't been home for nearly a month.  Hot wives.  Young kids, it's gotta be weighing on their minds a bit.

You might be right there, Lost 9-2 to Sharks last night.   9 f***in 2  I dont remember gettin thrashed that bad for a looooong time.  AV better get it figured out , and fast. Freakin embarrassment. We'll end up coming home 2-7.  If were lucky.  They look like complete sh*t. 

Think Messier would stand for that ??   Need some benchings and I'd rather watch the kids play than that sh*t.

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #864: Oct 10, 2013 01:47:34 pm
      I actually almost turned it off.  But then thought, what the hell, let's see if they give up 10.  Might as well be playing the young guys from Hartford instead of 3rd and 4th line cap eating dead weight.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #865: Oct 11, 2013 01:53:58 pm
      6-0 Loss last night JC.  It's not looking good here.  St.Louis Sat night, oh were gonna get destroyed.  Without Nash, we have 12 3rd line forwards. I don't even know half these guys. 

What happened to Krieder, Miller, and all these alleged prospects I kept hearing about.  This could get ugly fast for AV.  I think he panicked last night changing all the lines around. And Queen Henrik was awful. But to be fair they all were.  I dont see any system. No flow, No forecheck, No PP.  D-Men crashing into each other. OMG.

We're the freakin Charlestown Chiefs, before the Hanson's  haha
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #866: Nov 01, 2013 02:26:53 am
      Getting a little bit better.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #867: Nov 07, 2013 11:29:54 pm

Yup, nice win last night.  Krieder looks awesome. Miller too.  Cally back and Hags looks great. Talbot looks sharp in net , hope he gets more games because Hank is gonna ask for big money next year, and I dont think he's worth 8-9 mil. That will kill our cap space.

Awful start and we're 1 point out of a playoff spot already, thankfully our division is the worst in the league.

We'll end up 2nd or 3rd and play the Caps AGAIN.  Haaa

Worried about Nash, he may be out a long time. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #868: Nov 07, 2013 11:41:59 pm
      Am I right in believing Canadians are better Ice Hockey players than Americans.

Starting to get into Ice Hockey & I love the one on one punch up to settle minor differences & how players accept that part of the game.

NFL I followed for a while when it used to be late on Channel 4 I think almost 25 years ago, Miami Dolphins green & white top I had win the NFL Pony brand trainers.

Dan Marino QB favourite player.

Edit: I can wait for next summer when the Pony Linebackers are released once more, quality footwear.

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2013 11:58:00 pm by Shabs »
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #869: Nov 09, 2013 10:49:09 am
      Am I right in believing Canadians are better Ice Hockey players than Americans.

Starting to get into Ice Hockey & I love the one on one punch up to settle minor differences & how players accept that part of the game.

NFL I followed for a while when it used to be late on Channel 4 I think almost 25 years ago, Miami Dolphins green & white top I had win the NFL Pony brand trainers.

Dan Marino QB favourite player.

Edit: I can wait for next summer when the Pony Linebackers are released once more, quality footwear.

Yeah Shabs, Generally Canada as a whole produces more talent.  Its the #1 sport in Canada. The US produces their fair share of quality players as well, but Hockey is very regional here in US.  Most popular in the Northeast and Upper Midwest.  Massachusetts and Minnesota are big talent producers. Just that here there are other sports like our Football, Baseball and Basketball.

And yeah , fights are an accepted part of the game.  Most times teams will carry an "enforcer" to protect the skilled players that tend not to be fighters.  EX  Someone nails my best goal scorer with a cheap shot, or even a clean body check, the enforcer will go after the perpetrator , if he can.  Sometimes it can even be the next time the teams play. Players have long memories.

Sport has cleaned itself up in the past 20-30 years, less fighting now than say back in the 70's and 80's.  Back then bench clearing brawls were not un-common.  That's entire teams on the ice fighting.  Used to be an old hockey saying " if you cant beat em in an alley, you cant beat em on the ice. "
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #870: Nov 09, 2013 11:07:03 am
      Here's a good one

Unbelievable Hockey Fight

This was premeditated from a previous game.  Fights right from start. New York v New Jersey rivalry.

Devils vs Rangers start of game line brawl Mar 19, 2012.

Nick Fotiu, #22 Blue, one of my all time favs growin up. 

Nick Fotiu vs Behn Wilson Apr 1, 1979
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #871: Nov 09, 2013 01:58:15 pm
      Was at this game. Boston vs NY   Players go up into crowd.  WILD  Boston guy beats fan with his own shoe  ;D

1979 boston bruins invade MSG stands new york rangers

This one finishes in the locker room.  Crazy.   My boy Nicky Fotiu again. 

Blues vs. Rangers 1979
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #872: Nov 09, 2013 07:06:35 pm
      Anaheim rolling right now. Baldy head Getzy with his first hatty last night, scored within the first period no less.

Just humming nicely!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #873: Nov 10, 2013 12:10:57 pm
      Anaheim rolling right now. Baldy head Getzy with his first hatty last night, scored within the first period no less.

Just humming nicely!

Yup, Ducks are on fire.   Rangers won 6 of 8, were on a bit of a roll too.    Rangers  Ducks Final  haaa

Quick Reply