Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NHL & other Ice Hockey

Read 149603 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: Ice Hockey
      Reply #46: Oct 08, 2009 08:44:43 pm
      It was a top game Dadorious, I understand what its like back home in Australia, I found it hard keeping up with the Ducks sometimes! Now im here should be able to keep track a bit more, try to keep the Flyers updated as they come to :)

F***ing Ducks, went into the third period with a 3-0 lead over Minnesota and ended up losin 3-4 in overtime. I mean what the f**k??? Need a win from our next game, we are 0-1-1 for the start of the season which I do not like.

Its Early.. Good thing about Hockey you can still overcome a bad start. Teams have gone 0-6 and make the playoffs.   Hockey comes down to whoever is healthy and HOT for the last Month of the season. We've seen teams who just got hot all of a sudden and rode it to the Cup.
      Rangers in 96' for example.  They just clicked and played perfect Hockey for the last few weeks of the season and rolled it into a Stanley Cup.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #47: Oct 08, 2009 09:19:05 pm
      Cant wait for Chicago @ Detroit tonight. Detroit has signed Brad May today :D Finally Detroit gets an enforcer.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #48: Oct 09, 2009 06:20:55 am
      Its Early.. Good thing about Hockey you can still overcome a bad start. Teams have gone 0-6 and make the playoffs.   Hockey comes down to whoever is healthy and HOT for the last Month of the season. We've seen teams who just got hot all of a sudden and rode it to the Cup.
      Rangers in 96' for example.  They just clicked and played perfect Hockey for the last few weeks of the season and rolled it into a Stanley Cup.

I know, im just a perfectionist ;)

Had a 6-1 win tonight @ Boston which is a great way to come back from the dissapointment of the other night ;D Old favorite Selanee popped up with 2 as did Corey Perry ;D

Flyers lost 5-4 to the Penguins, who bounced back from a surprising 3-0 loss to the Coyotes. Detroit over Chicago 3-2, Rangers over Capitals 4-3 & Sharks 6-3 over Columbus i think they played.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #49: Oct 11, 2009 04:25:23 am
      Sorry Dadorious.. but i am in a F***ing good mood after the Ducks 3-2 SO win over the flyers ;D

Flyers were 0-2 up going into the third. Then about 6 minutes to go, Teemu Selanne scores to give the Ducks a sniff. Then, 16 seconds to go Selanne sneaks in again and ties it up right at the death!!! No goals in OT, goes into shootout, where who do you think gets the only goal? Teemu Selanne ;)
      F***ing stoked, a good tough road win for the Ducks, and i really think Teemu should go on until he is 80. Love that man!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #50: Oct 11, 2009 06:11:37 am
      AHHH bloody hell mate! Sneaky b***ard them ducks!

Was that your first win of the season??
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #51: Oct 11, 2009 06:15:03 am
      Na mate we won 6-1 at the Bruins game before this ;D So we are 2-1-1, okay start its looking now, especially with the 2 tough road games we have won.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #52: Oct 11, 2009 05:54:40 pm
      Detroit back to winning ways. Alex who?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #53: Oct 17, 2009 05:29:55 am
      Another loss for the Flyers tonight, seem to have hit a stumble since the opening of the season games.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #54: Oct 18, 2009 09:35:08 am
      Oh dear!

Weekend just keeps getting worse then.

Ta for the update matey.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #55: Oct 18, 2009 07:36:41 pm
      No worries, Ducks lost 5-0 to the Blues so been a bad weekend all round >:(
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #56: Oct 28, 2009 02:59:21 am
      Anyone see Mike Richards hit on Booth???

What a hit son!

Beh the Sharks pumped us 4-1 not happy with that result, surprised not to see you on here BigV.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #57: Oct 28, 2009 03:33:15 am
      Planned on putting that one up but i forgot mate :D Damn Sharks, don't like em. Ducks are doing sh*te at the moment, defense leakier than a noodle strainer. Bloody shocking, better pick it up cos its just plain embarrassing to watch.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #58: Nov 03, 2009 06:00:34 pm
      Ducks doing sh*te, F***ing bas**rds. Have some real talent they do, but just are not pulling it together. Flyers have had a couple good wins on the trot, so Dado will be happy.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #59: Nov 06, 2009 05:56:03 am
      Ducks finally had a win tonight, 4-0 as well a quality shutout win against the Predators. One of my all time favorites Selanne got himself the first in the first period, then the second and back breaker in the third. Marchant and one of my other favorites Bobby Ryan chipped in with one each to finish the game off strong. Hoping this is the start of something for the Ducks as we really have been sh*te so far, bottom of the division and the Sharks on top. Not good. Sharks did lose tonight, but to the Red Wings who are bas**rds also :D
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #60: Nov 06, 2009 06:32:54 pm
      Damn Detroit are boring. They keep sending me to sleep.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #61: Nov 06, 2009 06:39:04 pm
      Damn Detroit are boring. They keep sending me to sleep.

Not the big scoring team of years gone by at the moment are they? Injuries and a few leaving will do that, but 3 wins in a row now they are getting there. And beating the Sharks, especially who were on a 6 game winning streak, is a good feat.

I hate the Red Wings still though ;)
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #62: Nov 07, 2009 09:40:15 pm
      Ducks finally had a win tonight, 4-0 as well a quality shutout win against the Predators. One of my all time favorites Selanne got himself the first in the first period, then the second and back breaker in the third. Marchant and one of my other favorites Bobby Ryan chipped in with one each to finish the game off strong. Hoping this is the start of something for the Ducks as we really have been sh*te so far, bottom of the division and the Sharks on top. Not good. Sharks did lose tonight, but to the Red Wings who are bas**rds also :D

Overdue, wasn't it? Selanne is an absolute hero. Best Ducks player ever.
      Bobby Ryan is going to be HUGE in a few years.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #63: Nov 07, 2009 09:47:27 pm
      Overdue, wasn't it? Selanne is an absolute hero. Best Ducks player ever.
      Bobby Ryan is going to be HUGE in a few years.

First player i ever knew and loved was Teemu Selanne, love the man. Really sad he is going to hang up the skates at seasons end, but he has had a damn good career.
      Bobby Ryan is fantastic, been keeping a close eye since he broke through. Did you see his hattrick against the kings last year, more to the point the third goal? One of the best i have seen!
      Bobby Ryan's First Career Hat Trick (All 3 Goals)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #64: Nov 08, 2009 01:25:24 am
      Not the big scoring team of years gone by at the moment are they? Injuries and a few leaving will do that, but 3 wins in a row now they are getting there. And beating the Sharks, especially who were on a 6 game winning streak, is a good feat.

I hate the Red Wings still though ;)

Also their complete abscence of emotion or physical play makes me feel like im watching a sh*te video game. Bleugh.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #65: Nov 08, 2009 07:39:03 pm
      Bobby Ryan is fantastic, been keeping a close eye since he broke through. Did you see his hattrick against the kings last year, more to the point the third goal? One of the best i have seen!

Of course I saw that! Should have been goal of the season, IMO.
      TheLando618
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #66: Nov 12, 2009 10:51:56 pm
      No Blues fans in here? Probably not with as many red wings fans as there are. Terrible shame.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: Nov 12, 2009 10:55:44 pm
      No Blues fans in here? Probably not with as many red wings fans as there are. Terrible shame.

Don't reckon, though i keep an eye on them for Andy McDonald. Loved him at Anaheim.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #68: Nov 13, 2009 08:35:34 pm
      Rick Rypien vs Brad May Nov 12, 2009

Good fight from last night.

Quick Reply