Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Crouch out for 3-4 weeks

Read 1248 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Crouch out for 3-4 weeks
      Mar 09, 2007 04:40:49 pm
      From Sky Sports:

Peter Crouch will miss England's upcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers with Andorra and Israel after his nose surgery was confirmed.

The Liverpool striker had been considering delaying his operation in order to stay available for head coach Steve McClaren.

However, a Red spokesman confirmed: "Peter Crouch will have the operation on Friday."

With England struggling to qualify for Austria/Switzerland in two years' time, Crouch has been mulling over staying available with Michael Owen out.

"The thing is, I know that because of the injury my breathing isn't as it should be at the moment," he earlier stated.

"If it's affecting my performances I know I'm going to have to get it over and done with.

"The doctor has said that after getting it done I'll be about for three to four weeks.

"That would be really frustrating because at this stage of the season I really don't want to miss any games."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably best to get it sorted now, before any complications can arise. Not too bothered about him missing the England games, but hopefully we should have him back for the PSV games.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Crouch out for 3-4 weeks
      Reply #1: Mar 09, 2007 07:20:17 pm
      It will be interesting how England cope with out him, Hopefully we will be able to cope easily but Englands long ball game may suffer.
      Eniac
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 09, 2007 08:48:39 pm
      Euro 2008 qualifiers with Andorra and Israel after his nose surgery was confirmed.
      Sorry, but if England can't beat either of those teams with one regular player missing they should probably consider retiring from international soccer altogether. Israel's got fighting spirit, but that's as far as it goes, and Andorra is, well, Andorra. #161 in the FIFA ranking, right up there with  the Solomon Islands, Lesotho and St. Lucia.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #3: Mar 10, 2007 07:52:17 am
      he misses first leg of PSV game
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6727 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Mar 10, 2007 10:27:52 am
      maybe Robbie might be called on for a change ??? we need his finishing skills.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #5: Mar 10, 2007 05:26:20 pm
      Yeap, on the brighter side (which I find to be really, really BRIGHT!) is it would mean we'll have more Robbie in our fixtures! Ah, bring him on to face Arsenal 2 weeks time. Any chances of him repeating that 5 minute hattrick he did during the 94/95 season? :D
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 10, 2007 10:12:12 pm
      if england cant have crouchy for that game, maybe they should use him for THE BIG ONE,
      they could raise money off him by guessing if he is wearing a red nose or is it his origanal one.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #7: Mar 11, 2007 12:58:47 pm
      Poor old Crouchie... what will he do for the next 3-4 weeks....

(I refer you to the Wives and Girlfriends thread...)

Quick Reply