Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Liverpool FC Reserves Thread 09/10

Read 71702 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool FC Reserves Thread 09/10
      Reply #782: May 05, 2010 12:27:45 am
      Solid end to the season for the Reserves. A one nil win against Sunderland away at the birthplace of Paisley. Performances of note have to be Mavinga, Amoo and Dalla Valle who got the goal
      MsGerrard
      Reply #783: May 05, 2010 12:29:35 am
      Nice one Racer, I'll watch this on LFC tv tomorrow.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #784: May 05, 2010 12:31:27 am
      Shame after such a bright start they had a mini-implosion late on.

Admittedly - loaning out of a couple of our better reserves players and the absence of Pacheco didn't help.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #785: May 05, 2010 12:36:15 am
      The loaning out of some of our more promising players was always going to be tough to absorb. Reckon John Mc cant wait for some of the youth lads to step up next year. That and JJ.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #786: May 05, 2010 01:07:49 am
      definitely. The lad wisdom at the back seems solid to me aswell. Pacey too. Be interesting to see who they keep on. Who do you reckon the bankers are? Ince robinson silva not convinced about ngoo. Think its time plessis moved on aswell he doesn't really stand out in the reserves.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #787: May 05, 2010 01:35:15 am
      Wisdom is a beast for his age. Robinson is comfortable and composed on the ball. We are spoiled for choice on the wings with Ince Silva and Sterling. Ngoo is now playing as a converted forward and got a wonder goal recently. Coady and Flanagan didnt look out of place in the reserves tonight either
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #788: May 06, 2010 02:08:03 pm
      coady was captain the other week wasnt he? Flanagans a scouser too glad hes playing well.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #789: May 07, 2010 12:05:15 pm
      Liverpool Reserves suffered a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Badajoz in Northern Spain on Thursday night.

The Barclays Premier Northern Division season may have ended but John McMahon's side are playing in a string of friendlies across Europe before the end of May.

Spanish starlet Suso made his debut as a substitute and showed some silky touches.

The only goal of the game came from a direct free-kick which Martin Hansen couldn't keep out.

"It was a good test for the lads in a different environment and we did okay," McMahon told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"John Flanagan did really well again at right-back and it was good to give Conor Coady some more minutes in the second half.

"It was a poor goal to concede and Martin will be disappointed with it."

McMahon's side play in Belgium next week when they take on Gent on Thursday night.

Liverpool team: Martin Hansen, John Flanagan, Alex Cooper, Victor Palsson, Chris Mavinga, Steven Irwin, Nikola Saric (Jordy Brouwer 60), David Amoo, Lauri Dalla Valle (Suso 40), Nicolaj Kohlert (Conor Coady 60), Alex Kacaniklic.

Is there anyone who has more on this? Can't seem to find any.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #790: May 07, 2010 03:03:18 pm
      EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool Have Signed A Jewel In Suso - Cadiz Youth Chief
      Suso may become a household name in England in years to come after Liverpool signed the youngster from Cadiz, but his former coach is both happy and sad to see him go...

Jun 22, 2009 4:34:39 PM

Liverpool have signed a jewel for the future when they secured the services of Jesus Fernandez Saez, who is nicknamed Suso, ahead of the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, according to his former youth team coach, Quique Gonzalez.

talkaloadofbull.com spoke exclusively to the Cadiz trainer that helped groom the 16-year-old before he was spotted by the Reds and he gave his thoughts on the player's abilities, character and chance of succeeding in England.

talkaloadofbull.com: Quique, how did Suso arrive at Cadiz?

Quique Gonzalez: Suso arrived at the club four or five years ago. He played for all the junior teams before moving up to play for the cadetes. I saw him play in a small team in the region, Centro Berman, and as Cadiz have a collaboration agreement with them we offered Suso the chance to join us and move here with his family.

talkaloadofbull.com: Has he had any experience playing at juvenile level?

QG: Yes, he has played in the Cadiz and Andalucia teams, but it has surprised me that they have never called him up for the Spain Under-16 team. The coach has seen him several times, but has not called him. That is strange because the Andalucian side is one of the strongest at national level in his age group and Suso has stood out for them and been the best on occasion. But they still have decided not to call him up.

talkaloadofbull.com: What kind of player have Liverpool signed? What will Suso give them?

QG: He is a left-sided midfielder with extraordinary talent. He has great quality, a good shot, his vision is great and his passing is outstanding. He has a bit of everything and I think they have signed a jewel. With a youth team one can try them out in several positions, but I think he would also be good as an attacking or holding midfielder. He may not have that much speed, that is not his strong point. But he can dribble well and does have great vision. He could be effective playing in the middle.

talkaloadofbull.com: Could you compare him with a well-known player in Spain?

QG: I do not like making comparisons, but if you are talking about his style of play then maybe someone like Guti. He may also have something about him like Albert Riera too, but not as much. I think Suso does have elements of those players. What is very important though is that he can score goals. He likes to go into the area as part of the second wave. He has scored a good number of goals from distance too, that is one of his qualities.

talkaloadofbull.com: What is Suso like as a person?

QG: He is dedicated and intelligent. He is well-grounded. He focuses on his education, is a good team-mate who is also well-disciplined and good mannered.

talkaloadofbull.com: Liverpool cannot have been the first team to want him. What other clubs were interested?

QG: Various Spanish teams watched him, the biggest ones. Almeria did and Villarreal and then Sevilla and after them Real Madrid and Barcelona also showed an interest. When things like this happen the smaller clubs are used to struggling to hold on to players and with Barca and Madrid looking on it is difficult. But Liverpool's offer seemed to be very good and that was something that they sorted out with the boy and his family.

talkaloadofbull.com: What does it mean to Cadiz that a club like Liverpool were interested in one of your players? Especially one that had not even trained with the first team.

QG: As much for me as for the coaches at the club it was a proud moment that such a big team saw him and were so interested. It means that the Cadiz youth system is working well and that we have good players. It also made me a bit sad that we did not have the chance to see him play in our first team though. He has left without ever training at the highest level with us. We had great hopes for him, but that is the way it is. If Manchester United cannot even keep Cristiano Ronaldo when Real Madrid were interested, you can imagine what it is like for a club Cadiz.

talkaloadofbull.com: Cadiz have won promotion back to la Segunda A and Liverpool may want to loan the player out before giving him his debut in the Premier League.

QG: I think that he has everything needed to succeed there, but if he cannot do it quickly and he was to spend time with another team it would be great if he was to fill a space in our team. But I am sure he will have plenty of offers from clubs in England too.

Lucas Brown, talkaloadofbull.com
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #791: May 14, 2010 09:06:16 pm
      I've posted this in his player thread and I guess it could also have gone in the Academy thread but seeing as it's Goal of the Season for the Reserves I'm putting it in here.

Dalla Valle scoops award
      14th May 2010 - Latest News

Lauri Dalla Valle's Sunderland stunner has been named as the Reserves' Goal of the Season following a fans' vote on Liverpoolfc.tv.

The Finnish starlet netted our second-string's final strike of 2009-10 with the only goal of the game against the Black Cats earlier this month.

His effort claimed 31 per cent of the vote to secure the accolade.

Dalla Valle saw off competition from Daniel Pacheco, whose perfectly executed free-kick against Burnley clinched second with 14 per cent.

The Spaniard's Manchester City volley came joint third along with Nathan Eccleston's curler against Blackburn on the opening day of the campaign. Both goals claimed 11 per cent of the vote.

www.liverpoolfc.tv
      MsGerrard
      Reply #792: May 14, 2010 10:44:08 pm
      ^^^ Well done to Lauri Dalla Valle for this, I think he's got a huge future in front of him at Liverpool, just as long as we can keep hold of him.
      norwegianscouse
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #793: May 17, 2010 03:12:16 pm
      Reserves won 1-3 away to Belgium KRC Genk in a friendly on Friday. Alexander Kacaniklic, Dani Pacheco and Gerardo Bruna scored for the reds.

Line up: Hansen, Flanagan, Mavinga, Ayala, Palsson, Irwin, Saric, Amoo, Dalla Valle, Pacheco og Kacaniklic.

Genk also played with their reserves.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #794: May 17, 2010 04:03:36 pm
      Thanks for the update. Glad to see Bruna get on the scoresheet. Would like to see more from him with his reputation
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #795: May 17, 2010 08:27:30 pm
      I hope Dalla Valle get to play in most of the pre season games so he can show Rafa what he can do!
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #796: May 17, 2010 09:39:54 pm
      Thanks for the update. Glad to see Bruna get on the scoresheet. Would like to see more from him with his reputation

Agreed. He's been hot and cold this season. Consistency may get him a shot next year. Has he been pinned to one position this year racer? Versatility isn't always a blessing. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #797: May 17, 2010 10:07:07 pm
      I havent seen a lot of him. He seems to have been in and out a lot. I had thought through injury but the last game I watched him in he played up front and looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. Got subbed early in the second half and the team seemed better for it. I know he came to us from Real Madrids youth system with the same high regard Dani had but yet somewhere along the way he has stalled. Hopefully if he has a good pre season we will see him fulfill the potential. I do think its make or break time for a lot of the reserves. The youth players will be pushing on after a successful season and if the reserves dont step up we could see a mass of loan signings and sales. I would love to see the reserves get the chance. I would be happy next year to see a fully fit first eleven made up of quality players. . Not squad players. . With our most talented players from the reserves fighting to get into the team. Dani, Nemeth, Eccleston, Kelly, Darby in. Some deadwood out and a couple of world class players would turn this club around. I just hope it happens after dumb and dumber leave and for that reason hope those two are gone asap
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #798: May 21, 2010 09:29:19 pm
      Source:Liverpoolfc.tv
       A header from Daniel Ayala was enough to get Liverpool Reserves off to a winning start in the RUHR.2010 Cup in Germany on Thursday night.

The defender nodded home a Gerardo Bruna free-kick on seven minutes to wrap up a 1-0 win over Schalke.

Several Academy youngsters including 17-year-old John Flanagan took part in the game, which was played out in two 30 minute periods.

Nicola Saric was forced off with a groin injury after 25 minutes, ruling him out of Friday night's clash with Bayern Munich. Alex Kacaniklic is expected to come in.

Manager John McMahon said: "It's a good start because we're one of the youngest teams here. A lot of the other teams are older.

"We'll have to make a couple of changes tonight, especially because of the heat out here."

The tournament is based in Dortmund
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #799: May 22, 2010 10:07:04 pm
      What a shame to lose this one especially when we dominated the game.  Tough game for the lads if they've got to beat AC Milan but what great experience they're getting being involved in this tournament.

Bayern Munich beat Reserves
      22nd May 2010 - Latest News

A late goal condemned Liverpool Reserves to an undeserved 1-0 defeat against Bayern Munich in the RUHR.2010 Cup in Germany on Friday night.

The inexperienced Reds dominated their illustrious opponents but fell to a solitary goal seven minutes from time.

A win against AC Milan on Saturday would still see them progress from the group - as could a draw if other results are favourable.

Gaffer John McMahon said: "We dominated Bayern. I'd say we had six really good chances to their two, but we were beaten by a sucker punch near the end.

"The positives are that we're one of the youngest teams here, but looking around I'd say we are one of the best.

"It's also great experience for this young team because they are playing against different types of football teams and different cultures."

The Reserves won their first game of the U19 tournament against Schalke 1-0 thanks to a Daniel Ayala header.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #800: May 22, 2010 10:37:02 pm
      So all we have to do is beat Milan. No problem ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #801: May 22, 2010 11:08:43 pm
      So all we have to do is beat Milan. No problem ;)

We've played them today but can't find anything to say how we got on. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #802: May 22, 2010 11:14:35 pm
      Liverpoolfc.tv normally show the summaries although thats probably where you got the last report.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #803: May 22, 2010 11:28:31 pm
      Liverpoolfc.tv normally show the summaries although thats probably where you got the last report.

It is mate, I've even searched the tournament site itself but nothing.  I guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow seeing as the other match reports have been a day late.  The tournament finishes Monday btw.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #804: May 23, 2010 12:00:08 am
      Patience never was one off my strong points. Guess we ll have to wait so

Quick Reply