Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Robbie Fowler's Thaime in Australia Over

Read 34243 times
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Re: The Fury of Robbie Fowler
      Reply #115: Sep 14, 2009 01:17:15 am
      Haha brilliant goal by Robbie, good to see so many Reds supporting Robbie.

I was at the Cove end, Sydney's Kop equivalent  ::) got a beer thrown at my back from some anonymous pussy a few rows  behind me when I cheered at Robbie's goal.

Dissapointed to hear them chant "f**k off Fowler" and disgraceful that they stole our Torres chant and made thier own shitty version.

Don't say that. Thats what they want to hear. Thats what they all want to hear. Nothing compares to the kop. Our bloody blue and white brigade suck complete ass. They just have that same northern-southern chant over n over. btw, i dont support victory, i just go n see matches every now n then.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #116: Sep 14, 2009 03:34:18 am
      What a great goal. So glad to see things going well for Robbie. Much better would be if we could swap Voronin for Fowler. What time is it here when them games are played? Is it possible to get live streams here of them?

Iraqgoals and livefooty have a couple games a week, of that i am sure.

We're 9 hours ahead EST. Most games are classified through EST but check before kick off. The world clock is you best friend, take it from a foreigner.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2009 04:49:26 am by crouchinho »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #117: Sep 15, 2009 09:18:21 am
       Robbie Fowlers goal had class written all over it,he left the defence and the goalie flat footed.Robbie is proving that he is not on holiday and is there to earn his wages and is a good example for any young kid to follow.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #118: Sep 15, 2009 04:57:42 pm
      Thanks guys! :)
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #119: Sep 15, 2009 05:05:42 pm
      Get him back in!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #120: Sep 15, 2009 09:09:27 pm

We can't afford his plane fare home.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #121: Sep 18, 2009 09:29:12 am
       I am tossing up if I should and go and see Robbie on Sunday,the snag is it is a 4 hour drive from where I live and 4 hours back.That in itself is not bad but the problem is the REDS are on the tele at 4 o clock in the morning in N.Z. so it will make it a long long day.I would love to see Robbie Fowler play again  as he is/was a RED I had a lot of admiration for.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #122: Sep 23, 2009 01:43:30 am
      The A League highlights are on Sky Sports 1 now. Phoenix v Fury.

The stadium looks ridiculous. Just the right hand side of the ground with people in it.

Shame isn't it? Plus Robbie had a goal ruled offside. :(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #123: Sep 24, 2009 08:53:43 am
      They pulled 17 thousand when they went all out at the Sydney v Fury game. Advertising everywhere, free tickets going here and there etc. Everyone knows it is a sh*t league and don't fork out.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #124: Sep 24, 2009 01:20:38 pm
      Completely agree with you Crouchie not an avid fan of that competition and the game against the Fury was the first time I went in 2 seasons. I honestly expected at least 22,000 people given that Sydney was top of the table at the time and the fact it was the first Saturday night game of the season and it was a beautiful night weather wise.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #125: Sep 28, 2009 02:06:23 am
      People just do not appreciate football in Australia as much. There is still a large population of the country who think of it as "wog-ball" and nothing more. With the smaller population of the country as well, most spend there money going to see either AFL, Rugby or Cricket. And even more just stay and watch at home.

Fury lost 2-0 to my team Adelaide United.. happy as i support Adelaide, but not happy seeing the Fury struggle. Really hope they start to pick up some more points soon. Been reports of them being in a bit of financial strife already as well, not good at all. Not sure if the league was ready to support two new teams, especially both of them being based in Queensland. Hopefully the FFA step up as they have had to before for others.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #126: Sep 28, 2009 03:16:10 am
      The good thing about him was after the performance by his team yesterday, in his interview he was really sad that Fury lost. He looked like he was about to cry, it shows his passion towards a team which has only been in short existance. Although I'm still waiting on crowd attendance to lift, with a superstar like Fowler playing - where's the 20,000 at least?!
      Victory fan - I can ask about other team's crowds  :P
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #127: Sep 28, 2009 03:23:10 am
      The good thing about him was after the performance by his team yesterday, in his interview he was really sad that Fury lost. He looked like he was about to cry, it shows his passion towards a team which has only been in short existance. Although I'm still waiting on crowd attendance to lift, with a superstar like Fowler playing - where's the 20,000 at least?!
      Victory fan - I can ask about other team's crowds  :P

:D Victory do get good crowds, ya grand final thieving bas**rds ;) He always has been a passionate guy, really hope Fury's fortunes lift. Whatever happens though, he has proven that he is a legend. Romario came to the A-League and failed, but not Fowler. F***ing legend ;D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #128: Oct 03, 2009 08:12:58 am
      For anyone who's interested in the game here's a link to some streams, Kick-Off is in about 20mins.

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=51140&part=sports

I actually don't know who to support in this match tbh I obviously wanna see Robbie do well but I also have a bit of a soft spot for my local team (Perth Glory).
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #129: Oct 03, 2009 08:40:40 am
      Same problem i had when they face Adelaide.. so i hope for at least a 2-1 win to Adelaide with Robbie getting a goal ;)
      Hoping for a Fury win in this one though sorry :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #130: Oct 03, 2009 09:44:26 am
      My mate is starting tommorow for Newcastle against Adelaide Under 20's though.

Watch this space.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #131: Oct 03, 2009 09:51:30 am
      Really? Awesome, keep us informed on how he goes! Hopefully he stars in a loss tomorrow ;)
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #132: Oct 04, 2009 03:23:44 am
      Melbourne victory look the best team in the comp at the moment.They have won in 3 in a row and are already 2 time champions of the a leauge.Fowler has been paying well but his team arn't very good.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #133: Oct 04, 2009 03:41:05 am
      Has anybody noticed the number of overweigh players playing in the A-league or is it just me??
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #134: Oct 04, 2009 10:33:09 am
      Off topic.

The A-league might be pretty sh*t but there is a few fit birds in the W-league.

On topic.

NQ Fury are extremely lucky to sneak away with a draw in that game Velaphi was clearly fouled and the goal shouldn't have stood.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #135: Oct 11, 2009 12:35:42 pm
      North Queensland Fury equalise late in the game to secure 1-1 draw

Robbie Fowler hailed North Queensland's fighting spirit after the Fury came from behind for the second week in a row to secure a 1-1 draw with Central Coast at Bluetongue Stadium on Sunday.

Matt Simon's goal after just 14 seconds looked to have the Mariners coasting towards victory before Daniel McBreen headed an equaliser from Fowler's corner in the 75th minute to earn a share of the points.

It was the third time in four matches the Fury had come from a goal down to earn a draw, much to the delight of Fowler and coach Ian Ferguson.

"That fact is that we've not lost again shows that we're out there fighting for each other," Fowler said.

"We're not kidding ourselves, we'd like to turn these draws into wins, but if you can't get wins then the next best things is getting draws.

"We're doing our best to not get defeats and I think the way we're playing, if we stop giving away stupid goals and shooting ourselves in the foot at the start, we're going to cause problems for a few teams."

The result left the Fury in last place, but only one point behind Newcastle and Wellington, and also gave Ferguson a share of the honours against former mentor Lawrie McKinna, whom he assisted for four years at the Mariners.

Ferguson played down the fact he was facing his old club, instead preferring to focus on his new club turning their draws into wins.

"I'd love to be in a position where we're one or two up at halftime instead of saying to the boys, 'we're still in this'," Ferguson said.

"But credit to these boys, they give us their all every game and we're getting that reputation for being competitive, workmanlike, but they can play as well."

The 8000-odd Central Coast fans had barely taken their seats before the Mariners took the lead, with Simon pouncing to intercept a dreadful backpass from Chris Tadrosse just after the kick-off, before beating off a challenge from John Tambouras and unleashing a great finish from a tight angle.

It was his fourth of the season and the second-fastest goal ever scored in the A-League, behind only Louis Brain's 10-second effort for Adelaide United in the 2005/06 season.

The contest fizzled out in the dreary conditions, with chances few and few between for the most part.

McBreen had the better of his side's chances before making one count when he leapt above Andrew Clark to head home on the inside post with 15 minutes to go.

The Mariners, who were without key midfielders John Hutchinson and Michael McGlinchey due to international duty, failed to respond, ensuring they remained in fifth spot.

"I didn't think we deserved to win today," McKinna said.

"The first 20 minutes was good and then we just slowly took our foot off the pedal."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26194856-23215,00.html

There's highlights on that same page as the link but it may not work if your outside of Oz.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #136: Oct 18, 2009 07:15:14 am
      Can we F***ing sign him back already? He scored another peach against Wellington to equalise. He's a better finisher than everyone in our side.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #137: Oct 18, 2009 07:17:16 am
      Can we f**king sign him back already? He scored another peach against Wellington to equalise. He's a better finisher than everyone in our side.

Could chop off a leg and he would still have more than Voro or Babel. Babel to A-League, Fowler to Merseyside.

Quick Reply