Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Robbie Fowler's Thaime in Australia Over

Read 34152 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: The Fury replaced by the Glory of Robbie Fowler
      Reply #207: Aug 06, 2010 01:59:38 pm
      Could see a big win for the Glory looking at Nth Qld's side.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #208: Aug 06, 2010 02:08:34 pm
      1-0 Branko Jelic. ;D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #209: Aug 06, 2010 02:27:11 pm
      That Akoto is one dirty c**t.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #210: Nov 02, 2010 07:21:48 am
      Just an update on Robbie and the Glory after sitting top after the first five games they've gone on a shocking seven match losing streak and have since sacked their manager and now their new boss (Robbie's old manager at Nth Queensland) has said he'll be dropping some of their "bigger stars" who are not performing. Robbie's scored just twice in ten games so whether he'll be one of them I don't know.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #211: Nov 15, 2010 06:08:13 am
      Robbie Fowler scored a hat-trick in Perth Glory's 3-1 victory over the Melbourne Victory. Their first win in 11 games.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #212: Nov 15, 2010 06:43:34 am
      Robbie Fowler scored a hat-trick in Perth Glory's 3-1 victory over the Melbourne Victory. Their first win in 11 games.

Brilliant!

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #213: Nov 15, 2010 06:54:18 am
      You can always rely on Robbie when the going gets tough,good on you Robbie and well done for getting a hat-trick.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #214: Nov 15, 2010 04:37:41 pm
      Only 35 too right? Get him back!!!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #215: Feb 04, 2011 01:11:01 pm
      FOWLER CRITICAL OF TORRES

Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler has criticised Fernando Torres following his record-breaking move to Chelsea.

The 35-year-old Perth Glory player was taking part in a radio promotion on Friday to raise money for Queensland flood victims.

Perth's players were asked to wear a 'Shirt that Hurt' for the event, and Fowler arrived in a number nine Liverpool top worn backwards and emblazoned with Torres' name, explaining it was to express his unhappiness at the £50million transfer.

"There is nothing wrong with the front of the shirt but it's just the name on the back," Fowler said.

"With what's happened this week, it's a shirt that not only myself but many Liverpool fans would rather not wear just yet.

"He (Torres) didn't leave the club in great hands or great shape but thankfully they managed to go out and buy a couple of decent players."

Fowler also wrote in his column in the West Australian newspaper: "There's something not quite right about the Spaniard's last-minute transfer to Chelsea.

"As a Liverpool fan it was disappointing to see Torres leave because on his day he's a world-class player and I want the best players at the club.

"But if I was a manager and a player said he didn't want to be at the club I'd try to get the best deal I could.

"Only a couple of weeks ago Torres was talking about how much he loved the fans and the club. He won't be getting a warm welcome next time he plays at Anfield."

source: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/02/04/SOCCER_Fowler_Torres.html

Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #216: Feb 04, 2011 01:14:33 pm
      Well said Gee O Dee.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Robbie Fowler
      Reply #217: Apr 07, 2011 04:45:51 pm
      I have just heard that Liverpool Legend Robbie Fowler has joined the coaching staff at Bury,he is only there for a short time to assist in the training of the strikers as to aid them into winning promotion to the next level.I'm sure they will benefit from his great history and prowess as a legendry striker.

Good Luck Robbie a True Anfield Hero.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Robbie Fowler
      Reply #218: Apr 07, 2011 05:13:07 pm
      Fowler working in Manchester, who'd have thought. Still, at least it will be easier for him to pop to Anfield now and then.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #219: Apr 07, 2011 05:18:00 pm
      Fowler working in Manchester, who'd have thought. Still, at least it will be easier for him to pop to Anfield now and then.

It's probably so he can look after all the houses he owns there. ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #220: Apr 07, 2011 05:50:09 pm
      Well he also played for Man City!
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #221: Apr 08, 2011 04:05:35 pm
      From Perth to Bury!!! Fair play that he can be arsed doing that! Legend!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #222: Jun 01, 2011 01:07:51 pm
      Just heard that Robbie Fowler won't be returning to Perth Glory next season due to family reasons. Good luck for the future Robbie, perhaps a coaching role at Liverpool will come up?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #223: Jun 01, 2011 02:29:24 pm
      Just heard that Robbie Fowler won't be returning to Perth Glory next season due to family reasons. Good luck for the future Robbie, perhaps a coaching role at Liverpool will come up?

Good luck Robbie thanks for touching down under.

Wonder how the Soccer federation and the A-league chiefs will take this, only read yesterday that they were willing to pump more millions in increasing the interest in the league. I am sure having a player of Robbie's calibre helps.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #224: Jun 01, 2011 02:32:59 pm
      Good luck Robbie thanks for touching down under.

Wonder how the Soccer federation and the A-league chiefs will take this, only read yesterday that they were willing to pump more millions in increasing the interest in the league. I am sure having a player of Robbie's calibre helps.

They can pump £4.5m in and take Poulsen. ;D

Lots of talk about Robbie returning to Liverpool as a coach, have to wait and see what develops on this one for sure.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #225: Jun 01, 2011 03:31:24 pm
      Robbie Fowler quits Australia to return to England
      Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler is returning to England from Australia to take his coaching badges.

The 36-year-old spent two years in Australia at North Queensland Fury and Perth Glory, and has recently helped with coaching at MK Dons and Bury.

"I have a wonderful and loving family to consider and with the children in school, it's best to keep them settled," said Fowler.

"I also need to stay in the UK to complete my coaching badges."

Fowler, who won 26 England caps, began his playing career at Liverpool in 1993, and remains one of the most popular players in the club's history.

In eight years at the club he played 236 times and scored 120 goals before joining Leeds in 2001.

He then had a spell at Manchester City in 2003 before making a shock return to Anfield in 2006, and then played for Cardiff and Blackburn before moving to Australia in 2009.

Recently he has spent time coaching in the English lower leagues and has spoken of his desire to move into management when his playing careered ends.

Perth chairman Tony Sage said he was disappointed but understood Fowler's decision, and that he left the club with their best wishes.

"Robbie has put Perth Glory on the world map and while I would've loved to have him here for a second season, as a husband and father I understand that his family comes first," said Sage.

"I also appreciate the fact that Robbie called me personally to tell me of his decision.

"Robbie will always be welcomed into the Perth Glory family and I can't thank him enough for his contribution to the football club."

Get your badges and then get to Melwood! Who better to teach our young strikers where to stick the ball than GOD?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #226: Jun 01, 2011 04:34:54 pm
      Loved having him in WA. :)
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #227: Jun 01, 2011 07:45:30 pm
      Watched him on the programme ,a league of their own he sounds fun guy. Would love to see him at Melwood in a few years teaching the young strikers.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #228: Jul 08, 2011 01:50:24 am
      Former Liverpool hero Robbie Fowler has agreed to sign for Thai club Muang Thong United.

Fowler, 36, left Perth Glory in June citing family reasons, and said he would "stay in the UK to complete my coaching badges".

However, the striker has now seemingly decided against a return to England and has instead agreed to move to the Thai Premier League.

"He agreed to play with Muang Thong United as a forward," team manager Ronnarit Suewaja told AFP.

"I'm confident that Thai football will improve as a famous player like him agreed to join us."

Fowler is expected to arrive in Thailand on Friday before completing the necessary formalities of his transfer.

The striker, who made 26 appearances for England, spent time coaching at MK Dons earlier this year.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07072011/58/world-football-fowler-shock-move-thailand.html

Go spread the Liverpool gospel while you're there, Robbie!

In fairness, he's got plenty of years to get into coaching so why not?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #229: Jul 08, 2011 08:30:39 am
      It was a surprise to me to see Robbie signing for a club in Thailand as a player,I could understand if he was going as a player coach to further his coaching education.I would of thought it is more difficult for Robbie and his family to adjust to conditions in Thailand than it was in Australia.All the same I wish Robbie the best of luck wherever he plays football,he certainly gave all REDS fans a lift when he came back home to Anfield from City.

Quick Reply