Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ian Stafford - Another Idiot Journo

Read 6072 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Ian Stafford - Another Idiot Journo
      Mar 11, 2007 05:28:28 pm
      Sports Journalist and former sport's editor of the Mail on Sunday Ian Stafford was interviewed on the Simon Mayo show on the BBC discussing the Champions League draw. 

A paraphrasing of what Stafford says follows below:

Mayo: If Liverpool end up playing Man U in the final, they may as well move it to somewhere like Villa Park?

Stafford: No, Hillsborough (laughs to himself)

Rest of Panel: Total silence

(long pause)

Mayo: Errr, moving on..."

The link to the audio is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio....ayo_fri

The guests are named around 5 minutes in the Hillsborough comment is on 8 minutes 48 seconds in.

Many have already emailed Simon Mayo complaining about Stafford's comments. You can do so as well by emailing mayo@bbc.co.uk

« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007 07:21:54 pm by JD »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Another Idiot Journo
      Reply #1: Mar 11, 2007 06:37:24 pm
      Beyond belief.  Truly beyond belief.  Mail on Sunday and the Daily Mail are good for two things, lighting fires and wiping your arse.

They won't miss my money because I never buy the rag anyway.  Doesn't surprise me.  Not going to spend too much time worrying about some other nomark.  Bet you he wrote on the sun at one point in his thrilling career to date.

Cock off.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2: Mar 11, 2007 06:49:38 pm
      Very Offensive...thanks for bringing that to all our attention EddieC
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Mar 11, 2007 07:20:59 pm
      I don't know what the BBC's problem is but this fella is a clown - simple.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007 07:21:39 pm by JD »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Ian Stafford - Another Idiot Journo
      Reply #4: Mar 11, 2007 08:17:01 pm
      He shat himself after he said that, he knew he was guilty!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Mar 12, 2007 09:02:08 pm
      This is another cheep shot at Liverpool in general. I was watching a "Comedy" programme on BBC a few weeks a go, can't remember the name, but it was the one hosted by the Irish bloke dermund something, and the answer to the prison population problem was.................... "To build a wall around Liverpool" so funny I switched off, most of these idiots have never been to this City. It really pi$$es me off, for if we were to critisise other places we would be chastised. They do not know what they are missing. They are quite happy to live in their ivory towers as the media come from London and Manchester, the two places with the highest crime rates. Sorry went off on one, a bit like 606 in the good old days.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #6: Mar 12, 2007 09:38:12 pm
      Sorry went off on one, a bit like 606 in the good old days.

Oh boy not that site, don't remind me, please
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: Mar 13, 2007 11:55:45 pm
      This is another cheep shot at Liverpool in general. I was watching a "Comedy" programme on BBC a few weeks a go, can't remember the name, but it was the one hosted by the Irish bloke dermund something, and the answer to the prison population problem was.................... "To build a wall around Liverpool" so funny I switched off, most of these idiots have never been to this City. It really pi$$es me off, for if we were to critisise other places we would be chastised. They do not know what they are missing. They are quite happy to live in their ivory towers as the media come from London and Manchester, the two places with the highest crime rates. Sorry went off on one, a bit like 606 in the good old days.

Think he's a United fan that cock.  I saw him on Jonathon Ross once (who I also can't stand) and he couldn't take Ross trying to imitate the Irish accent but he can dish it out.  Tosser.

I'd have Liverpool over London and Manchester.  I used to (have to) visit Manchester regularly once a week for a couple of years.  I got my wallet pinched out my pocket and every time passed about 10 beggars..  Manchester is the crime capital of the North West. It's a fact. 

Anyway..........

Apparently Ian Stafford is now trying to make it he said Hillsborough referring only to the fact that it used to have FA Cup Semi's like Villa Park.

Yeah, right.  What was the little stupid laugh for then you idiot?
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2007 11:57:38 pm by JD »

Quick Reply