Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Any Old Gold ?

Read 2297 times
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Any Old Gold ?
      Jul 19, 2009 04:56:26 pm
      Have been wondering what the wife has been up to for the last couple of day's and it turns out she has been collecting all her broken gold jewellery and from her sister and mother.
      when she weighed it it comes to 79 grams of 9k  which is worth £525 in scrap value. Happy days.

The company is, How Cash For Gold and their website with all the details is www.howcashforgold.co.uk

Good hunting.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Any Old Gold ?
      Reply #1: Jul 19, 2009 05:09:21 pm
      Gold and other metals are worth afew bob at the moment so cash in while you can I have a bag of gold and its worth a few bob,but I'm gonna wait a little bit because I think the price may go up for old gold to another couple of % per gram.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #2: Jul 24, 2009 04:40:47 pm
      Just had the money put into our account a nice £548.22 better than expected, really happy with that.  ;D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #3: Jul 24, 2009 07:34:12 pm
      Not to be bearer of bad news, but those companies that buy the scrap gold online are really ripping people off and taking advantage of people. Their only popular now becasue of the state of the world economy.  5 years ago no one would consider selling their gold at those costs. 

I'm not saying this to piss you off, Gareth G.  I am so pissed that these companies are cheating people out of their money. These companies are just a level above "conmen". They prey on people who are desperate for cash or money to pay bills, rent, car payment etc.. One of these companies was chastised for target advertising to the elderly and sick. These companies have "Gold Parties" where they go to fixed locations and buy gold.  Some of them were going to and intentionally targeting retirement and hospice care facilitities and buying top quality gold and payiing pennies on the dollar to Senior Citizens who didn't know better. They used hard sell tactics and "scared" people into selling it to them. They tell people that gold prices are falling and they need to sell now or their gold will be worth nothing in 8 months.

A better deal would be to go to any jewelry store, either sell it to the Jeweler direct or have him smelt it for you and turn it into one piece.  Make a "Custom" Gold Coin or have him smelt it into a "mini" Gold Bar. 

If a family emergency comes up or something serious where you need money immediately then "Cash For Gold" is an option. However, If you are just looking for extra money or want to get rid of jewelry then that is a BAD investment. If you compared your scrap weight to the standard price of Gold in the World Market, you can see what its worth. 

Go to www.goldprice.org.  Do a little homework and you can make more money. Dont let these f***in' leeches take your money. Currently gold is selling at avg. 18.00 GBP per Gram. Your 79 Grams should of paid you 1470.00 GBP.   Depending on purity, overhead etc,etc,... You should of received, at minimum 1000.00 GBP If you cut out the "Cash For Gold" people. I dont know where you live, I assume U.K.  Every major city will have a Jewelry district or Diamond District.  If you live in the U.K best bet would be London. Contact regular Jewelry stores. DONT go to guys who advertise "Buying Gold" or "I Buy Gold".  Plus, Its only worth it if you have a good amount of weight.  A regular Jeweler wont buy a small ring or earings. They will buy a large amount of quality gold and pay you a fair/reasonable price. Find a Jeweler who makes custom jewelery. They will always buy quality gold and make their own pieces, whether it is rings, necklaces, earrings.

These "Cash For Gold" companies are really ripping people off and taking advantage of the economy. If you got 550.00 from them they can sell it to a jeweler for 1250.00 who in turns puts it into a necklace or ring and sells it for 2000.00.. If you cut out the middle man, you can make an additional 60-70%.  They expect people to not know how to sell gold. They LOVE people who dont know what to do.

I know this because my Father is in the watch/jewelry business and he saw one of those commercials and told me exactly what they do.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Jul 26, 2009 07:52:10 pm
      They're all at it at the minute. There's a jewellers at the top of our road who are advertising in local papers for unwanted gold.

It's better in your pocket though Gareth. Even if it's a bit of a sham it's £500 odd you never had. ;)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #5: Jul 27, 2009 07:21:32 pm
      They're all at it at the minute. There's a jewellers at the top of our road who are advertising in local papers for unwanted gold.

It's better in your pocket though Gareth. Even if it's a bit of a sham it's £500 odd you never had. ;)
      I know mate , it was stuck in the wife's jewellery box , no good for anything. I asked her for £100 and she said no, oh well.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Jul 27, 2009 09:59:46 pm
      I know mate , it was stuck in the wife's jewellery box , no good for anything. I asked her for £100 and she said no, oh well.

She kept it all to herself?  :o What a meanie.

Hopefully she'll surprise you to something nice that you don't know about Gareth.

Quick Reply