Trending Topics

Liverpool Pre Season Fixtures 2009/10

Read 34134 times
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Re: Liverpool Pre Season Fixtures 2009/10
      Reply #138: Jun 25, 2009 09:35:56 pm
      Dunmanway Vs Liverpool on the 6th August in Cork.

JD, score prediction ???  ???
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #139: Jun 25, 2009 10:12:03 pm
      Do not know whether to put this on the Jokes or Funny Stuff thread. but I hope this prices are not indicative of our Debt Situaton. :lmao:

First off anyone buying tickets off that must be thick, it's a friendly FFS!!

Also they're charging £136.50 for what effectively will be a £20 ticket.

Although I've heard Thomas Cook are doing a match-break including hotel for just under £100.

F***ing stinks imo.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #140: Jun 25, 2009 10:15:17 pm
      Do not know whether to put this on the Jokes or Funny Stuff thread. but I hope this prices are not indicative of our Debt Situaton. :lmao:

Behind which goal? Isn't there usually two on a football pitch.
      summers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #141: Jun 29, 2009 10:39:17 am
      great i cant wait
      lepupe
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #142: Jul 12, 2009 10:29:27 am
      the game in st.gallen next wednesday is (a bit surprisingly) sold out now.
      today is already the start of the new season, st.gallen playing at home against top team of fc basel. As Ascender the team has to play the 3 top teams in the first 3 games (2 away).
      The coach of st.gallen has said in an interview, that he will start with the top-team on wednesday, but change a lot during the game. he tries to simulate the following week a bit with 3 matches (we call this an "english week"  ;D) but also save the top-players a bit.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #143: Jul 14, 2009 12:53:46 pm
       YOUR GUIDE TO PRE-SEASON
      St Gallen

Founded in 1879, St Gallen are Switzerland's oldest football club. They play at the AFG Arena, which holds 20,000. A look through the opposition squad won't fire up too many familiar names, though former Sunderland and West Brom defender Bernt Haas now plies his trade for the Swiss outfit. The visit of Liverpool should be the perfect way to prepare for a new season in the Swiss top flight after promotion last term.

Rapid Vienna

Another unknown quantity lies ahead in Austria where the Reds will face Rapid Vienna at the Ernst Happel Stadium, which holds 18,500. The Green-Whites have bagged 32 league titles in their history with the most recent coming in 2008. However, qualification into the Champions League was short-lived thanks to a 6-1 second qualifying round exit to Anorthosis Famagusta. Vienna will have no No.5 in their line up after it was retired until 2011 as a mark of respect for club legend Peter Schottel, who made 436 appearances between 1986-2002.

Thailand

A familiar face will lead the Thailand national side out against the Reds on July 22 - former Everton midfielder Peter Reid took charge in September 2008. Earlier this year, Reid admitted not knowing a lot about Thai football and refers to his players by squad numbers as opposed to their tongue-twisting names. Reid is joined by former Tranmere and Liverpool youth goalkeeper Steve Darby who has managed clubs in nearby Singapore and Malaysia. The Reds met the Thai national side prior to the 2003-04 campaign and ran out 3-1 winners with goals coming from Emile Heskey and a Vladimir Smicer double.

Singapore

Four days later the Singapore national side will be the opposition, and despite never meeting before, Liverpool have played against a select XI from the Singapore League in pre-season 2001. The Reds won 2-0 with strike duo Emile Heskey and Michael Owen finding the net. Ranked by FIFA at 134 in the world, the Asian side cannot wait to pit their wits against the superstars of Liverpool at the Kallang National Stadium.

Espanyol

Rafa and the boys will be the first visitors to Espanyol's new 40,000 Estadi RCDI on August 2. In the opposition line-up will be European Cup winner Steve Finnan, who was sold to the Spaniards last summer. Spanish midfielder Albert Riera will also be up against his former club where he played 72 games and netted on eight occasions. Despite living in the shadows of neighbours Barcelona, Espanyol are Spain's sixth most successful club, winning the Copa del Rey four times. Although the sides have never met, Liverpool have many happy memories of performances in the city of Barcelona, most recently in 2007 en route to the Champions League final.

FC Lyn

Next stop will be Oslo where the Reds come up against FC Lyn at the Ullevall Stadion. Again a new opposition for Rafa's men to combat, but memories of Robbie Fowler in Norway will come flooding back. Scoring arguably one of the club's greatest ever goals against Brann in 1997, the incredible Fowler flicked the ball over his head then struck it sweetly into the corner. The Norwegian national side which claimed bronze at the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin consisted of six players from Lyn. Last season they finished 7th in the Norwegian Premier League and fell at the quarter-final stage of the Norwegian Football Cup.

Atletico Madrid

Fernando Torres' former club Atletico Madrid will be this year's only pre-season visitors to Anfield. After missing out on facing his old employers twice last season through injury, El Nino will finally get the opportunity to line up against a club where he made 214 appearances and netted 82 goals. Other familiar faces in the opposition team could be Luis Garcia and Florent Sinama Pongolle, who both played their part in Liverpool's Champions League victory in 2005. The Spaniards finished fourth in La Liga last time out so will be in the third qualifying round for the Champions League later in the month.

More information regarding the teams, some of them are relatively unknown especially football in countries like Singapore and Thailand. I might touch on that later if you have any interest in them.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #144: Jul 14, 2009 01:35:07 pm
      What fixtures have we got if we include the Liverpool XI team

I know there are friendlies at Tranmere, Chester and Notts County
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2009 09:42:47 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Corrected spelling »
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #145: Jul 14, 2009 01:39:56 pm
      What fixtures have we got if we include the Liverpool XI team

I know there are friendlies at Tranmere, Chester and Notss County

Reserve team will be playing that as the Rafa & co will be down at the Far East from 20th July to 27th July.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #146: Jul 14, 2009 01:56:26 pm

There is no way this is real
      lepupe
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #147: Jul 14, 2009 06:12:59 pm
      an update from st.gallen:

-game sold out, 19'500
      -bernt haas, mentionned above has only played one game in 2 years, because of injury. he is still injured. I will include the team-lineup from last sunday for your reference - but I am sure, you will not know any player  ;D
      -on sunday the team has played the season-openair against top-team basel and has won with great fighting spirit 2:0. (budget st.gallen 8Mio, Basel 30Mio CFr)
      FC St. Gallen - FC Basel 2:0 (0:0)
      ARENA - 19'500 Zuschauer - SR Busacca.
      Goals: 1:0 Frick (51.), 2:0 Costanzo (82.).
      St. Gallen: Lopar; Fernando, Schenkel, Koubsky, Zellweger; Nushi (78. Martic), Muntwiler, Costanzo, Zé Vitor (86. Hämmerli); Merenda (70. Cáceres), Frick.
      Basel: Costanzo; Safari (79. Perovic), Atan, Ferati, Inkoom; Stocker (62. Shaqiri), da Silva, Sahin (73. Mustafi); Streller, Almerares.

-Uli Forte, Coach of St.Gallen, has indicated, that he might start with the top 11 and change often.
      -R.Benitez has said today in a press conference, that all players should be playing tomorrow incl. the "stars". he plans complete exchange of team at half-time. Torres is not in Switzerland. He studied match St.Gallen-Basel and has a good idea what they play.

scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #148: Jul 14, 2009 06:22:30 pm
      Any the game on normal tv IE lfc tv or even channel 5 ? usally on 5
      MsGerrard
      Reply #149: Jul 14, 2009 09:43:50 pm
      All of Liverpool pre-season matches are live on LFC TV.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #150: Jul 14, 2009 10:02:01 pm

Just checked them again.

I'm afraid they are! But much cheeper from the OWS.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #151: Jul 14, 2009 10:05:25 pm
      All of Liverpool pre-season matches are live on LFC TV.

Correction.  They're all on 'live' on the official site if you are a paying e-season ticket member.

Otherwise they are delayed by a couple of hours for the 'free' viewers of the LFC TV station.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #152: Jul 14, 2009 10:09:04 pm
      Well annoying.

I thought I was going to able to watch the game live tommorow. Maybe I'll just have to settle for a stream. That's if there is one available...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #153: Jul 15, 2009 01:42:42 am
      Well annoying.

I thought I was going to able to watch the game live tommorow. Maybe I'll just have to settle for a stream. That's if there is one available...

You can always come down to Australia mate, it's on at live at 4am Melbourne time. ;D   I'll be up watching.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #154: Jul 15, 2009 02:50:24 am
      A stream would be nice.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #155: Jul 15, 2009 09:08:54 pm
      Correction.  They're all on 'live' on the official site if you are a paying e-season ticket member.

Otherwise they are delayed by a couple of hours for the 'free' viewers of the LFC TV station.

I made a mistake there, i thought I'd read that they were showing all of Liverpool's pre-season games live on LFC TV, not just for e-season ticket members, anyway I don't like that e-season thingy much.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #156: Jul 15, 2009 09:10:47 pm
      That be one friendly down.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #157: Jul 16, 2009 11:19:54 am
      Is it true that Stevie might be missing the Asia tour due to his court hearing on July 20th which lasts for about 2 weeks?

I'd be really gutted.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #158: Jul 19, 2009 09:31:20 am
      Did anyone post that were playing Atletico? :o I dont know when, I think its 8 August I donno. GO THE REDS :aaliverpoolwz0:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #159: Jul 21, 2009 02:41:34 pm
      CHESTER FRIENDLY CALLED OFF
      Steve Hunter 20 July 2009

Liverpool's scheduled pre-season friendly with Chester City on Tuesday night has been cancelled. 
      This is due to the FA refusing to grant Chester a licence to play the fixture. City can't play any friendly matches until the problem is resolved.

A John McMahon managed Liverpool XI are next in action on Friday night when they take on Tranmere Rovers at 7.45pm.

Don't forget you can watch the match against John Barnes' new team live on this website.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165119090720-1440.htm

Quick Reply