Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Rapid Vienna 1-0 Liverpool - post match thoughts

Read 18785 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Rapid Vienna 1-0 Liverpool - post match thoughts
      Reply #69: Jul 20, 2009 04:01:11 pm
      It was disappointing to lose. Like others say, as a Liverpool fan I want to see us win every game. But the whole essence of pre-season is us putting a team out that haven't ever played as a team before. Nowhere near it. I'm disappointed that some of the young lads haven't taken their chance to shine and we should have created more chances. I think we need a world class midfield playmaker as much as we need back-up for Torres. It's a concern. Yes, Pacheco looks like he has promise, but has no-one ever explained to him what passing a ball is? Greedy little f**ker!

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Had we had our first team out there we would have tonked them. And the nearer to the actual season kicking off the more consistently we'll see something more like a first team and better performances.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #70: Jul 20, 2009 05:35:28 pm
      We're clearly missing Xabi, there's no control to the team when they're out there, obviously cuz they're young and inexperienced but imagine us playing like that in the league without Alonso! :o
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #71: Jul 20, 2009 06:08:17 pm
      You're right there mate. Alonso pulls all the strings, the orchestrator of the team. Just hoping he plays on the tour. If he plays he stays. If we are to sell him on then there is no way he will be allowed to play, due to a possible injury killing off the deal. So Rafa, make sure he starts the next game please.
      SG8LFC
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #72: Jul 20, 2009 06:55:22 pm
      All about fitness,result isn't important at this stage of the season.

Couldn't agree more. I think too many of us get frustrated over a friendly. I'd rather us lose every friendly if it meant the youngsters got on the pitch and we found a couple worthy enough to break into the first team.
      thereds0404
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • Died Hard Fan's Liverpool FC
      Reply #73: Jul 21, 2009 02:07:56 am
      The boys really cannot beat a team that not in they league. Rapid Vienna look more dangerous then Liverpool. All attacking that Liverpool play cannot harm Rapid Vienna. Liverpool should really think about bringing new strike force. Liverpool need to spent little bit money on transfers this summer. Get the right players with the right price.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Jul 21, 2009 03:51:50 am
      The boys really cannot beat a team that not in they league. Rapid Vienna look more dangerous then Liverpool. All attacking that Liverpool play cannot harm Rapid Vienna. Liverpool should really think about bringing new strike force. Liverpool need to spent little bit money on transfers this summer. Get the right players with the right price.

Yeah, apparently we're Man City.

You realise Torres was out?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #75: Jul 21, 2009 07:09:23 am
      Hey I wanted to comment He looks like our Liverpool 'Messi', but someone done it.
      Anyway the concern is his size. Dunno if can suit the EPL, however Owen was 'small' too.
      Body strength needed I guess.

If you're good enough, you're big enough.
      Mascherano is hardly big, Judas, Benayoun etc. All of them aren't the biggest.
      JayDLFC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts | -1 
      Reply #76: Jul 21, 2009 12:44:54 pm
      ahh well its over and done with now guys a friedly is a friendly i dont care if we lose friendlys its other games that matter yah and i agree it is nice to test out youngsters and maybe tell few of our young strikers to try and copy a torres style approach to the game! and sell ngog :D i hate him but yea was nice to see our youngsters play even if we did lose
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #77: Jul 21, 2009 01:29:02 pm
      Rapid Vienna is a decent regular European Team. Our team couldnt even be qualified as 2nd string. We mixed and matched players playing for the first time all together. What do we expect? Them to be cohesive? It was only for all the lads to get a run out and know each other.

Results matter in competitions. At that rate we would be even considering 5-aside training matches next season!

Quick Reply