Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Things that swept the playground

Read 13284 times
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: Things that swept the playground
      Reply #69: Jul 31, 2009 01:03:31 am
      I stuck two on, but couldn't reconcile the gap?
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #70: Aug 01, 2009 09:42:11 am
      I can't find my collection of the England World Cup Squad coins produced for Esso in 1970,Its'a full set in mint condition boxed and even contains Henry Newton.
      It even has other stuff with it such as my World Cup Willie badge and other 66 memorabilia.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #71: Aug 02, 2009 05:57:09 am
      In the States we had Baseball Cards, Usually 10-12 cards a pack, with gum and then in every 10 packs you would pull a "special: card, limited edition with an authograph or game used material, like a uniform swatch, hologram or piece of a Baseball bat, etc...

Did they have EPL cards or any sort of Football cards in England?
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #72: Aug 02, 2009 06:12:40 am
      YANK_LFC_FAN: Here's your answer.

There's a craze that recently swept across me and my mates, well we haven't really grown up yet I guess! ::)

Football cards by the name of Match Attax - does anyone here collect them? I'm in the 08/09 season now and about to complete the whole collection, about 40 cards more to go.

I vividly remember waiting for the school bell to ring, me and our mates would run to a nearby petrol station beside our school, and looking like cheeky idiots we would end up buying many packs of match attax. It's produced in the UK by a company called Topps, and there are many editions to it, base cards, star player, man of the match, limited editions and hundred clubs. There is also a one of a kind, autographed hunderd club Fabregas card. Only 100 of these in the world.

It is stupid I know but it would be interesting to collect the whole album. And nothing beats the adrenaline of opening a card pack!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #73: Aug 02, 2009 08:36:55 am
      In the States we had Baseball Cards, Usually 10-12 cards a pack, with gum and then in every 10 packs you would pull a "special: card, limited edition with an authograph or game used material, like a uniform swatch, hologram or piece of a Baseball bat, etc...

Did they have EPL cards or any sort of Football cards in England?
      We've got cards similiar to that over here except there for AFL.

Quick Reply