Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 465783 times
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #1403: Apr 22, 2014 08:10:30 pm
      John Salakho also made the point when we lost points over Christmas by poor decisions against us Brendan did not blame the Ref

He did after the City game did he not? He questioned why Lee Mason was in charge of a Man City game being from the North West.

Just the one outburst though that I can remember.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1404: Apr 22, 2014 08:54:51 pm
      I watched Pelligrini  getting interviewed after the Sunderland match and once again he came across as a genuine sincere manager. He refused to blame the loss of 2 points on some of his players being out injured, or the match officials, or they had played us REDS 3 days earlier. Are you reading and learning from this post Ferguson and Mourinho,I  thought not.

I like Pelligrini, he' comes across as a genuinely likeable fella, he's always dignified.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1405: Apr 22, 2014 10:03:56 pm
      Rumours that Silva could be out for the season!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1406: Apr 22, 2014 10:30:10 pm
      Rumours that Silva could be out for the season!

Excellent! Especially if Yaya Toure is still out?!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1407: Apr 24, 2014 02:56:17 pm
      city fans are up in arms about maureen fielding a weakened team at the weekend.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1408: Apr 24, 2014 03:20:11 pm

Just been reading a few comments. They're not happy.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=300408
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1409: Apr 24, 2014 07:21:17 pm

Can't really blame them, though. I'd be pretty pissed too if I was City.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1410: Apr 24, 2014 07:27:18 pm
      Can't really blame them, though. I'd be pretty pissed too if I was City.

True. At the same time though they have spent a hell of a lot of money last summer on the likes of Negredo, Navas etc so to have not taken their chances and be closer to the top, well, that's their look out. They had the chance to beat us but couldn't do it. The season is based on 38 games and if we win the league it's because we have been the best team and the most deserving. Chelsea's so called "reserve team" or whatever is still better than half the team's first 11 in the league anyway. They will still be fielding players that cost £15mill, £20mill+ and we will still have to play well to beat them.

City don't like it then that's their problem, if they had beaten us it wouldn't have even been an issue but they didn't because they weren't good enough so they can bi*ch and moan about Chelsea playing a "weakened team" all they want, fact is they have spent a load of money and not made the most of it...again.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1411: Apr 26, 2014 01:49:00 pm
      Well it certainly didn't take city fans long to develop a sense of entitlement did it.

They can't fill their own stadium (HA!) when they are challenging for the league or for big European nights, so they are starting to seem as plastic as chelski.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1412: Apr 26, 2014 01:50:06 pm

I don't think he will mate
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1413: Apr 26, 2014 01:51:51 pm

Nor me.

I think it's his usual bluster and bullshit combined with getting his excuses in early.

It's funny to see the city fans doing a warnock though. Like the other 37 games don't matter.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1414: Apr 26, 2014 01:59:18 pm
      Nor me.

I think it's his usual bluster and bullshit combined with getting his excuses in early.

It's funny to see the city fans doing a warnock though. Like the other 37 games don't matter.

Definitely mate

All his usual bollocks
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1415: May 01, 2014 03:00:47 am
      It is about time Premier League sanctioned teams for breaching FFP, Man City going to get a slap on the wrist while winning the league. The fine Man City will get will probably be a tenth of the difference from finishing 1st or 2nd with TV rights payments. They should be stripped of PL if they win, how can any team win a trohpy while breaking financial rules. Sickening. They should be demoted to 6th, behind the Europa league spot... that's what I would do.. set a example out to rule breakers. According to multiple sources breaking the rules can have penalties ranging from warning, withholding of prize money, exclusion from European competitions or stripped of a title. City will probably spend 100m over and get a warning :mad:
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2014 03:24:54 am by Ribapuru »
      3rdJune1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #1416: May 01, 2014 04:36:07 pm
      My concern with FFP is how are we going to comply - I don't care about other clubs.

We've had big losses recently and whilst we've not been in th CL it's not mattered - next year we'll be included in their FFP review I think and because Fenways money put into LFC is as a loan not an injection of equity the loss limits are vastly reduced unless they turn their loans into equity.

Anyone know any more?
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #1417: May 06, 2014 11:33:32 am
      City have been fined £50million, can only register 21 players for Champions League, not 25 and must freeze the wages of their Champions League squad. How will this effect them, the owners will just raise the price of oil to cover their costs.
      The Premier league need to get tough too.
      Fines will do nothing, they are not short.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1419: May 06, 2014 01:46:34 pm
      So Aguero is out tomorrow with a groin strain...

Obviously a bit too much exercise after last night eh Sergio lad
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1420: May 06, 2014 01:48:28 pm
      It is about time Premier League sanctioned teams for breaching FFP, Man City going to get a slap on the wrist while winning the league. The fine Man City will get will probably be a tenth of the difference from finishing 1st or 2nd with TV rights payments. They should be stripped of PL if they win, how can any team win a trohpy while breaking financial rules. Sickening. They should be demoted to 6th, behind the Europa league spot... that's what I would do.. set a example out to rule breakers. According to multiple sources breaking the rules can have penalties ranging from warning, withholding of prize money, exclusion from European competitions or stripped of a title. City will probably spend 100m over and get a warning :mad:

Would like the Premier league to match the sanctions .... the 21 man squad would have a severe impact over a full season
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1421: May 06, 2014 01:49:45 pm
      No new players for them next season then  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1422: May 06, 2014 02:13:42 pm
      So many City fans that I know are complaining about the severity of the fine they're receiving, I basically told them that every team agreed to abide by the rules or face punishment but their arrogance has landed them in the sh*t for thinking they could get away with it.

They also seem to think that the 21 player squad in the Champions League won't affect them but they're wrong there too. If they qualify for the knockout rounds which take place after Christmas, it's going to be a draining experience for their players. Also, with the likes of Richards, Lescott and Rodwell possibly leaving I'd love to see who is going to take their place in the quota. They're going to need to target English players this summer.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #1423: May 06, 2014 02:14:38 pm
      No new players for them next season then  ;D

It's a travesty, we should take to the streets in protest. How can they do this to poor little City!  ;D

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1424: May 06, 2014 02:22:06 pm
      It's a travesty, we should take to the streets in protest. How can they do this to poor little City!  ;D

Nah, f**k em hun.  They've paid a kings ransom since their recent owners took over to build a squad that would win everything in sight and become the dominant force in English and European football.  They've broken every financial rule, cheating with clever accounting as they go and now they've been penalised.

They've failed, miserably and long may it continue  ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1425: May 06, 2014 02:43:11 pm
      I'm shocked UEFA had the balls to do anything to be honest with you. Great to see they grew something resembling a backbone, though it could be argued that City should be booted from the competition outright for clear violations of the FFP rules. It's a start though.

Quick Reply