Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 462631 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #1909: Oct 17, 2016 06:03:59 am
      As for Aguero, never known a player bottle it so much on penalties, he's worse than Owen was!

Whisper it quietly, but i don't think he's that good...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1910: Oct 17, 2016 07:56:38 am

He's certainly not a natural finisher, he misses a lot of good chances. If he didn't play in a team that creates as many chances as City then I doubt he would be hitting 20 goals a season.
      Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but he's no where near the level of Suarez, Messi and Ronaldo

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1911: Oct 17, 2016 03:35:04 pm
      He's certainly not a natural finisher, he misses a lot of good chances. If he didn't play in a team that creates as many chances as City then I doubt he would be hitting 20 goals a season.
      Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but he's no where near the level of Suarez, Messi and Ronaldo

Na disagree with you there Kenny.

I think Aguero is prob the best striker in the league. Sturridge as a finisher would push him close but is never fit enough to get a consistent run.

As for Messi, Suarez and Ronaldo they are all on a completely different level but Ageuro is certainly the level below albeit a lot lower.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1912: Oct 17, 2016 07:28:15 pm
      I think Aguero is prob the best striker in the league.

To be honest, that isn't exactly hard. The standard of strikers in the Premiership at the moment is terrible.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1913: Oct 18, 2016 03:42:11 pm
      I don't know if Aguero is or isn't as good as his record, but we'd be so lucky as to have a guy who scores about 20 goals a season.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1914: Oct 18, 2016 04:38:03 pm

Top 5 in the world though? 5 better strikers than Aguero, not including Messi and Ronaldo...go!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1915: Oct 18, 2016 05:35:45 pm
      Top 5 in the world though? 5 better strikers than Aguero, not including Messi and Ronaldo...go!

Suarez
      Lewandowski
      Aubamayang
      Dybala
      Griezmann
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1916: Oct 18, 2016 06:11:09 pm
      Suarez
      Lewandowski
      Aubamayang
      Dybala
      Griezmann

Suarez, lewandowski and Griezmann would be ahead of aguero for me. Id take him ahead of Aubameyang and Dybala though I reckon
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1917: Oct 18, 2016 06:17:21 pm
      Suarez, lewandowski and Griezmann would be ahead of aguero for me. Id take him ahead of Aubameyang and Dybala though I reckon

Fair enough. I think many would take the first three over Aguero and it's down to preference with the other two.

For me, Aguero benefits from the players behind him more than he improves the players around him. Even guys like Dzeko and Negredo banged in goals when playing for City. Whereas guys like Griezmann, Dybala and Suarez improve the players around them.

I'd still take all five + Aguero in our side, though :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1918: Oct 19, 2016 10:17:47 pm
      Trounced 4-0 at the Nou Camp, unlucky Pep!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1919: Oct 20, 2016 12:05:10 am
      A bit of a culture shock not having a ready made squad, oh well I'm sure the sheik will open his cheque book  :roll:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1920: Oct 20, 2016 09:14:42 am
      Just imagine how many Barca would of scored if Pep had not had inside info on them. :laugh:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1921: Oct 20, 2016 10:50:53 am
      Nothing worse when the ex showing you up by making you realise the mistake you made in leaving them.... ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1922: Oct 20, 2016 12:20:05 pm
      The performance just goes to show how far the premiership is behind in Europe. It's frightening, can't see a English team winning the Cl for a while unfortunately
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1923: Oct 20, 2016 02:44:05 pm
      If Man City want to beat Barcelona, then perhaps they should play like LFC & not like Barcelona.

Champions League: Man City play like Barcelona, says Gerard Pique
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37695419

Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: Sadio Mane scores first goal for the Reds in friendly
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999262

#JustSayin'
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1924: Oct 20, 2016 06:28:16 pm
      Honeymoon period is over for Pep... reality of the task ahead with a bunch of mercenaries is now very clear and apparent.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #1925: Oct 21, 2016 05:04:39 am
      No ready made squad, more than 1 rivals in all competitions(Unlike his previous stints), seems like he is going to find it quite difficult here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1926: Oct 21, 2016 02:07:11 pm
      Honeymoon period is over for Pep... reality of the task ahead with a bunch of mercenaries is now very clear and apparent.

Claims in the Mirror that he's already fallen out with Aguero.

It's not going to end well this for Pep :laugh:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1927: Oct 21, 2016 02:19:36 pm
      Guardiola is such an overrated manager it's ridiculous. He has always had ready-made squads with world-class players in abundance. Now he's here with a much worse bunch of players than he had at Bayern or Barca, his tactics - mainly (sorry, entirely) based on possession are being found out. Again (for clarification, see: Barcelona vs Inter Milan; Barcelona vs Bayern Munich (2014)).

No plan B. Everyone capable of being dropped in an instant by this egotistical, arrogant "manager" (Hart, Aguero, Touré - arguably City's three best players over the past 4 years). That wouldn't motivate me to play for him at all.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1928: Oct 21, 2016 04:40:11 pm
      Guardiola is such an overrated manager it's ridiculous. He has always had ready-made squads with world-class players in abundance. Now he's here with a much worse bunch of players than he had at Bayern or Barca, his tactics - mainly (sorry, entirely) based on possession are being found out. Again (for clarification, see: Barcelona vs Inter Milan; Barcelona vs Bayern Munich (2014)).

No plan B. Everyone capable of being dropped in an instant by this egotistical, arrogant "manager" (Hart, Aguero, Touré - arguably City's three best players over the past 4 years). That wouldn't motivate me to play for him at all.

Selling Hart is fair enough if he doesn't think he's good enough but he's home-grown and his replacement hasn't exactly been Iniesta on the ball so far has he?

Toure is willing to do the attacking stuff but isn't arsed about getting back and helping the team, he's also not very good at winning the ball back. The decision to not play him makes sense in that respect.

I don't have an absolute opinion either way on whether he's overrated or not but what I will say - and it's something I've said multiple times - is that I really don't like his method of man management. He comes across as somebody that thinks he's better than everybody else at times. I'll never forget him giving Kimmich a battering on the field after a game last season in which he was man of the match, the lad was quality yet got slated in front of the cameras and crowd.

No idea what's going on with him and Aguero.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1929: Oct 21, 2016 06:03:19 pm
      He's just a less arrogant version of mourinho. Both have been getting found out, both have suffered 4 games without a win this season already and these 2 are meant to be the be all and end all of managers.

Their both jokes and like I said, City don't concern me in the slightest. Especially now he's alienating Aguero, virtually their only goal scorer along with his sick note buddy KDB.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1930: Oct 21, 2016 07:16:08 pm

What a load of nonsense. You should stop reading so much British press who are so keen to write off talented foreign managers ahead of their time, we had the same situation when Rafa was our boss.

Who made that Barca squad for him? they had not won anything for 2 years........and put together probably one of the greatest club side ever.

When was his tactics found out when he was winning league titles for Barca or Bayern! Its fair enough not liking the guy but honestly.......
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1931: Oct 22, 2016 08:14:22 pm
      What a load of nonsense. You should stop reading so much British press who are so keen to write off talented foreign managers ahead of their time, we had the same situation when Rafa was our boss.

Who made that Barca squad for him? they had not won anything for 2 years........and put together probably one of the greatest club side ever.

When was his tactics found out when he was winning league titles for Barca or Bayern! Its fair enough not liking the guy but honestly.......

Ha. Oh, you're serious. Okay.

I don't read what our press have to say, they talk a load of sh*te so I stay away from it deliberately. Comparing my opinion on Pep to the media on Rafa is downright insulting, to be honest.

Rijkaard made the Barca squad for him; they peaked for Rijkaard in 2006 and Pep brought his "philosophy" in, which was not only brand-new to football but was perfectly-suited to the world-class technicians that Barcelona had at the time. The way I see it is Rijkaard put it together - Pep perfected and maintained it. They were then undone by José's bus-parking Inter after a thumping in the first leg at the San Siro. Chelsea then did it to them two years later. Like I said, their weakness is not having a backup plan when it all goes wrong.

In addition, how hard can it possibly be to win titles at Bayern when you keep buying your main rivals' best players? Germany has a historically weaker league than that of Spain and England, so it was never going to be a huge challenge winning the league there. He wanted the Champions league, which his predecessor, Heynckes, managed as part of a German club team's first ever treble.

As for winning titles at Barcelona - his style was still new, teams were still adapting and figuring out ways to combat it. Real managed to under Mourinho in the 11/12 season whilst scoring 121 goals and procuring Madrid 100 points (more than Barca had managed under Guardiola).

I actually don't dislike the guy, you're very wrong on that. He seems like a nice enough person, but he is extremely overrated and the love-in that a lot of people have for him is ridiculous. He's been found out with a weaker squad, it's that simple.

Quick Reply