Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread

Read 464208 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Man City Thread
      Reply #1932: Oct 23, 2016 09:55:42 am
      Ha. Oh, you're serious. Okay.

I don't read what our press have to say, they talk a load of sh*te so I stay away from it deliberately. Comparing my opinion on Pep to the media on Rafa is downright insulting, to be honest.

Rijkaard made the Barca squad for him; they peaked for Rijkaard in 2006 and Pep brought his "philosophy" in, which was not only brand-new to football but was perfectly-suited to the world-class technicians that Barcelona had at the time. The way I see it is Rijkaard put it together - Pep perfected and maintained it. They were then undone by José's bus-parking Inter after a thumping in the first leg at the San Siro. Chelsea then did it to them two years later. Like I said, their weakness is not having a backup plan when it all goes wrong.

In addition, how hard can it possibly be to win titles at Bayern when you keep buying your main rivals' best players? Germany has a historically weaker league than that of Spain and England, so it was never going to be a huge challenge winning the league there. He wanted the Champions league, which his predecessor, Heynckes, managed as part of a German club team's first ever treble.

As for winning titles at Barcelona - his style was still new, teams were still adapting and figuring out ways to combat it. Real managed to under Mourinho in the 11/12 season whilst scoring 121 goals and procuring Madrid 100 points (more than Barca had managed under Guardiola).

I actually don't dislike the guy, you're very wrong on that. He seems like a nice enough person, but he is extremely overrated and the love-in that a lot of people have for him is ridiculous. He's been found out with a weaker squad, it's that simple.

I agree with a lot of your points but it's a bit early to say he's been 'found out', people had these obscenely high expectations that he would win every game and wipe the floor with everyone.

I don't know what to make of him, I think that Barca team is one of the best ever, I don't agree Rijkaard made it for him, he shipped out Eto'o, Deco and Ronaldinho, all key players. He did have it very easy at Bayern though, no getting away from that.

How he gets on at City will finally put this one to bed though as to whether he's a great coach or just a very fortunate coach (with the players he inherits).
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1933: Oct 24, 2016 08:52:26 am
      The performance just goes to show how far the premiership is behind in Europe. It's frightening, can't see a English team winning the Cl for a while unfortunately

2017- 2018 when we are back in it!!! Not really that long to go is is Keith?  :rasp:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1934: Oct 26, 2016 11:13:33 pm
      6 games without a win. Yeah right threat these like...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1935: Oct 26, 2016 11:59:40 pm
      2017- 2018 when we are back in it!!! Not really that long to go is is Keith?  :rasp:

:D certainly not with the present team red. Would love to see English football back in the lime light in European football.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1936: Nov 04, 2016 12:17:14 pm
      Overpaid prima Donna forced to apologise as he has realised City don't need him and no other club is daft enough to pay his silly wages.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37870823
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1937: Nov 17, 2016 07:41:58 pm
      Think that Gabriel Jesus lad they are getting will spell the end for Aguero in the summer.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1938: Nov 18, 2016 09:33:53 am
      Think that Gabriel Jesus lad they are getting will spell the end for Aguero in the summer.

Why would they sell Aguero though? Their best player and top scorer, he's bagged 8 goals in 9 games already this season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1939: Nov 18, 2016 05:42:44 pm
      Aguero is only 28. I can't imagine him going anywhere unless big money is offered from a team like real Madrid or Barcelona, but they already have quite effective strikers. City are much more likely to get rid of Nolito or Bony for Gabriel Jesus.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1940: Nov 18, 2016 07:44:23 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/x-factor-star-sings-liverpool-9284878#rlabs=1%20rt$sitewide%20p$11

X Factor  singer  pumps out YNWA  at the Old Toilet  !

Mancs walk out .

Respect mate .

;D

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1941: Nov 18, 2016 08:02:01 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/x-factor-star-sings-liverpool-9284878#rlabs=1%20rt$sitewide%20p$11

X Factor  singer  pumps out YNWA  at the Old Toilet  !

Mancs walk out .

Respect mate .

;D

Wrong thread.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1942: Nov 18, 2016 09:01:51 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1943: Nov 19, 2016 12:04:05 am
      Why would they sell Aguero though? Their best player and top scorer, he's bagged 8 goals in 9 games already this season.

Aguero is only 28. I can't imagine him going anywhere unless big money is offered from a team like real Madrid or Barcelona, but they already have quite effective strikers. City are much more likely to get rid of Nolito or Bony for Gabriel Jesus.

Been talk about Aguero leaving City, doesn't look particularly happy lately and was benched for a massive game against Barca and still injury prone. Pep is ruthless if he doesn't quite fancy a player and IMO I can see things going pear shaped for Aguero regardless of his age. The system they play allows for 1 striker, if Gabriel Jesus hits the ground running then Pep will opt for him, he's already shown he's not scared to bench Aguero.

Nolito wont leave to make room for him, Nolito plays out wide and it's obvious Bony has no future there seeing as he is on loan at Stoke.

Why would Pep bin off Eto'o and then Ibra, a player he paid £40mill for that included Eto'o. Eto'o was the main man in attack in terms of goal when he left. Why bin off Yaya Toure?

Doesn't matter how old he is or how many goals he has, if Pep isn't keen then he will get rid.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1944: Nov 28, 2016 05:01:31 pm
      I see Pep has jumped on the 'Chelsea and Liverpool have an advantage because of No European fixtures' bandwagon.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1945: Nov 28, 2016 10:44:03 pm
      I see Pep has jumped on the 'Chelsea and Liverpool have an advantage because of No European fixtures' bandwagon.

He's been found out, said in the summer he would struggle because everywhere else he has had the the best team, here he has far from it.

Aguero with another petty yellow card for his actions towards the ref.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1946: Dec 03, 2016 10:22:56 pm
      They should have been 3-0 before those Chav cu*ts scored. How's De Bruyne's miss? What a shocker!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1947: Dec 04, 2016 10:46:15 am
      Don't be misled by the score. City could have been 3-0 up at half time if not for Aguero's off day. Chelski defence is jittery and teams have to attack them while they're deadly on the counter attack.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1948: Dec 04, 2016 04:26:15 pm

What F***ing advantage...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1949: Dec 10, 2016 10:40:19 pm
      Pep Best manager in the world, pull the other one! 4-2 loss to Leicester and those 2 goals only because Leicester went into cruise control. ;D :-)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1950: Dec 14, 2016 10:58:35 pm
      Gundogan has suffered suspected knee ligament damage. That lad can't catch a break. I think it's crazy that they signed him tbh with his history of knee injuries.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1951: Dec 14, 2016 11:57:48 pm
      Gundogan has suffered suspected knee ligament damage. That lad can't catch a break. I think it's crazy that they signed him tbh with his history of knee injuries.

Real shame for the lad as he is a top talent, though selfishly got to admit not overly concerned.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1952: Dec 16, 2016 02:49:18 am
      Danny Murphy has said that Pep Guardiola doesn't need to panic with regards to recent form.

Guess it's time to panic then.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1953: Dec 17, 2016 12:44:40 am
      Danny Murphy has said that Pep Guardiola doesn't need to panic with regards to recent form.

Guess it's time to panic then.

5 wins in 16 games isn't it? Horrific that, no idea how they are so high in the table.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1954: Dec 17, 2016 08:59:08 am
      5 wins in 16 games isn't it? Horrific that, no idea how they are so high in the table.

Well if they carry on like this they won't be for long, the reaosn they are still clinging on is the start they had where they won the first 6 games whilst us and Chelsea had a few stumbles.

Quick Reply